Did you guys seriously just revert the Batteries included change?

Options

You said after the PTB it was going to deactivate in endgame because with all gens powered it was way too strong especially paired with NOED. Today it says you reverted that? Why? Am I misunderstanding?

Comments

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,464
    Options

They already announced they were going to revert this change weeks ago when Chucky was released? Idk why you're that surprised.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,387
    Options

My understanding is that they made that change from PTB because they didn't intend for it to be a endgame perk. But when people expressed that they wouldn't use it anymore they reverted it.

I reckon if the perk launched on PTB with the deactiviation clause, it would never have been changed. It's just that people expected for it to be a good perk for endgame and when it wasn't it was a dealbreaker so now it's become multi-purpose i suppose.

I think it will be fantastic endgame perk but not meta

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 269
    Options

I didn’t see it then. I don’t keep up with dbd news every single day, my apologies. I’d still like an explanation for how they said it was too strong before but now suddenly it’s not?

• CrackedShevaMain
    edited December 2023
    Options

Double post

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,387
    Options

Yes, probably. But i think they would have buffed it in a different way. Because there already is a perk that speeds you up in endgame, NOED.

I think they just made this change to appease people and less for balance reasons. Which i think is fine because i don't think it'll be too strong anyway.

• CrackedShevaMain
    Options

Okay but my question is how is it still not too strong at endgame? That was your original view on it but suddenly that changes due to complaints? Plus lots of the nerds you guys announce gets complaints but those don’t get reverted. Why was this one different?

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,393
    Options
  • Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Okay but hear me out, what if we allowed end game builds to exist without complaining? The odds end game builds start dominating the meta is extremely unlikely so you're probably never gonna see it even with the nerf reversion. Do we start seeing Pop/Pain Res/Batteries/NOED start popping up? I suppose it's possible but I'm skeptical people will want to give up perks like Lethal, BBQ, Sloppy and Corrupt. This is mostly End Game enjoyers getting a W and they should be allowed to have it.

• dance
    dance Member, Community Manager Posts: 75
    Options

Hi!

For Batteries Included, we feel that we may have jumped the gun nerfing it from the PTB version. We'll be closely monitoring the situation on Live - and of course, we always want to hear feedback!

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

BHVR cannot seem to do anything entirely on their own, and instead allow their playerbase to have strongest influence and, in most cases, basically decide what happens in their own game… which has created a tug of war where DBD is the rope, and each side is continuously pulling each other over the edge into the nerf abyss for a period of time.

• baharuto48
    baharuto48 Member Posts: 75
    Options

The devs let us play survivor in their killer game long enough. Survivor bots will be the norm and killer players get their cake. At least we got a few years of playtime. Right?

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

Its still gonna be a bad/niche perk

• UnusedAccount
    UnusedAccount Member Posts: 130
    Options

You can always equip Hope if it upsets you that much.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    Options

By the time PARK is active at full power, the game is almost over.I welcome the unwinding of this nerf because the return has to be somewhat significant to bring in something that is useless in almost every situation, even at the cost of one precious slot.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,506
    Options
  • Xelleak
    Xelleak Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Options

Okay, I know you said that incomplete Generators would count towards this perk and make it "too strong". If that's what you're concerned about, I have an idea for a second rework:

BATTERIES INCLUDED

While within 12 metres of a completed Generator, gain +5% Haste - this lingers for 5 seconds after exiting the range.

UPDATE: Once the Exit Gates are powered, any Generators which weren't completed do not count towards the perk - i.e. blocked incomplete ones.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,023
    Options

Because people are capable of changing their minds and adjusting changes according to poor feedback?

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 221
    Options

Looks like killers whined and got their way again.

At least we know why BHVR has been soooo hard at work on survivor bots.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options

Because Batteries on its own wasn't the problem.

The problem is that it's allowed to stack with other stuff, which is something they should remove for all haste perks imo.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 693
    Options

I think it's going to be a fun niche perk that won't see a lot of use outside of meme builds. Honestly don't see why anyone could be all that worried about this perk.

I plan to use it to make my Legion comically fast in the endgame with NOED, Batteries Included, Rapid Brutality, Superior Anatomy and the BFFs add-on. Will it help me win any trials? No, but it'll still be pretty fun.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,789
    Options

Scavenger was nerfed from PTB before release, and that stuck despite negative feedback from survivors. Can you guys keep this same "we'll closely monitor the situation on Live" energy going forward for survivor perks too instead of caving into knee jerk reactions? Thanks

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    Options

them poor devs 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Damn if u do Damn if u dont

• turboyabo
    turboyabo Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

This perks helps noed it really needed against strong survivors who easily get rid of that hex. .

And it will help out with a carry build.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

I don't think the perk going to be that big of a deal.

• tony42545
    tony42545 Member Posts: 86
    edited December 2023
    Options

The perk already had two restrictions you have to be 12 meters near a gen and it only lasts for 5 seconds. To have a third restriction that made it not work after all the gens are completed was and is ridiculous. Especially when you compare it to other perks that do the same thing but for free like hope, play with your food, and rapid brutality.

Honestly they should also look into furtive chase as well since they were going to change it to 10% for 18 seconds after an obsession hook but currently it's 5% for the same duration. Which may not seem like much but really it ruined its individual use. However pairing it with friends till the end does have a good synergy making it better. Even if the perk didn't deserve the pre nerf.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Hope gives 7%, batteries included give 5% near a gen and 4% noed =109%.

Almost 110% like old MFT and hope. Difference killers don‘t have to do anything for it, they get it from survivors and survivors had to be injured or do all gens.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited December 2023
    Options

Can you please stop jumping the gun with trickster too, by over nerfing him just to over buff him again and ######### settle to something that doesn't make him extremely miserable to either play or play against?

That killer is always going to be unfun because it was a failed design to begin with. Just stop completely leaning the unfun part to one side over the other

This reads: revert again the timer to 10 seconds. No need to cater to even the most mediocre players, who can't even hit 1 of the 7493858304 knives trickster has within 10 seconds from the previous, and make it even easier to play him