What's your most hated change in DbD so far?

Options

Question is on the title.

For me, it's Freddy rework. He was unique, fun and good killer. Also he was amazing adaptation and loyal to original material.

But then we got terrible rework. He turned boring, unskilled killer.

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

1- Freddy's rework

2- The Realm Beyond (all of them)

3- Hillbilly's nerf

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,240
    Options

I'd say it was the time when they first changed hit validation in 2021. That felt awful. Every other hit was validated but you still got the feedback that you hit them. I even had a match in which I gained a STBFL stack over a validated hit. It also worked with old DH, which became even more popular around that time. I still remember the 10 minutes queue times as survivor in the evenings... Good thing they changed it again.

Freddy's rework is definitely a close second though. I started playing around the Twins' mid chapter. So my first matches as a survivor were against some Forever Freddys. That trauma never goes away. Now they nerfed him in every aspect and made him a nightmare to play rather than to play against. That's not much better.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 938
    Options

I do miss hex totem's fall from grace, that nowadays there's not much point running them. Same boat as boons i guess.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,758
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hillbilly nerf

DS nerf (the latest one)

Onyro rework

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 353
    Options

SBMM

Balance Balance Balance

All Latest Map Rework especially Rancid Abbatoir & Fractured Cowshed

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,271
    edited December 2023
    Options

Looking back through the history of DBD, I think its hard to top Hillbilly's nerf.

Freddy at least you can argue that there was a review bomb campaign, back in a time where such a thing could have killed the game.

The various perk nerfs have the argument that although they were fun for one side, they were usually obnoxious for the other...

Other fixes do at least have some sense when you think about it even when you don't agree...

However Hillbilly's instasaw nerf was just flabbergasting. He was as close to perfect as a killer at that time could be, loved by both survivors and killers alike... those changes completely tackled the wrong part of the problem, and while I wasn't here, my trip through the annuls of DBD history hasn't seen such a blatant misfire as that was.

I don't have an issue with the concept of an overheat mechanic being a part of a killers design, but to staple on such a radical change when you already got almost everything right, and only need to tackle a couple of add-ons was... quite unbelievable... like taking a flamethrower to light a match.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,134
    Options

Freddy rework.

SM chase music change.

Specific horrible map changes like gideon, RPD, etc.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,994
    Options

my problem is real beyond lost so many small details for no reason, especially on plagues map with those crypts and other knickknacks lost

• GeneralV
    Options

My problem with the Realm Beyond is the fact that it was not optional.

Our brief age of modding proved that the game supports people playing with different lighting on the same map.

It would not hurt to let us choose between the old maps and the reworked maps.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,214
    Options

I have such a weird hate/love feeling for my main Sadako's changes.

On one hand, some things are way better than her previous power and on the other hand, it's either too oppressive or teleporting feels too sluggish with the cooldowns.

One hand, love tapes being used more to counter-balance gen speeds. On the other, tapes are such a hassle to people they never touch them and I end up the only survivor on my team not condemned at times.

I hope the next change fixes these issues.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

HUD change.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,500
    edited December 2023
    Options

The fact that they're changing Onryo back.

Hopefully they don't change any of the other killers back as well to their previous kits.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

Honestly most of the map reworks

Like why did they turn the rancid abbaitor main into a ######### death trap

another point I hate how they’ve removed the random rng of main buildings over the years

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Change of the running animations.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 488
    Options

Medkit nerfs and DC bots.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 264
    Options

hot take: circle of healing's second nerf (no free self-care in area).

COH meta after the first speed nerf completely changed the pace of the game and most games were longer by default as survivors were encouraged to run to the boon and heal after the first hit. People complained about hit and run not being viable but that time was actually best for hit and run... now people stay injured with adren+resilience (and previously MFT). It also made 3 genning harder.

I enjoyed seeing boons as killer as a mix-up in gameplay and something for survivors to do that wasn't gens, now you never see them and instead see the same 3 or 4 perks because all boons are terrible picks

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Every single thing that happened during the time I left this game and came back

(February 2021 until April 2023)

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

The map tints

New Coldwind

Grades replacing Ranks

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 328
    Options

The change that never was for Myers.😌🤚

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Making Coldwind day.

Completely immersion breaking. and horrible for Ghostface.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,879
    Options

The Hillbilly change for me, because there was absolutely zero reason for a change and the devs even said as much before announcing a change!

It was infuriating because of the extreme lack of logic behind it and trying to even comprehend the change halved my IQ. I think my IQ has to lower even more to actually understand this.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 791
    Options

Probably the HUD rework and the use of the ugly full-colour character portraits instead of the adept icons, which would have been more in-keeping with the old design.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

Tough call...

Freddy is probably the top though we got a few close seconds.

If we're allowed to be irrational, then the moment they added Object of Obsession. That beats EVERYTHING.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,273
    Options

Sadakos rework. Killed my second favourite killer in the game.

#bringbackSadako

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

The Undying Nerf.

The problem in the Ruin/Undying was Ruin not Undying, Undying was just the glue that made an entire class of perks suddenly viable and provided the secondary objective many people had asked for.

Because that got taken away gen times got nerfed again, we had a terrible gen kick meta, hexes might as well no longer exist, etc all because of one bad balance change and then they wound nerfing ruin during the perk shakeup anyway so ######### was the point?

#BringBackUndying

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,128
    edited December 2023
    Options

The extreme shift in balance that existed for awhile. It made the game miserable to play. The game went from favoring bad survivors to favoring mediocre killer players. I think this has gotten much better in recent patches. Especially since they finally made positive changes to gen perks. Especially the horrible gen kick meta. Beyond that I really don't like the the overall work they have done with the maps. I get that a lot of them were survivor sided but I think they went too far on a few of them. People got mad about them not nerfing garden of joy enough but I think slowly making changes is better than sweeping changes which massively swing the balance to the other side. Small maps where half of the map is deadzones is not the answer.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,414
    Options

Introduction of Bots. They are not helpful at all and just point pinnatas for the Killer. The Killer already has a huge advantage due to the DC, they get even more of an advantage for having a Bot which triggers Perks and provides them BPs.

Thinking that BHVR is most likely working on Killer Bots just shows how disconnected they are from their own game.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 214
    Options

The most recent changes to Hex: Ruin. (Regression brought down to a mere 100%, totem goes out when a survivor dies). These changes were completely uncalled for

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

graphic change (survivor, killer, map)

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,272
    Options

The only changes that i dislike that they've done since may 2021 (when i started playing)

Is the nerfs to Hex : Ruin and Hex : Thrill of the Hunt.

Ruin is just garbage now i regret every single time i go into a trial with it.

Thrill of the Hunt lost it's notification when a survivor started cleansing a totem. This perk was great for hex builds because it allowed you to defend totems. It doesn't notify you anymore and only increases cleansing/blessing speed which doesn't really help if you don't have the information to interrupt it anyway.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,665
    Options

Freddy rework is my number 1. Then nerfing Pallet Freddy. Then removing Freddy’s snare through walls bug.

Also adding invisible walls to balconies so Demo can’t shred off them anymore :(

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 312
    Options

name any killer "rework" except the doc's and there's ur answer but mainly hillbilly and legion. that was the good old days when survs would DC as soon as they saw the deep wound and the game was actually dying due to one single killer

• GeneralV
    Options

I'll never understand why Thrill of the Hunt was nerfed.

It wasn't even meta!