Dead By Daylight Team is finally proposing new Game Modes!

Options
Gabe_Soma
Gabe_Soma Member Posts: 276
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

In the new player satisfaction survey you will find here: https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1735736565010235479

the developers' team finally submitted new game modes to the players.

These are the proposals:

- 5v5 -

• Two teams of 4 Survivors and 1 Killer face off to control the Generators

• Capture the Generators by moving Generator progress towards you team’s side in a tug of war gameplay

- 2v8 Party -

• 2 Killers against 8 Survivors

• Hooks are removed, but Cages of Atonement prevail

- Hide and Seek -

• No Generators

• No Hooks, only Moris when downed

• Stay alive for 5 minutes to escape through the exit gates

• Auras are revealed every couple of seconds

- Tag -

• A random Survivor is picked to be the Killer

• Down a player to swap roles

• Survivor 5 minutes and Escape

- Zombie Tag -

• A random Survivor is picked to be the Killer

• Down a player to swap roles

• Once a Survivor turns to a Killer, they cannot turn back

• Keep playing until only one Survivor remains

- Swapped Perspective -

• Killers plays in third person, while Survivors play in first person.

- Deceivers -

• Survivors work together to complete tasks before one or more “Deceiver” can kill everyone without being discovered

• Played in rounds with voting in between

- Disgustingly Scary -

• The Fog is thicker and shrouded in darkness

- Luck of the Draw -

• Start the game with randomized Perks and Items

- Giant -

• Sizes are altered! Killers are turned into giants, while Survivors become tiny

- Bumrush -

• More Generators spawn on the map

• Everyone moves at double speed

• Survivors have 3 lives from which they revive after a 20-second timer

- VIP -

• When the Obsession is killed, everyone dies

• Only the Obsession can open the gates for everyoneurvey to FINALLY get some alternatives to the stagnant, old and boring gameplay we have been used to for 7 very long years now.

Post edited by Gabe_Soma on

Comments

• Gabe_Soma
    Gabe_Soma Member Posts: 276
    Options

It must be very fun for sure, but my favourite is Tag for what I've read.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,508
    Options

The modes that changes the gameplay dynamic entirely sounds the most fun

Less of a fan of modes like Disgustingly Scary as it doesn't add anything new enough to the current way the game is played.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

Easily the most interesting part of the survey!

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,831
    Options

I actually love a lot of these gamemode ideas, I want them all

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

5v5 and the tag variants sound the best but there is a lot here that would be fun.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,215
    Options

I'm interested in the 5v5 or 2v8 modes.

Also lmao an amogus mode. What.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,011
    Options

The random perks and items for everyone interests me the most to be honest. If we’re talking something more drastic, 5v5 sounds interesting and unique.

Luck of the draw sounds like a mode that would really help lift the pressure of people feeling the need to run the meta every match when they know everyone else is on an even playing field.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,274
    Options

My favourite one is hide and seek.

Least favourite is probably... "bumrush"

Sounds like a game mode that encapsulates everything people hate about the killer experience and cranks it up to 11.

Overall i think it's a solid list of ideas.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    edited December 2023
    Options

Eh these being on survey worries me because it will take some time to be added.. hopefully not.

Post edited by lav3 on
  • Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 472
    Options

Disgustingly Scary (if its not Dredge-dark) and Luck of the Draw are probably the only playable modes. All other modes have serious issues with how the game is actually designed.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,875
    Options

These two could probably be implemented right now in custom games. They don't really change the gameplay loop at all.

However Hide and Seek, and VIP, are probably viable as actually alternative game modes. The former is more like a 'quick game' mode, which should appeal to those who like to 'go next' all the time. While the latter is more of a team focused format that should probably be SWF only.

The rest seem a bit too far out to me, too far removed from what DBD is.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,129
    Options

Holy ######### I must be dreaming lol, it's been around 5-6 years since they said in a stream they were considering working on new modes but I'd honestly gave up on it until now thinking they threw it under the bridge with the rest of the stuff that never made it

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,060
    Options
  • Chappers14
    Chappers14 Member Posts: 18
    Options

I am not going to lie. I actually love the theory on every single one. I know a lot are saying they want 8 vs 2. But if I’m honest that sounds the most boring of all. As nothing changes except higher numbers. I think the ones that want that and nothing else are really closed minded. As they are scared of opening the door to new possibilities. And something different should not be feared. Should be exciting at the unexpected. I think the zombie tag sounds the most fun. As takes pressure of killers. And be fun seeing survivors transform into killers after being downed. It’s practically infected which could be a lot of chilled out fun. And think the game needs a mode like that more than anything atm. As it’s getting so repetitive a stale as people don’t want to have fun on it anymore. For team work V.I.P is the strongest. As people are going to have to make sacrifices which I am all for. The among us version sounds fun. But need to know a bit more.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,084
    Options

I hope 2vs8 that just best mode overall. But zombie tag sounds very fun too.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

This and the one with random perks, which could just simply get included in the original gamemode.

The rest is for my taste to offside the actual game and will only cause a lot of conflict within the playerbase, including queue time. On top of that, ballancing those gamemodes would become extremly time consuming, and we run this high risk for something we might actually wont like in the long run anyway.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

I can see the arguments for 2v8, but everything else I think just doesn't work.

Random perks should be there, obviously, and disgustingly scary is easily the best one, imho. It brings the game back to its original horror direction, which I think is what DBD should be.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,006
    Options

When killer tunnel a survivor, at least 2 other teammates throw themselves into killer's arms is already the VIP game mode.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

True...

I just like the idea of a special survivor that also has certain powers. A bit more differentiation on the survivor side sounds interesting to me.

• AnatoliyAnatoliy
    AnatoliyAnatoliy Member Posts: 5
    Options

FINALLY!

• TheDoctor1995
    TheDoctor1995 Member Posts: 3
    Options

- 2v8 Party -

• 2 Killers against 8 Survivors

• Hooks are removed, but Cages of Atonement prevail

I want this mode for dbd this would make the game really fun so many possibilities for a team up on the killer’s team! And if we have the privilege of inviting a friend for your second partner as a killer, that would make it even better!