How rare is it for survivors to spawn in the killer's face?

Options
Eynox
Eynox Member Posts: 86
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

I just played a few games as huntress, and in my last game I had two survivors spawn withing swinging distance of my M1. I looked at them.. they looked at me.. I let them run away and pretended it didn't happen.

Just curious how often this happens? At first I suspected hacks or something but they played legit, and it was a fair match.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Eynox
    Eynox Member Posts: 86
    Options

The only offering was the one to make hooks closer for survivors.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,836
    edited December 2023
    Options

Its happened to me twice in 3 years that I've played. Once with a Clown and once with a Huntress. I spawned in right next to both. The Huntress behaved like you did but the Clown took full advantage of that bit of luck and tunnelled me out asap after that.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,570
    Options

At least once per year about someone will spawn in line of sight or TR of us as killer or survivor, but we don't think we've ever had swinging distance spawning before. Thats worse luck than ours.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,396
    Options

That sounds like a bug.

What map was this on?

• JoeyDonuts
    JoeyDonuts Member Posts: 106
    Options
  • xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

It happend to me once in like 2018. So for me not likely.

The interesting part with this bug (?!) is that it seems to only work on killer with a smaller terror Radius. Huntress, Myers, old Deathslinger for exmaple.

• JoeyDonuts
    JoeyDonuts Member Posts: 106
    Options
  • xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I dont think that is what the op is refering to. He means spawning directly next to the killer, within weapon range.

What the killer has in your example is called a "god spawn". Typically surviovors spawn on the opposite side, but sometimes also 1 or 2 survivors close to the killer. This happens mainly on killer with a smaller Terror radius. Spirit is one of them.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,478
    Options

This really shouldn't happen - if you have instances of it ocurring please make a bug report in the reporting section of this forum, as that is most definitely a bug. The spawning rules were changed many years back to attempt to prevent this from happening.

When reporting this, please add your game logs if possible, as well as map seed (press escape to see that), as that will help our QA team narrow down what is not working as designed. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.