The news about the upcoming updates makes me really excited of potentially coming back to dbd

Options
Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

Like 3 gen fix, new game modes, fov slider, all really good changes.

I like the ideas of new game modes but i'm surprised this one wasn't suggested.

How about instead of having to sit on gens and repair them, your new task is to looks for scraps, to craft devices that will automatically repair generators once you place it on them.

This will take what many consider is the most boring part of the game while still keeping that part in without the boring part.

Maybe make it so after you place it on the generator, it gets repaired for x amount of seconds, and if the killer kick a generator that has a repairing device on it, the repair stops and regresses until the remaining duration of the device is reactivated by the survivor, or if they place a new one on it.

A survivor can only have 1 device at most on a generator active, and a generator can have up to 4 devices at once.

I wass also thinking of a new killer ability available for all kilers called entity ruin, a killer gets an ability that will make a generator regress at 50% the speed, even when its repaired, so if a survivor repairs a generator affected by that ability, instead of 100% repair speed, it will only be 50% speed.

The ability has a 30 seconds cooldown, and lasts for 30 seconds on a generator, it also cant be used to affect more than 1 generator at the same time.

What do you guys think?

Post edited by Adaez on

Comments

• Adaez
    Options

What other game modes do you think would fit dead by daylight?

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

It's worth pointing out that the other game modes are currently a survey question, they are no where on the roadmaps as of yet.

As for your idea: If we're talking of basically doing a new game, I could see it working, but I think it would be too difficult to have as just a variation of the current system. It would switch around the gameplay loop a lot with survivors constantly on the move which would make things like aura reading much more valuable to the killer.

What I'd Like: I like the idea of 5 v 5 even though I don't think it fits the theme it is by default a balanced game between sides because of equal access. When I first read the description it sound like a Capture the Flag type gameplay where each side has one side of the map to defend, while they have another side to attack. It sounds like 5v5 will actually be all on one map with some form of fight for gen control. I'd be interested in a clear cut sides where each side has half of the map to defend (and if I was talking crazy because I don't think the system would support it, two maps joined together to create a symmetrical division).

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 876
    Options

If it's anything like the camping mechanic it will be a 3 gen "fix" so I wouldn't get excited.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

It taking 7 years to offer up a new gamemode sounds to good to be true... at least IMO

• Adaez
    Options

I like that too, but the lobbies would take too much to fill, I want the game mode to be kept as a 1v4, sometimes I wanna play solo, sometimes I wanna play with friends, that's why dbd works.

• TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589
    Options

as long as they dont touch singularity, we're good and im excited as well

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    Options

As for the 3 gen, I have nothing but concern, I hope it doesn't become a system like Basekit BT where the system tries to force the survivor's blunder to be solved by the system regardless of perk or playing.