How is your Solo life going in the event?

Options
C3Tooth
C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

(Send help immediately)

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

So far, so good! Lots of snowballs and I think I've become a Snowman-using expert, so all is well.

Not as many disconnects as usual which is good. Overall, a good experience.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 410
    edited December 2023
    Options

Very much as usual, except because of Christmas vacation I can play a bit more in the mornings when games are a little bit better than in the evenings. Overall, it's the marvels of "MMR working properly as it's supposed to" (as the devs appear to think considering there are no changes planned for the next six months):

• one game I'm found first and run the killer around shack, switch over to jungle gym, bit around that gym, back to shack, around and around, then back to gym ... killer had absolutely no clue how to run any of these tiles. After a bit of back and forth between shack and jungle gym he leaves me. Only one gen done in all that time. Me: "that'll be an easy win". Short time later: 4k and not a single additional gen done, wonderful how well MMR matches players with a similar skill level together.
    • lots of tunneling out the first survivor with 4-5 gens left, totally necessary if you're playing in lowest 5% MMR (probably where I play)
    • there's usually at least one extremely weak link in the group who single-handedly loses the game for the team. Nothing against people being really not good at the game as long as they enjoy it, but why not match them with others who also just merely play for fun and don't worry about MMR as much as I do because I want the misery to end one day?
    • new this holiday season: I have to dodge tons of lobbies with P0 Dwights, Clauds or Megs in default clothes, sometimes multiple in a row. I checked the profiles of those who are on my platform and I see they have around 7-15 hours in the game. I have over 2500 hours and want to win games because I want to get back up in MMR. Yes I typically say hours don't mean much and there will certainly be 400 hour players who are much better than I am, but I don't see much of a chance that someone with 7 hours can already perform exactly as someone with 2500 hours expects of his teammates.
    • and then between all these matches with killers having just random perks and still totally wrecking the survivors and getting their 4k, there's suddenly the odd team that's incredibly efficient, good at looping, and completely crushes even killers with some serious builds (e.g. UW/Pain Res/DMS). Apparently at the same MMR that 7 hour players play at and that is usually complete misery.
    • also new experience: I get many teammates who refuse to run and just walk everywhere. I thought they wanted to save their Sprint Burst but they don't have it. An extremely annoying case was a Jake who refused to do anything injured, so I wanted to heal him. Problem: it was vs Nemesis, there was a Zombie on our track, he was always just walking a short bit away as the Zombie got closer and the killer had Sloppy so the heal progress was always completely reset.

I'll save me the pain of playing on the Christmas days, I care more about having fun and happy holidays than the bloodhunt. (Or maybe I play killer for the event tome killer challenges and make sure my survivors can have a good time at least for one match)

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    edited December 2023
    Options

I would never ever played suvivor if not these stupid "surv-only" challenges. Playing survivor is like a very painful humiliation chore, and it's the only time I'm thinking a lot about dropping DbD.

I've started to hate all new events, chapters and game development, because with each step there will be a book, and in this book will be odious suvivor-challenges, and you will have to do them to get rifts/skins/etc. And I'm forcing myself to do at least one challenge in a day, like a bitter pill. "Why do I do that?" - I'm asking myself. Ain't game should be fun? It's pure masochism.

Then I play killer and bad thoughts mitigate a little. And I always let at least one survivor go after I win. Because I know how atrocious is survivor's experience 😖

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Had a Feng just do a gen while letting me and the other two teammates die on hook. Yeah I’d say it’s going fantastic and I don’t wanna question my life choices 😃

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 692
    Options

I've enjoyed it the most out of all the events I've played so far. It's been a blast throwing snow balls at Killers and Survivors and jumping into snowmen.

I think I like it most because the event mechanics don't really make a big difference to the game. Join in or don't, it doesn't really matter. I know plenty of players probably preferred the Anniversary event because it gave us all ridiculously busted things to play with, but I found certain aspects of all that to be kinda frustrating.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 363
    Options

Pretty fun, had killers bring unusual builds so thats neat. And a many snowballs were thrown, I find it easier to form a snowball fight with everyone as killer than when I play survivor. Mostly the same honestly, makes me wish they keep the skulls and snowman in some form, I really like what they add to matches

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

i dont have a lot of time but want to get the challenges done - so thats the one and only thing i focus on. if i can do something funny along the way i do - otherwise i gg next sooner rather than later. which tbh makes the whole Tunneling bs a lot more bearable.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

I'm just throwing as many snowballs as I possibly can in every match. 😁

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

People throwing the game by trying to do background player flashlight saves

• Lobos
    Lobos Member Posts: 212
    Options

The gif pretty much sums it up. The more I see the devs posting here, it becomes pretty obvious they don't play Solo Survivor at all. I wonder why that is?...

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 793
    Options

Mostly fine, which is to say the same as normal except with snowballs, which are the most fun thing they've added to the game since snowmen.

I only wish you could get higher BP rewards for longer range hits, because pelting the killer in snowball mortar attacks from half a map away is very satisfying.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,678
    Options

Most games are not too bad. Haven’t had any camping and only a couple tunnels. Fair amount of slugging till death though.

Honestly I haven’t actually had a lot of issues with the killers I face outside of the occasional toxic one (and the fact that Skull Merchant is for some reason really common).

My main issue is my teammates just giving up for no reason. Almost every game has someone DC or die on hook simply because the killer looked at them. Please stop throwing games! We could easily have won if you weren’t such a wet blanket!

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 618
    Options

Absolutely fun and fine as it was. I am enjoying this event and it seems like others also enjoy it. I didnt see DC or suiciding these days.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,789
    Options

I'm having fun. Most people are playing normally with some fun snowballs in between. Had a small handful of party poopers but nothing remarkable.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 332
    Options

Well, the beginning of the event I had an injured Ada DH right in my face that not only weren’t on first hook yet, they also did not have DH..

Went against a wallhacking Spirit with 330 hours on the game VPNing

Lots of survivor games where I have teammates with 200-1000 hours on the game where they crouch edge map, never help or get 2 tapped against a killer that also has around the same hours as them..

Haven’t had many snowball fights with killers because they’re either playing seriously or take getting hit by snowballs offensively.

Just your typical event. Bad actors come out, solo queue worsens, no one wants to participate..

• baharuto48
    baharuto48 Member Posts: 75
    Options

When I play killer and don't down someone fast enough I hear the DC noise which makes me feel bad because I think that player quit because they felt I wasn't in their league. I wish killer didn't hear that noise. It's very insulting. Well whatever. I adjust my play style. Truthfully I tunnel out the bot and let the human players leave. I don't care about points or winning. I only care about fun and camaraderie among the players.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,061
    Options

Got hooked by Myers in the 1st sec of the match along with the rest of the team. Never seen a cheat like that before.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 166
    Options

Not bad surprisingly.

• LinKueiBrony
    LinKueiBrony Member Posts: 13
    Options

Going pretty well

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,826
    Options

I hate games like this in SoloQ

We are all doing the generators until only one remains, the killer is having a horrible match, maybe two hooks.

Then, because nobody will help me do the last generator, the whole trial goes to hell.

Many such cases.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 426
    Options

It has been a mess for me.

Team mates giving up on their second hook, as usual by the time I arrive a few meters next to them, intentionally refusing to coordinate and escape the killer; Instead, they do walk right to the killer's arms and right below the hook, signalizing the killer to hook them for free.

And, as if it wasn't enough.. It has been pretty much Blight 24/7 with the most busted add-ons, sweaty perks like Corrupt Intervention, Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance, Sloppy Butcher, and Ultimate Weapon.. Pretty much every single match. Naturally, tunneling the first survivor they can - Even if I body block them and offer myself, they still go after the recently unhooked team mate instead of hooking me, leaving me and the other survivors bleeding on the ground.

And when I play as a killer with my usual build using non-META perks like Brutal Strength, Rapid Brutality, Save The Best For Last, and Agitation? I get SWF premades with Commodious, Mechanic's or Engineer's Toolboxes with Brand New Parts, Swivel Sockets, Sprint Bursts, Lithes, Adrenalines, and who knows what else.. Along with each match at least one survivor sided map offering, like Azarov's Key or stuff like that.

And once I get a match that has chill players in it?

The players are either so bad that I feel bad for having experiences to know how to easily outplay them despite not sweating it, or that the players literally look like they're throwing the matches from my perspective due to me being a veteran, whereas they're new to the game.

I don't know what I'm supposed to think about it.

The balanced, the truly balanced matches usually play out quite well until one of the survivors decides to throw the match into the killer's favour or outplays me so well that the result of the match becomes more or less guaranteed.. Barely any match gets to be played to its end, which is a real shame. This does only happen against the coordinated SWF premades with Brand New Parts and such, but those aren't giving up because they're giving it their all and sweating it.

The odds of encountering actual mature and casual players who don't give up and merely wanna have fun are literally non-existent.. And as such, I have barely played the game during the Event, except for the first week to finish the Bone Chill Tome completely. I will give it a try today, but I'm already being somewhat hopeless, to be honest..

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,157
    Options

Terrible playing soloQ in christmas is worst thing you can do to yourself. Only no life killers play at the moment and you get matched agains't them and when you play killer same happens and only try hard swf:s.

• CorvusCorax86
    Options

I actually do have a life and I'm being nice during my matches (no tunnel nor camp).

I wish there was a downvote.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    Options

The same as always

solo q usally bad, killers a mix bag, and SWFing fun. I try to rotate through all three ways of playing as much as possible and solo q always the most frustrating

• Lobos
    Lobos Member Posts: 212
    Options

I did manage to get 2 different killers to get into a snowman while I was in another one and have snowman chases/loops with me. Most fun I had in the event so far.

• CorvusCorax86
    Options

I had a great match with Clown where I managed to 4K with 3 gens left. I was surprised to see two survivors took a toolbox (both with BNP) to the match.

Then I had a 2K with Pyramid Head where I made the mistake of using Rites of Judgement too many times. I had 2 survivors down (one already perished) and went after a good looper who managed to heal them. Eventually, it was a 2K.

Naturally, the team besting me had to do the usual toxic talk in endgame chat.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

Can Pyramid Head see where survivors go when they are sent to the cage? Does he see the aura of the cage?

• CorvusCorax86
    Options

Unfortunately, not. Or perhaps with an add-on?

When playing against him I am surprised that the killer knows where the cages are.

Perhaps there is a perk they use or just guess where the game puts survivors when they are caged (probably in the farthest corner).

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

So far this evening, I had 3 Killers in a row farm with the Survivors with multiple Terrormisu offerings from the Survivors. Thank you to Trickster, Blight and the other Trickster 🤗

• CorvusCorax86
    Options
  • ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I have resorted to using Self Care/Botony/Desperate Measures/Reactive Healing.

Honestly it's not too bad of a combo. Or I'm coping hard.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

Hey, I recently made that same build, just using Kindred instead of Reactive Healing. Those 3 work well to heal yourself as well as teammates.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I've been using reactive healing as a means to take bodyblocks for others, then if they continue to chase their prior target I heal up nearby and get a bonus if they get hit/downed. Mostly buys time for the others to do gens.