Options
ElionTron10
ElionTron10 Member Posts: 40
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

He is way to fast

• If you drop a pallete your dead, if you dont drop a pallete your still dead
  • LT walls is a death sentence
  • He dosent get any slow down if he pulls his knifes out
  • If he wounds you with the knives, you won't get any distance without taking at least 3 more knives

Just make him Slower again and give him another Knife buff

A killer who can throw things should never be as fast as an normal killer why play Huntress or Deathslinger when you have Trickster?

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,015
    Options

He feels pretty bad now, you have to hit 1/5 of your knives to damage a health state. It's not like he just got the speed buff some of his add-ons got nerfed as well as taking 2 more knife hits to injured. There's many chases where you could easily have shaved off 10-20 seconds with huntress or slinger.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,138
    edited December 2023
    Options

I don't know why they even buffed a killer that is almost universally hated. Like couldn't they have put that time into fixing nurse, hag, twins, etc? Something that would actually make the game better.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

You know, I don't think trickster is strong or anything but I would never start an argument by mentioning you need to hit 1/5th of your knives.

You really shouldn't be playing a character your miss your power more than 80% of the time.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I do enjoy most games against Huntress. I've had my longest chase ever against a Huntress, but it was still a pretty bad game due to a ######### solo teammate. As per usual.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I agree that he's braindead and pretty annoying to play against, but that doesn't mean he's too powerful. I'd still rather go against him than a Skull Merchant, Knight, or even Hag any day.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Huntress was the very first killer I played against, all the way back in 2018. And I was just a baby Claudette, running for my life on Azarov's Resting Place.

Ah, those are good memories of a better time. A time where I loved this game. But I suppose Huntress will always be one of my fav killers to go against.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,015
    Options

I said you need to hit around 1/5 of the knives for one damage state you start with 44 blade base. I wasn't saying i'm missing them all it's just a lot more than the previous 1/7 for a damage state.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,762
    Options

I'm not playing against any trickster lately

for some reason my game lags and I can't hit the skillchecks on hook

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,494
    Options

No, it's because he genuinely sucks to play against. He has zero skill expression as Survivor.

He's got old Legion issues

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Huntress = fun

Trickster = womit

Getting good with huntress: 1000 hours

Getting good with Trickster: 25 minutes

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 487
    Options

I cannot agree more and have been complaining about him since he got as you said overbuffed. A skilled huntress is still better but he is so annoying. I don't know what they were thinking when they changed his movement speed. My chases last like a minute or less against him now.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    Options

It's abit different when your not talking about a down but rather the minimum to get a health state. Could be MORE than that considering the damage between health stated disappears. Compare that to Huntress where hitting a hatchet (1/5 her base ammo) is ALWAYS a health state.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

Skill expression as survivor comes down to 90% map/tile knowledge 10% mindgames.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 876
    Options

Nurse is pretty universally hated too.

To me it's more that they looked at him and thought 'this killer doesn't get picked enough' let's buff his most problematic asset which is what caused the issue in the first place.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,494
    Options

It also requires meaningful counterplay, of which Trickster has none.

Even if you dodge twenty knives, it doesn't matter. Once he gets Main Event, you die. He's ass to play against because he's like old Legion. You are gonna go down, it doesn't really matter how good you are. He might still lose, but he can absolutely ######### you over in particular and your skill doesn't matter

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,381
    Options

1st bullet point is not true. It depends on how high the walls of the loop are. On yamaoka if the survivor just runs around the big rocks trickster is forced to hit you. Decisively dropping pallets like this is important in playing against him.

2nd bullet point. This is true for every ranged killer.

3rd statement is majorly incorrect. In throw state his movement speed is decreased to 3.8m/s.

4th bullet point depends on line of sight

Make him slower and give him another knife buff? I feel like this would just make the problems you have with him worse.

In my opinion based on my game experience i don't think he needs any further changes. Survivors are still escaping me a lot and unfortunately he is still one of my worst performing killers in terms of kill rate. But at least he is less frustrating and much more fun to play as.

I think he is still not very good because his power is purely an alternate way of damaging at short to medium range. He has nothing else like mobility, detection, slowdown.

His power also only allows you to injure faster. It does not allow you to deplete pallets faster. Pallets are still effective against him if they are used at the right time and in a way that causes a long enough wall.

I can understand why he is frustrating but he is by no means overpowered. If you read his description on the game website, he is working as intended.

"The Trickster overwhelms fleeing Survivors with a relentless barrage of blades. Seemingly safe actions like vaulting windows and dropping Pallets turn into target practice"

He is designed to be punishing and oppressive. He is not anything more. He can't slow the game down like pig or cenobite or reveal you like doctor.

If they are to address these frustrations they would have to give him a different power entirely and i think that would be a shame because i do think he has a place in the killer roster at the moment. And it's not like all killers are going to ever have 100% approval rate.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

"Doesn't get any slowdown for holding knives"

He's 96.25%, the same speed as a walking Nurse. Only thing that changed was that because his throw rate was rendered static, he no longer gradually slows to 92% which is just the standard movement speed for killers using their power.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

From my experience whenever it's a Trickster it ends up being me and 3 bots very fast.

This is giving me SM vibes all over again.

I can deal with him and waste a lot of his time but I end up playing with bots, it's so discouraging. Something needs to be done.

No one wants to go against him it seems (I don't blame them.) and my items and burn outs go to waste. I always stay but ugh.