Cheats/Hacks or something else

Options
Taylor82
Taylor82 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

I seem to be playing a lot of games where things don't add up. I have players using perks they don't have, some are moving way above normal speed. You ether can't catch them or if it's the killer you can't outrun them. When facing chucky I've had at least 5 games where using the flashlight triggers but the stun does not work, and they are moving so fast. Like at 300% speed. I check perks at the end and none of them add up to what the player is able to do. I've seen multiply killers doing Mori without the Perk being slotted. I run the perk Bond and have seen s teammates that seem to be using perks they don't have for movement and with constant speed bursts.

Is something broken or am I just delusional?

Post edited by Taylor82 on

Comments

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

The only killer you can outrun is the Nurse, as long as she doesn't blink.

Everything else sounds like cheating.

I'd tell you you need to record the matches on video, report the cheaters and send a link to the video in an additional report.

However I don't believe it helps one bit. (I've kept track of obvious cheaters I've reported and they haven't been banned.)

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 142
    Options

Cheating is ramped up on both sides. I just had a survivor unhook themselves on second phase.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

This is actually possible. It is the Anti Facecamping-Feature.

And this is also the reason why people who claim to go against cheaters need to show videoproof. It is entirely possible that the unhook was legit, but nobody can tell because there is no footage.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,769
    Options

Had a Wesker yesterday I was 100% positive had BBQ&Chilli. After hooking someone he made a beeline to someone else - even if they weren't on a gen (so he wasnt checking gens), like there was no gen in shack, I was just there doing a totem for example - then checked post-game as I was one of the last to die and he didn't have a single aura perk.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 876
    Options

I've noticed a lot of questionable behaviour as if killers have aura reading perks when they don't. Today, for example, I had a blight who threw times beelined across the map for me with no aura reading perks equipped but who also seemed to play deliberately badly later in the match to let the last two survivors escape.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,014
    Options

Cheating is definitely up in the past few weeks. Most of the cheating stuff i assume is subtle but there have been more obvious things like teleporting and such now. Had a game a few days ago against a trapper who just instadowned and hooked everyone in 20 seconds of match start and kept teleporting. I went to stage 2 on hook, unhooked myself cause he was just teleporting back to everyone in a fall animation and i unhooked myself from anti camp and immediately got hit 20 times and downed re-hooked and was so fast the game didn't register and i was still in stage 2 with 20% left on the bar.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 332
    edited December 2023
    Options

Well, unhooking yourself on second stage before endgame is legit. That's the anti-facecamp on hook mechanic. However, I did go against an Ada that wasn't even on first hook yet neither did they have DH and DH'd right in my face.

The "300% speed boost" could just be Background Player, it gives an insane speed boost after someone gets picked up by the killer. The game's also super buggy right now

Edit: I realized you're talking about killers having an insane speed boost.. As I said, could just be how buggy the game is atm