Haddonfield: Killer or Survivor sided?

Options
A_Can_Of_Air
A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,015
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

Because as a primarily Killer player, I hardly do well on it unless I’m playing specific Killers. I pretty much know how the game is going to go against survivors who have their ######### together. Balanced Landing/Lithe? Check. Can see me from miles away and pre-runs, forcing me to dedicate or leave them (letting them run back to the generator)? Check. Runs one way around a building and runs back the other way (50/50 mind game wasting a lot of time trying to catch up)? Check.

I’ve had the map twice today. One on Doctor and one on Xeno. With Xeno, I’ve had some other maps where each game has felt pretty balanced and each side did well, I would say. Haddonfield was just full of pre-running and balanced landings. Generator in the middle of the street was 80% done and I had downed someone, but someone was on the generator. I could ignore them and hook, but then they get the gen done. I could slug the survivor, but I know someone else is close by waiting for the pick up. Kick the gen? They’ll tap it. There was no real winning other than securing a hook and camping (I hate camping, it’s incredibly boring and I don’t like having to do it to secure kills).

Haddonfield and Eyrie of Crows are probably my worst maps, I almost never do well on them, even Badham tends to go better for me more than they do.

What’s the solution, play Blight? Is it just a skill issue? Because I’ve come to the realisation recently that I’m an average gamer at best and can only do so much, but I like to think I try my best at least.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

I'd say it depends on who you play. Some killers have an easier time on Haddonfield than others.

But idk, I don't understand that map anymore.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,543
    Options

Our vote goes to survivor sided. The houses are a pain to deal with when people know how to use them. Though theres 2 major points for killers: The streets are effectively free hits once the few pallets are gone, and theres strait up awful 3 gen set ups that can be easily guarded while chasing.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Survivor sided if you are not against a nurse or blight you can use the houses to loop a killer for an eternity, best thing is you need no pallets as the distances for widows make it so the killer has to vault so you are guarantee a safe zone once you enter a house.

If you get downed in the deadzone idk what you were doing but its the only not incredibly safe place in the map, definetly survivor sided if the survivor player is decent. However if the survivors are bad all they will see in that map is a giant deadzone and some decent pallet loops

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

Both. It has the potential for a nasty 3 gen (killer sided) on the streets in the middle of a dead zone. But it also has some very strong loops that cannot be disarmed. The streets are terrible for survivors, the houses for killers.

No matter what side you play, you're screwed.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,314
    Options

Firmly survivor sided. Some of the houses have absurdly-strong loops in them. The only part of the map that's killer-sided is the street, but there's always a house nearby.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

Killer dependent.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 441
    Options

Extremely survivor sided due to all building being extremely strong while also each having 2 god windows. Gen split is also way too wide.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,758
    Options

Neither sided map

outside loops are bad so survivors are forced to use the bullshit window loops so that’s why it’s awful to play on as killer

you can’t win lol

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,667
    Options

Haddonfield is a strong survivor map.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,761
    Options

Slightly killer sided,

because the only strong loops are in the houses, and they are still hard to use and doesn't have the convenient loop design like most of the maps have

the middle of the map is a giant deadzone

most of the pallets are unsafe, and I can't even remember if the map has an actual "god pallet", maybe the one in the basement of one of the houses

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Its surprisingly bad for killer, unless you manage to play street, you are finished

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    Options

Way too survivor sided. The buildings are all far too safe, and with the removal of its 3 gen potential killers have nothing to fall back on.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,777
    Options

"hard to use"

lol

It also quite easy for the survivors to see you coming so they can shift W to house nearly everytime.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

Survivor sided.

It had nerfs to pallet numbers and top 3~5 killers won't be affected much but houses have busted several windows.

Also it isn't easy to patrol generators unless you have very good mobility/teleport basekit.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

I feel it’s more survivor sided honestly. Those houses are annoying.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

If the survivors know what they're doing then survivor sided. The gen spread available on that map is horrendous.