Influx of cheaters?

Options
Bartolomeo87
Bartolomeo87 Member Posts: 35
edited January 1 in General Discussions

My last few games have been flooded with cheaters both subtle and not. I’ve had people using deliverance multiple times despite not having the perk. I’ve had people subtly moving a few percentages faster and then running hope as a poor attempt to disguise it, even though it was obvious both in game and whilst double checking the replay that they were definitely faster than the rest throughout. Anybody else experiencing an increase in cheaters? I feel it’s been good up until recently and all of a sudden I’m getting them far more frequently.

Imo the ones that try to hide it are the worst. I’d rather go against someone that is blatantly cheating and just go next instead of playing against someone that acts like they’re playing well when in reality they’re cheating. These sort of players always brag the most as well. It sucks to be sitting there genuinely questioning your own skill only to find out “oh, this guy was literally just cheating” halfway through the match.

Comments

• Senaxu
    Senaxu Member Posts: 135
    Options

that will not change sadly. the best way is to not spend any money. There are alot of people that are unhappy about the game but spent alot of $ in skins or other stuff ingame, so devs prio that likewise.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,061
    Options

I had a match where the killer wanted us to do the reporting after they won.

In the chat they were complaining about Ripley quickly healing after hook. However, another survivor using Renato had Resurgence and Leader so we ditched the idea of reporting.

I'm still not about whether or not there is an influx but if you made a replay and double-checked it I'm not denying what happened in your case.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,061
    Options

Funny how I replied and just now I saw a cheater entering quickly lockers but speeding away from the killer like the Flash.

He waited until all of us died and DC-ed (he had zero BP).

• nora_the_explora
    nora_the_explora Member Posts: 104
    Options

Yeah I feel like there is a lot more subtle cheaters, perfectly tracking behind walls, runnin slightly faster aswell. I just had a feng trying to hide it but then she seed hacked on a pallet when she was about to get hit, outing herself. the only thing u can do is to open a ticket and report with video evidence, maybe they will get banned in 4 months or so lol

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,789
    Options

Finally saw one! Was on hook in endgame and watching this Feng's aura zooming around. She had no speed perks, and kept stopping at hooks and sabo'ing in like 1 second to annoy the killer I guess with loud noise notifications. I didn't record and upload but reported post-game.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

I encountered a few cheaters a while back on Hawkins, but other than that I don't think I've seen any. Although that may be because I'm inattentive when it comes to things like spotting subtle cheaters.

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534
    Options

yes there has been an increase. iv personally been seeing teleporting or speed hacking survivors recently thinking theyre subtle lmao

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534
    Options

update: i just went against a cheater lol, ran around a corner and just flat out teleported a couple loops behind me. look out for cocky survivors. if theres a subtle cheater anywhere i promise itll most likely be them

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 636
    Options

too many speed hack survivors lately, probably using wall hack as well... It's so annoying and BHVR does nothing about it

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,116
    Options

Is there a perk that lets Survivors repair generators from afar or by itself?

About a couple of weeks ago I was playing as the Killer on Yamaoka. There was a Survivor hooked. I went to a generator and found two survivors on it. The hook was in my line of sight and the second I scattered the two on the generator I could see the fourth survivor rescuing the hook. At that moment a generator across the map from all of us got completed.

It seemed like cheating but maybe there are perks that let generators make progress after a Survivor leaves it?