Report Question

Options
Astel
Astel Member Posts: 618

I encountered cheater but mistakenly failed to report that guy in game. I have a video as evidence and my platform is PS5 and the cheater was not anonymous. What can I do?

Best Answers

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,671
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nothing if you forgot to report them in game.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,984
    Answer ✓
    Options

The in-game report is kinda required since people are able to change names to whatever they want. There would be nothing stopping someone from temporary changing their name to YOURS, making a video and claiming it was you.

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 142
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have forgotten to report ingame but made a video and sent it with a report. It seemed to work in the past. Had one today but it was the whole team and it was odd. Videoed the game in clips and reported and made another report with sending the video.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,058
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm not sure how PS5 works but if I failed to do the in-game report I would still be able to find the Steam link to the cheater not in anonym mode. Hopefully, they'll accept the video evidence and do what must be done.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Answer ✓
    Options

as far as i know an in game report is always required.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,283
    Answer ✓
    Options

Mandy has always said you NEED to do an ingame report even if you later do a ticket.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,390
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately without an in-game report, we would be unable to accept the video. We need an in-game report to verify that the person in the video is the correct person since multiple people may share the same name (or may have their name hidden).