Do You Think This Upcoming Year Will Have A Prevalent Theme?

Options
Chordyceps
Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,693
edited January 2 in General Discussions

This year of content for DBD has had a very prevalent sci-fi theme. Killers we've gotten this year include Skull Merchant, Singularity, Xenomorph and chucky, with 3 of those 4 very much being sci-fi horror characters. It's also brought two new maps, both set on an alien world. This is probably the year with the most consistency in terms of horror subgenre in DBD's history.

Do you all think this trend will continue with a new subgenre, and what do you think this subgenre will be? Or do you think this upcoming year will see more variety?

Comments

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

It has been sci-fi themed huh? And then this last rift was toy themed along with the release of Chucky.

Mm… I think they mentioned in their AMA that they do consider theme. I forgot if they clarified if it was annual or only per event.

Personally I hope they release a traditional fire and brimstone hell themed rift, level and Killer. I saw another user here mention a Fantasy theme. That would be really neat with a horror twist on the genre.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

Hm not necessarily a bad idea but imo they can just mix themes as we go along.

• Chordyceps
    Options

I could definitely see a fantasy theme happening. D&D has been becoming more popular lately with the D&D movie and Baldur's gate 3, they could probably hop on that train, with plenty of fantasy monsters and characters to choose from.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 618
    edited January 2
    Options

Didn't devs confirm upcoming chapter will be science-related? Though I am not sure whether all the chapters this year will be science-themed.

Whatever I hope them to show good horror aspects in upcoming DLCs.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,753
    Options

I'm hoping for a more esoteric theme this year, stuff like old folktales and legends you would tell your friends around a campfire, Stuff like Wendigos, Shadowy figures that you can only see out the corner of your eye, creatures that do not abide by natural laws, that sort of thing

• Chordyceps
    Options

That for sure is something I've been wanting to see. I really do think it would be cool to see either a known cryptid, or BHVRs take on a cryptid, making up their own thing. Something that captures that fear of being in the woods at night and not knowing what's out there.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2
    Options

Wow an esoteric theme… wow how cool, I would love that. Imagine Behavior does a secret society theme à la Eyes Wide Shut?

Edit: The masquerade masks fit in with the secret society theme. Having a Killer, level, or rift along these lines would be so awesome. I can imagine an indoor level with marble columns, a vaulted ceiling, and red curtains…

Post edited by HerInfernalMajesty on
  • MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I hope this year of DbD will be Horror Classics:

Give us Dracula, give us Mummy, give us Werewolf

We need horror classics in DbD!

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,337
    Options

I’m gonna wait with my guesses until the mid-chapter is here.

The last rift kinda-sorta teased Chucky with it being toy-themed.

• Chordyceps
    Options

A mummy could be cool to see, especially if it comes with a map that's inside a pyramid, a setting where I'd like to see more horror take place.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,500
    edited January 2
    Options

Hopefully some more unconventional or niche horror themes.