Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is BP bonus bugged?

mustdogen
mustdogen Member Posts: 368

Recently the BP bonus are always on survivor side.

But as a both side player's experience, the waiting time of survivor is still longer than killer,like 1-2 minutes vs 20-30sec.

Then why the BP bonus is still on survivor side?is it bugged?

Comments

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,720

I haven't seen anything different, but the situation you describe isn't that unusual. Sometimes even with the 100% a match can take 1 to 2 minutes even if they normally only take like 15 seconds, I've seen this with both killer and survivor. You probably just hit a bad run of luck on the matchmaking.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,426

It could simply be that because each game requires 4 survivors and 1 killer, it may simply take a bit longer to find 4 relatively suitable survivors to team up and they need a bigger pool to pick from. Matchmaking in solo queue has been a hot topic lately and we know they're messing around with matchmaking currently (eg soft cap raising) so it's possible they're messing around with it again. Longer queue times are normal if matchmaking is stricter. We'll see anyway.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

Probably because you need 3 other people to queue as survivor before you can play a trial.

• UnusedAccount
    UnusedAccount Member Posts: 130

I noticed that no matter if BP bonus or not, Survivor queue takes super long to go through. The only times I get long killer queues is when a new Killer just released, like Chucky.

I honestly think its just placeabo at this point.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    edited January 3

There's a very good chance that it is working as intended. The bonus you see is unique to you, based on things like the skill level you play each role at and your region. With that in mind, it's possible that both Killers of your skill level and Survivors of your skill level are in demand at the same time because your ratings for each are different. The matchmaker will prioritize the role that it needs you for most, even if the other role could use you too.

It's a bit more complicated than it seems on the surface. The distribution of people across skill levels is like a bell curve. A lot of people are somewhere around the middle, but very few are on the extreme ends (high or low skill). If your rating for one role is near the middle, you'll likely get faster matches even if there's an excess of people playing that role simply because there's a ton of people you can be matched with. But if you're a really high/low skill Survivor, you might be in more demand despite it taking longer to find a match because the matchmaker doesn't have nearly as many people at your level to work with.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 516

Is it possible to for someone at BHVR to make a more transparent post on this? Because there are a lot of arguments about balance using "Well if X ain't OP then why does Y have a constant bonus?". Some clarification and explanation would do everyone some good.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 339

I've experienced the same thing. My killer queue times are usually faster than survivor, even while the survivor bonus is at 100%. I suspect matchmaking just takes longer to place survivors into lobbies for whatever reason.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

BP bonus has NEVER accurately correlated with queue times.