If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What’s the most random perk you’ve gotten hate for

Options

Like not meta in the slightest but you still got a toxic message for using it

Comments

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,984
    Options

Easiest answer will be Franklin's. People don't like it when they can't flashlight click ya, really ruins their fun. Also works well against medkits since wasting charges will result in them not healing themselves, even if they go fetch it.

Bonus points if you smack the item out of their hand mid pallet stun. Now they can't get their item until you break the pallet.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,197
    Options

Mettle of Man

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

Lightborn.

It isn't really meta, but I do remember one particular survivor who didn't like the fact that his flashlight was pretty much useless the whole trial.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options

"Spies from the Shadows" - whilst not directly attacked - got me reported for cheating, apparently.

On The Game, I sacrificed the 3rd Survivor and Spies alerted me to something on the bottom floor. The crow had flown off near a locker, so I decided to try it on the off-chance. It worked and I found and killed the fourth Survivor.

They refused to believe I could have had anything which would have shown them that they were there and the fact I had gone downstairs directly and opened their locker must clearly be cheating, despite my pointing out how Spies works. They said they were reporting me and to enjoy my ban. Since that never happened, I can say Spies can very much be a surprising Perk to use!

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 264
    Options

A lot of killers will cuss me out in chat for using boil over, even by itself without any sabo or map offering trickery.

On the killer side, I was called boring for using no way out and closing hatch since it made endgame a "guaranteed win"

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

If you are on console, or PC but play with a controller, Boil Over really messes your movement up.

It doesn't justify the salt you've received, but it is a very frustrating perk.

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 320
    Options

Lucky Break.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

The most hate one of us got was from Lightborn.

A swf squad (didnt truly know till the end but...->) last second swapped to 4 clickers while we had it on. After the match they tried to say sooooo many things to the point where we were dying laughing.

• Chaos_Brother
    Chaos_Brother Member Posts: 376
    edited January 5
    Options

No idea because I never read chat or after match DMs. Back when I did, it was something toxic or hateful 70% of the time, so I just stopped reading them years ago. Not reading the nice messages is a sacrifice I was willing to make to ensure that I never have to read the bad ones.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,402
    Options

Literally shadowborn. Couldn't even respond, there was nothing to say.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,228
    Options

i got hated on by other survivors once (about 1 year ago) for having calm spirit and deja vu in my loadout :(

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    Options

I one time got made fun of for running Whispers.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

If we're counting Lightborn, definitely that.

• AGlassOfOJ
    AGlassOfOJ Member Posts: 7
    edited January 5
    Options

It wasn't to me but some guy yelled at a Dwight in post game chat for running Prove Thyself after they won

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,325
    Options

For some reason survivors think Lightborn is so broken considering how many times people cry about it in post game chat.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 612
    edited January 5
    Options

I very rarely get hate in the chat for running certain perks. I guess I must play a lot of console gamers (and European/UK PC gamers aren't all that chatty, anyway). But I definitely get give up and go next vibes from some teams as soon as they realise I'm running Lightborn / Iron Grasp and none of their flashbang/flashlight/boil over/sabo/body blocking plays will work against me.

I don't really get why. I've literally devoted half my build to chasing and getting hooks on everybody. If I've just spent precious time trying to down somebody, why would it be so odd that I'd want to make sure it was all worth the effort? Do Survivors not want me to play for hooks?

If you've loaded into a game with the sole intention to deny Killers hooks, then you're my least favourite kind of Survivor and I'm only happy to be an annoyance to you.

On Survivor side, any kind of locker perk, Self-Care and Plot Twist seem to bring out the griefers if they can catch you using them.

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 259
    edited January 5
    Options

Remember Me

Yes, you read that right.

I was playing Artist, the survivors sent me to RPD. My build consisted of Overcharge, Remember Me, Thrilling Tremors and Sloppy Butcher and I managed to get a 4K. The end game chat went as follows:

[Surv1, who brought the offering]: "Poop perkbuilt dude"

[Surv2]: "what a ###### perkbuilding"

[Surv2]: "36 sec for gate you moron"

[Surv1]: "noob"

[Me]: "I mean, it worked"

[Me]: "ggwp"

[Surv2]: "dude and you killers cry about deadhard"

[Surv2]: "Are you serious"

[Surv2]: "This is completely unfair #### ### #### should i do"

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 406
    Options

I once got accused of hacking when trying to get the Adept Quentin achievement. I was the last survivor and the killer closed hatch before I could get to it, I stealthily got to an exit gate and Wake Up! Meant I opened gates much quicker. Killer said it wasn’t possible to open that quickly even with that perk. Absolute absurdity.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,402
    Options

Killer doesn't read your perks

killer has never heard of wake up in their life

Not a too far fetched scenario.

I've been called a hacker for running iri tag in the past, it's just rare.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 634
    edited January 5
    Options

Autodidact. I would combine it with We’ll Make it. Seems crazy until you realize you don’t always save survivors to get the healing boost.

A deathslinger in Midwich claimed I was hacking because I had No One Left Behind as well after unhooking someone. I was insta healing all the people with 5 Auto stacks after he slugged them in the basement with STBFL. The Steve distracted him upstairs while I did that. Hahaha!

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,305
    Options

I got a hackusation…

over what turned out to be Off the Record.

beyond that, I’ve had someone absolutely fuming in chat over them getting caught in the basement because of Iron Maiden.

• Donkeybqlls
    Donkeybqlls Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 72
    Options

Nit quite what you asked but I once was treated very rudely because I played Bill and didn't use borrowed time. It was maybe my 5th game ever so was still kinda figuering out the good perks ... I'm still glad he died because of my noobyness

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,067
    Options

Distortion pre 6.1 (been running it ever since I learned of its existence and have grown ever more attached to it) but I suppose with the rise in usage it could be considered too close to meta to count here.

At the moment.... I don't really get hate for anything tbh. Then again, I also run very chill, pretty off-meta builds so I would be extremely surprised if I got hate.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,902
    Options

Lithe, Kindred, Nurse calling, DWM, Huntress Lullaby (didnt even get a stack before it got cleansed), Whisper.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,615
    Options

I play on Nintendo Switch so I can only yell at my TV when a fellow Survivor (or two) brings No Mither.

They always go down first and give up on first hook. So annoying.

Oddly enough, nobody ever brings it when I'm playing Killer.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited January 5
    Options

Killer: mad grit

Survivor: calm spirit(funny thing I never got a killer message from using its always survivor teammates calling me a coward despite me being the one doing all the gens without having to stop to scream)

• JoeyDonuts
    JoeyDonuts Member Posts: 96
    Options

I've been called a cheater a fair amount for running this + Inner Strength, (Quick and quiet + Head on as well) breaking line of sight and healing up. I always try to find a totem before anything else to have it on deck.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,164
    Options

Iron maiden on huntress

yes going from 3s to 1.5s reload time is indeed an "all meta" build team of 4 p100s, not like you could just throw on another slowdown to make up for the time loss anyway if not more because its effectively a QOL perk

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,672
    Options

Head-On

Calm Spirit (pre nerf)

Deja vu (pos buff)

Power Struggle

Overcome

the ones that I remember now

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

The way in which Franklin's on Hag makes survivors lose their mind even if they escape is crazy.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Easiest answer is NOED.

You get hateful messages even when you didn't have the chance to use it as you wiped out the entire team before the 5th gen popped. I don't take its use well, either.

I get hatred for Lightborn. It's fun when I equip it even if there is only one survivor having the flashlight. They always ask: "What value did you have with it?!" And I reply: "All that I could. The rest of the team all took firecrackers to the match or simply found them in chests."

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Franklins and Lightborn

It's actually been a while though which makes me sad. Some of the messages are pretty funny.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804
    Options

Iron Maiden.

I run it on Demogorgon to punish Survivors who try to dodge Shred while healthy by using a locker. Got a DC and some very unfriendly words thrown towards me in the post-game chat.

Deathbound.

Survivors died because of the Oblivous effect and I got called "used antique farm equipment" in the post-game chat which honestly I cant even be mad with it since Ive never heard an insult like it before.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    edited January 6
    Options

May not count, but the circumstances make the difference:

Infectious Fright.

Was in a match on the Game back in the days of BBQ stacks. I'd gotten 3 BBQ stacks and was actually in a position to get an easy win. The last survivor was a Meg I hadn't hooked yet who DC'd when I downed her, instantly ending the match.

Said Meg would go on to complain in endgame chat about how the combo of BBQ and Infectious made it impossible to hide.

Now here's where "the circumstances make the difference" comes in: I was playing Freddy. To be precise, I was playing Freddy with a Meme Build of Infectious, Distressing, BBQ, and Dark Devotion. BBQ was just the for the points (been using Monitor and Abuse since but want to try it with Ultimate Weapon)

I essentially loaded a killer whose whole thing was making Survivors Oblivious with Terror Radius perks (it's always hilarious to get Infectious to work), and Meg got salty because Infectious prevented her from immersing.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 821
    Options

No mither.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

I feel like it's a tie between the time I was called a cheater for using BBQ n Chili on Pyramid Head, or the time when Made For This was always being used and someone said I was being carried by bamboozle on my Sadako.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 264
    Options

I don't cuss people out in endgame chat but okay?

Interesting. I wonder what about controller specifically makes it tricky to deal with compared to M&K. Maybe I will try it someday to see, probably something about movement being less fluid?

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 406
    Options

Yeah but my point was that even when the killer could see my perks and I explained what Wake Up! does, they still accused me of hacking. It’s not my fault they’re a sore loser 😂

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,600
    Options

P100 TTV Blight, "All these sweaty tryhards with their sweaty crutch builds still can't win."

The sweaty crutch build in question (final perk is Autodidakt):

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Calm Spirit from someone that really didn't like being unable to blindly trust Ultimate Weapon. I got hooked first so they really wanted me to take the next 2 hooks too, but they just couldn't find me. This one went to full DC at 1 gen left before unleashing censor-dodging slurs levels of mad.

No Mither because I was hyper blessed and had the funny tenacity no mither fastest slug in the west build against a Twins.

Dark Devotion because the obsession really wanted to get chased, and obviously with DD you want to activate it then go spook someone instead.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    Options

Fire Up. People make fun of it even after they get 4k'd. And I tell them I'm fired up

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

I've gotten accussed multiple times of hacking for using Nurse's Calling and lunging around corners at people healing.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 872
    Options

Sole Survivor. I got accused of letting everyone die and being selfish cause I wanted to escape... Even though unhooked everyone (some more than once) and also had We'll Make It /Bite the Bullet equipped to make healing easier and make it harder for killers to find them straight off the hook.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

Left Behind (from the killer, in a 4 Escape game).

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,010
    edited January 6
    Options

My favorite is when i run a full endgame build like:

• Bloodwarden
    • No way out
    • NOED
    • Remember me

And then we don't get to endgame because i kill them all before we do and i get the "lol endgame build noob" or "noed scrub"

To which i point out that i basically played the game with 0 perks and they get even more salty.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,331
    Options

Honestly, Adrenaline. Mainly when the Killer managed to kill everyone before 5 Gens are done. Which means Adrenaline did nothing and I played with 3 Perks.

Latest example the Corrupt Intervention/PGTW/Thana/Dying Light Plague with Double Infection Time Add Ons. Obviously we did not complete the Gens, because they took ages at some point, and in Postgame she complained about me having Adrenaline (and Resilience).

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,222
    Options

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't talking directly to you, but to the spirit of who your comment was directed to.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,222
    edited January 7
    Options

Yes, I love doing that with The Pig. I jokingly call it my "Perkless Pig" build. Though I swap NOED for Terminus.