If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What is your dream chapter?

Options
Spirit_IsTheBest
Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 629
edited January 6 in General Discussions

I always wanted a chapter with Esther from the Orphan movies, to me it would make so much sense, though I'm not going to explain why it does, the twist in the 2009 film is disturbing and is the reason why I believe Esther should be a killer. (not spoiling what the twist is though!!)

For the ones that are unfamiliar with the films, here are the posters:

First one is the 2009 film, second is the one from 2022, both I highly recommend watching, their both great films in their own ways.

What is your dream chapter?

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,305
    Options

To answer the title, it'll always be The Evil Within for me.

we got very close when the creative director of EW designed skins for DbD, but now i don't know how likely it is.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    edited January 6
    Options

I already have mine:

Sadly, I am not really happy with the changes its contents has received throughout the years.

But its on-release version?

Well:

EDIT: And one day, my favorite killer will return to this game <3

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,179
    Options

Bloodborne, with The Shining as a close second.

Sadly, I don't think there is any chance we'd ever get either. Maybe The Shining, but my dream of Father Gascoigne as the killer will never come true.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    edited January 6
    Options

My two absolute favourite licenses have come out (Silent Hill and Alien), so I'm pleased to see those two in the mix.

If there was one chapter I'd absolutely love, it would be The Magnus Archives. It's a podcast, which would be something new. Also, the amount of options for Survivors and Killers are plentiful. Killers alone would have a variety of unique powers, from twisted pocket dimensions of non-sensical hallways, to making people unable to recognise each other, to sending waves of predatory maggots and many, many more. Even the lore from both could have some links.

Other than that, a few others would be The Evil Within, Haunting Ground, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Slumber Party Massacre 2, Pearl, M3gan and Alice Isn't Dead.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Chucky was ... So... Nothing left.

But i want to see Scooby Doo squad as survivors or skins.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 363
    Options

A chapter/paragraph that adds content from Manhunt would be amazing as it already has an obvious survivor to choose. While James Cash isn't so much helpless as he is deadly, him avoiding being spotted by his opponents is already his thing.

That said, the dream part of this would be having the Director, Lionel Starkweather, make a return and narrate the match as you play! Whether it's cheering your recklessness or heckling you for getting hit or hooked, it would amazing to have a narrator for matches. And so far the only thing close to that is Good-Guy and Naughty Bear.

The reason I mention "paragraph" is that there isn't too unique of a character to be a killer proper, so why not bring everyone as cosmetics/legendarys for various killers to wear!

(Would also be worth mentioning that the narrator idea even works in the case of adding Danny from Manhunt 2 as a legendary, as you'll instead be hearing Leo demand you to engage more with the killer, instead of Starkweather.)

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 629
    Options

Esther used many weapons like a gun, gasoline to destroy a treehouse, a pillow, a kitchen knife, a hammer, she also jumps out and attacks her victims (for an example her bully at the park).

I think different types of weapons can spawn around the map that give her different abilites, unique and different compared to each other and her "stealth" ability can be like hiding in lockers and gaining a sprint to attack when ready, she can press the ability button to run out at the survivor and hit them.

Her scars are a very sensitive part to her, in the end of the 2009 film we see her remove scar coverings, and she wipes her makeup off in the end "after twist is revealed", and goes fricking ballistic to the mother, and the little sister, I think an ability that charges up and allows her to do something like take off the coverings and become undetectable for quite a while (in the film she was quite stealthy in the end), and have something else but I'm not sure.

I'm not the best with coming up with chapters but having Esther in game would be amazing, especially with a power that suits her character.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 476
    Options

Yes! I would love to see Scooby Gang in dbd. If they were skins I am almost sure Meg would get the Daphne skin.

My other one would be a paragraph with the Legendary Sydney Presscot, Gale skin. Alien, Stranger Things and Saw were the ones I wanted in the game the most.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

BHVR delivered by including many of my favourite horror franchises. I only miss some more skins for Freddy (emphasis is on recognising Mr Englund).

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

It would have to be The Thing it has all the potential, great maps, greats survivors, one of the most iconic killers, along with lots of skin potential. And I am very big fan of the film.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,222
    Options

I want a second Stranger Things with Robin, including her Scoops Ahoy uniform to match her best friend Steve.

As far as fully new, this is and will always be my dream chapter:

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 320
    Options

Been wanting this since day 1:

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,615
    Options

Hannibal & Clarice from The Silence of The Lambs

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

Stranger Things 2 or a JoJo chapter.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

Deadly Premonition, featuring Francis York Morgan as the survivor, the Raincoat Killer as the killer, and the town of Greenvale as the map. Though the tough part is the Raincoat Killer doesn't really have a power to work with (all he does is swing an axe around), and Deadly Premonition is an extremely niche title, so it's unlikely to ever happen.

Alien was my other dream chapter but that didn't turn out so well. They could make an Aliens chapter and give me a Hadley's Hope map and one or two of the Colonial Marines as survivors, that'd make me happy.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

Supernatural chapter with Sam and Dean hopefully being voice acted by Jared and Jensen

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 554
    Options

Tools Of Torment II: The Heart Merchant

On a real note I think right now my only huge wish for a chapter is maybe Until Dawn

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,975
    edited January 7
    Options

Since I got mine, which was ringu, I'll say my friends

One wants IT

One wants Fnaf

One wants Outlast

If I had to pick another one I would want it would probably be The Crooked Man. Which isn't technically a license

• Donkeybqlls
    Donkeybqlls Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 72
    Options

I'd love a beast-like killer: a bear, werewolf, hellhound, ... Whatever'll growl at me and wants to tear me to shreds really

I'd even be happy with beast with Belle as the survivor counterpart ;)

• RamiSamii
    RamiSamii Member Posts: 173
    Options

Until Dawn for sure. Wendigo killer, with Sam and Mike as the survivors - the other characters being legendaries for each.

Other licenses I'd love after include Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, Fatal Frame, Insidious, and plenty more.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

Anything Cthulu inspired, or at least a dark sea horror.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 612
    edited January 7
    Options

Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Jurassic Park. My other dream chapter was Alien.

Out of the three, I think only Gremlins would be fully accepted by the fanbase. The other two are only really horror adjacent to most people (I think Jurassic Park is horror and I will die on that hill). Then again, we also got Nicolas Cage and that's pretty out of left field, so who knows?

I would be so, so happy if Gremlins made it into the game.

A second Evil Dead chapter with Evil Ash Williams would be awesome too. And I hope we get the real Freddie and Jason Voorhees one day too, but that probably goes without saying.

I think a few smaller Horror IPs might make for some cool skins. Purge masks for The Legion for example.

And Kazuo Kiriyama from Battle Royale would make for a sick Trickster skin. Swapping his knives out for an Uzi would work and he could have a unique Mori using a megaphone to amplify his victim's screams across the map. This is probably a bit too obscure a license to pursue though, to be honest.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Lim Dul from M:tG with some plainswalkers as survivors?

Something Godzilla related lol.

A classic Demon would be sweet. Big, red, fiery maybe. Not sure about survivor aspect on this one lol

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    edited January 7
    Options

We're still missing key cosmetics such as Scream robe and Buck 120 knife for Ghostface & Robert Englund Freddy Krueger or key IPs such as Friday the 13th & a few other IPs, however my dream chapter and honorable mention dream chapters are the following.

Dream Chapter

PHANTASM

-

Honorable mentions

PUMPKINHEAD

WISHMASTER

RE-ANIMATOR (Stuart Gordon adapation)

CANDYMAN

THE THING

PUPPET MASTER

JU-ON: THE CURSE/THE GRUDGE

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 807
    Options

I have an unusual one, because it's not a horror, but it did give people terrifying experiences in childhood.

Diablo, and to be exact, The Butcher.

Gameplay-wise, it would probably be something between Oni/Blight and Deathslinger.

Even if not as another chapter, it would work great as a skin too

• Harbinger1985
    Harbinger1985 Member Posts: 58
    Options

Well, DBD has Alien, Halloween and Ash. I also got Bill from Left 4 Dead. I know, but never saw or not familiar with the other classic franchises which already in the game. Still my ideas, hopes are Predator and Dutch, The Thing (with Kurtl Russel voicing MacReady), Dead Space, Alan Wake and Terminator. Maybe Doom, but I wonder the Doom Slayer will be a Killer or Survivor? :D

• MadameExotine
    MadameExotine Member Posts: 177
    Options

BEETLEJUICE,

BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE!

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,298
    Options

we got Alien.

though I do hope they revisit it, make Alien a little bit more fun to play as and give some more skins for Ellen. Possibly with Alien: Isolation stuff eg Amanda legendary. Could the androids work as a legendary for another original killer?

Also, give me Jonesy in the lobby even when I carry an item. Dammit.

as to other chapters/licenses. Too many. Until Dawn would be cool, especially with Sam. Give her an exhaustion perk where she can climb small ledges eg on the hills.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

I want until dawn just for the wendigo it would be amazing if we got a killer with a “don’t move” part of its power

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,232
    Options

There's a lot of licenses I want but ultimately I want The Thing in the game. The map, the obvious pick for the survivor MacReady and The Thing.

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 376
    Options

for me it is definitely tomb raider

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,298
    Options

Can’t really imagine it right now but it could be a really unique killer and i would love to see BHVRs take on it especially considering they must have good relations with supermassive games! (If only Sony wasn’t in the way…)

maybe even a pounce that borrows something from Singularity (jumping on the wall instead of these pods and then on a surv)

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,292
    Options

Jurrasic Park / Jurrasic World most probably. Lockwood estate or inside an exhibit with the Indoraptor as killer and Dr Malcolm as survivor.

• leon_help
    leon_help Member Posts: 8
    Options

i'd kill for an outlast chapter; i would like to see how bhvr might portray walrider or someone from trials.

one not many people would want though is a cod bo2 zombies chapter; panzer soldat with richtofen as the survivor - maybe legendary skins for the others.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

Essentially everything that I'd consider a dream chapter for me is already in the game. Although I'd say that I'd like to see a Dead Space paragraph. I recently got the game and have been playing through it and it's a lot of fun. Other than that, all my dream chapters are in the game already.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options
  • M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    Options

i want the legend not what we have now. wont ever happen tho sadly.