If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Killer Tier List on How Evil They Are

Options

Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

MFW Evil Incarnate isn't Pure Evil

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

How are Huntress and Oni less redeemable and than SM.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,305
    Options

Huntress having a child-like mind was a fan theory, due to her aggravated yells when hit with a pallet.

Dunno about Leatherface, tho.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,748
    edited January 7
    Options

I disagree about Michael being instinctive. The original Halloween spells out very clearly through Dr. Loomis that he's pure evil.

Michael knows what he's doing. And he enjoys doing it. He toys with his victims like the scene with ghost sheet Myers, and he loves to display his victims too;

That's not someone operating on instinct.

Post edited by Dwight_Fairfield on
  • tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 612
    Options

Wouldn't Wesker be in the pure evil category? I mean, the dude created a doomsday weapon.

I also think Myers has to be in the pure evil tier as well. There's not a shred of humanity left in the guy.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    Options

I'd move

• Mastermind, Shape & Dredge up to Pure Evil
    • Pig & Skull Merchant to Irredeemable
    • Onryo up in the middle between Bad, but Redeemable & Victim
  • CompleatBeet
    CompleatBeet Member Posts: 117
    Options

I think Huntress is too far gone to be redeemed, hence the Irredeemable placement. As for Bubba, he does awful things but out of fear, hence why I think he is redeemable.

I know Pinhead didn't willingly become a Cenobite, but I don't think he's gonna go back to being a human anytime soon. Also the whole sadomasochistic torture thing doesn't help his case.

I'd say Sadako is instinctive because if I'm correct she's just a projection of her former self, a supernatural being with a single minded need to kill those under her curse.

• CompleatBeet
    Options

That's a good point! I always interpreted Michael as someone that just kills out of an instinctive need to, but this totally makes sense.

• CompleatBeet
    Options

Wesker is bad, but the people in Pure Evil are actual sickos who enjoy causing pain and torture. I think Wesker genuinely thinks he's doing something necessary, hence why he's not Pure Evil.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options
  • CompleatBeet
    Options

I would not say Amanda is irredeemable going off of the Saw films. Jigsaw is the main reason why she is the way she is.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    edited January 8
    Options

Huntress is a weird one where she's incapable of being redeemed either but it's mainly due to her lack of moral agency since she has the mind of a 7-year-old. She genuinely thinks she's helping her 'daughters' but she has no idea what she's doing and incapable of understanding her wrongdoings. She's not a good person, nor is she redeemable, but she suffers from moral agency issues big time.

Wesker is a psychopath, Pure Evil easily. I don't have to talk about Myers either, he's literally described in the films to be evil incarnate, lacking something that all other human characters slightly have: humanity. I still think Freddy's more evil than Myers though (in fact, the most evil killer) because... squick... I don't even need to say why.

Dredge is made of evil, so it is incapable of being Pure Evil due to moral agency issues. In other words, it's nothing personal towards its victims; it's just doing its thing, so I agree with its placement. I would honestly move Singularity up to Pure Evil, he's a psychopathic AI who thinks he's better than the 'organic beings' and almost ridded of humanity if it weren't for the Entity taking him away. The crystal gave him a moral understanding of what's going on around him and he understands the concept of emotions, so that SOB is easily a tier up.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Isn't Spirit instinctive just as Onryo?

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    edited January 8
    Options

I would say she is irredeemable on the basis that she intentionally killed her victims by rigging their games to be unwinnable because she believed people couldn't change despite them going through Jigsaw's tests.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 527
    Options

Pinhead deserves his own tier in the very bottom. Cenobites are very altruistic beings who only want the best for those who contact them. They are somewhat misunderstood, as initially people don't realize that eternal torture is the best thing ever.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,168
    Options

Bubba belongs in the "Good Boy" category. Have you seen TCM 1? He was just defending his home.

• CompleatBeet
    Options

Pure Evil - Sadistic, enjoy causing pain and kill for their own amusement and pleasure

Irredeemable - For the most part have done awful things beyond redemption, but they have a reason for their misdeeds in their own mind, unlike the Pure Evil Killers, the Irredeemable Killers do not commit atrocities for fun or just because they can

Bad, but Redeemable - They've done bad things with little or no justification, but they still have some humanity or potential to be redeemed if they are freed from the Entity's influence

Victims - Tragic origins, a lot of these Killers weren't even killers in their past lives

Instinctive - Cannot be classed as "Evil" or "Good", they aren't human and act off of natural instinct

With Huntress, I can't place her in Pure Evil because she genuinely thinks she's doing a good thing by keeping the girls whose families she slaughtered, but she's gone too far to be redeemed and has one of the highest kill counts amongst the roster.

Sadako undeniably has a tragic origin, but at the same time she is a merciless and vengeful spirit, with no purpose other than to kill all those she's condemned with her curse. Hence the Instinctive placement.

Wesker's placement might be a bit of a hot take, but I wouldn't consider him Pure Evil. It seems he genuinely thinks he's doing something for the greater good by eradicating most of life, and placing him on the same level as Killers who take sick pleasure in torture and killing just doesn't seem right. Yes, he's a psycho and far beyond redemption, but I think Pure Evil is a strong term.

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 608
    Options

Is Singularity evil? I mean, is there actually sentience there or is it simply an AI-driven android that was corrupted by an unknown alien substance?

• CompleatBeet
    Options

It's difficult because I think Amanda is a very complex character and she has quite a lot of motivations for rigging her victims' trials. She has a strong emotional attachment to John and is heavily dependent on him as a father figure, and is threatened by the concept of someone else succeeding him or replacing her in John's eyes, hence her growing resentment and jealousy of Lynn in Saw 3.

Additionally, as you rightly said, Amanda holds the belief that her victims are incapable of changing, but I think this belief comes from herself. Despite besting Jigsaw's test, Amanda doesn't feel truly rehabilitated. She's no longer a drug addict, but she's turned to self harming as an alternative form of stress relief.

Overall, I think she's a victim of Jigsaw's manipulation. She's basically been gaslit into believing that Jigsaw's game has changed her, when it really hasn't and she is somewhat aware of this, yet she stays due to her emotional attachment and reliance on him. At the same time, she doesn't really show remorse for you know, committing murder, which is why she's not a victim. With a bit of therapy and free from John's influence, I think she has a solid shot at being redeemed.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options
  • CompleatBeet
    Options

I think Myers acts on natural instinct, it's heavily implied in the Halloween franchise (canon timeline) that there's something supernatural at work there. Michael Myers just kills with no apparent reason. It's just seemingly what he exists to do. Of course, that's just my interpretation of the character but @Dwight_Fairfield did share some good points in a post on this thread that favour him being evil and enjoying killing. I'm of the opinion that Myers is simply just the "embodiment of evil" and kills because it's what he exists to do. He's the boogeyman, he doesn't kill to fulfil his own twisted desires, he's a killer devoid of all emotion whose only purpose is to cause terror. I think that's why Loomis was never able to get through to him, he's not a man. He's just simply evil, and exists to kill. Hence why I think he's Instinctive like the other killers in that tier and not "Pure Evil".