When are the Devs gonna stop favoring killers?

SoteloSama
SoteloSama Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

Lately it seems that most survivor perks have been getting nerfed. The latest one , MFT. I get it , fine , nerf it , but then you keep UW with its 30sec "cooldown"? Come on. Make it longer? That it only activates after you get a hook? Only 1 person can scream? Doesnt work endgame to slug and find the last survivor? Like this is all simple stuff but nah. Its not OP right , instead lets nerf a perk thatll extend chases by a bit. If you dont agree that DBD favors killers youre obviously the one benefitting. I dont see any fairness when killers can block palettes and windows for long periods of time and survivors only get speed perks to only have them nerfed.

Answers

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,469

Id preffer to take blindness off of ultimate weapon than change the status effect like you say as it would make it more useless than it already is.

• kin
    kin Member Posts: 552

literally in the next major update...they will fulfill a few dreams of the survivors, in the next 6 months they will weaken the UW. JUST WAIT!

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

The weird thing about UW is it is pretty busted (turns out giving out the ability to other killers to be Doctor in addition to their base power isn't the best idea) but I feel like I rarely come across it that much and I struggle to figure out why.

It's free tracking that gets around Distortion that you can activate at any time while also comboing nicely with other perks like Sloppy, Thrill, and Dead Man's Switch. By all accounts the meta should be centered around it right now and it's not really instead killers that were already dumb (Nurse, Blight, Wesker) are now ever dumber but most other killers seem to be skipping over it? Like could you imagine if Cenobite was more popular and was always running UW to interrupt box solving? That ######### would be foul and we'd never hear the end about it on here.

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250

I hope they'll nerf the screaming part of UW and double on Blindness, so everyone would finally admit they hate the perk because it counters Windows of Opportunity

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675

We are literally on track to have nothing but killer nerfs these next coming months according to the road map. Yes some killers individually are getting buffed, but in terms of nerfs survivors are not getting any on this current road map.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

They nerf killers too but they're very slow, perks like STBFL should have been adjusted right after 6.1 update not in 2024, sloppy butcher right after healing nerfs, blight add ons years ago... they're doing it but very VERY slowly instead of quick number tweaks

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,750

Aura reading in general is much better than a screaming perk that warns survivors that they’ve been revealed, and the screaming reveal stays in one place instead of following the survivor like aura reading does.

Yes, Ultimate Weapon can counter Distortion, but what usually ends up happening with aura reading perks, is the killer will just tunnel out whichever people aren’t running Distortion.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited December 2023

Currently i dont see them favouring killers, since they are already in favour. It appears they want to stick with the 60% killrate philosphy. I dont like it, but so far it does not look they want to go much further then that.

And yes, MFT got a well deserved nerf, it was simply to powerful for my taste. Upcoming changes for Ultimate Weapon will be good for survivors.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 4,043

Just a small reminder that this works generally.

Look at dh.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
  • blackfox0408_fr_
    blackfox0408_fr_ Member Posts: 79

Whenever they'll have fixed every single map and made all the killer around the same strenght, then they will be able to balance.

But I need to tell you that being a killer is quite tiring, right now, at least (Im not saying it's not fun) and being fair is like 10 times harder and wherever you agree or not , and i can tell you that the survivors in my lobbies are all better since 6 months and im playing since 2018.

What i mean is that the skill level of the common survivors is getting much better at a quick rate, and i don't think it's gonna regress any time soon. Which means that the killer level required to keep up is getting higher as well, and if you are suprised that killers tunnel, from my experience it's because if i don't get 4 hooks before 2nd gen to pop, you litteraly will most likely lose if survivors don't screw up, and the unhooked survivor is a much easier target, so if Im losing, ain't no way iI'm not tunnelling asap. (Am i getting crazy and alone with this feeling that everybody is getting better apart from me ???)

• blackfox0408_fr_
    blackfox0408_fr_ Member Posts: 79
    edited December 2023

And for me UW will be nerfed to the ground anyway, so if you don't like that perk, play calm spirit.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited December 2023

probably because it so good to camp with it.

It's definitely easy to build up stacks by camping with it and denying unhooks. It one of the only reasons i still play pig so hopefully it not nerf to much.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,566

Devs don´t favor anyone imo.

They nerf and balance left and right because of all the constant complaints about everything.

The simple truth is - sometimes the other player is just better than you.

You can´t balance around that. Never.

There was a tournament (or fun trial - don´t know anymore) where everybody could bring the most op stuff available and it was pretty balanced game overall.

• GetEmLUNA
    GetEmLUNA Member Posts: 11
    edited January 9

Killers catch reworks and nerfs every other patch, Survivors get touched, but it's not usually anything to hinder them. They will nuke a Killer in a heartbeat if Survivors dont like something though.

Post edited by BoxGhost on
  • GetEmLUNA
    edited January 9

Camping is a double edged sword though, smh. Its risky. Why are Killers being punished for a mechanic that can screw them over if not done correctly?

• GetEmLUNA
    edited January 9

It makes it harder for Survivors to win, and we can't have that. Survivors must dictate every essence of the match.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    edited January 9

They just nerfed STBFL, 3genning, and capped regression events. If you're going to rage post at least be educated.

• jokere98
    jokere98 Member Posts: 587

funny enough, it won't work with Cenobite box, since survivor, while holding it, is oblivious

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

Anti 3 Gen Feature, Killers CAN only damage a Generator 8 Times that also makes alot Gen Perks weaker, StbfL nerf, Blight Addon Nerfs , nerfing the strongest playstyle of Sadako, New Survivor on a Mid Chapter where we didnt know the Perks yet, Ormond a Survivor Sided Map got even more better for Survivors

Yep the Devs cleary only favors Killers did we read the Same Patchnotes ? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Lurkzerker
    Lurkzerker Member Posts: 12

You forgot Shadowborn rework, Grim Embrace rework, Sadako rework is not a nerf it's a buff. Hillbilly buff. Recent Trickster main event buff which is a nightmare. The STBFL nerf is minuscule by comparison to survivor perk nerfs in recent patches.

The 3 gen regression limit is bonkers anyone can see that. All it will do is ensure tunneling is paramount or ensure some really really annoying gen blocking builds like Thrilling Temors, Dead Man's Switch and Grim Embrace with some delicious proxy camping from killers like Blight, Nurse, Bubba, and Huntress.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,549

So according to the OP (I figure that the person won't answer) there's the feeling of "why us"

Yes the game isn't well balanced but they are working at making it as balanced as it can be

So the point of UW is moot cause it's bound to be changed

And comparing UW to MFT doesn't make much sense either... but maybe comparing it to OoO would make more sense

So with all of these us V them posts they still fail to realize that things happen for a reason... and they can't change what they have planned cause we don't like something.... and we don't know what they have planned unless they tell us

Also complaining about perks that have nothing to do with each other is just wrong

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

honestly, successful. lol at this

I dont see any fairness when killers can block palettes and windows for long periods of time

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

Playing without windows is easy, not being able to see where your teammate is to unhook is the annoying part. Like C3Tooth says, basically.