3 gen question

Why is the Killer being punished when Survivors can just run away and not do gens when there are 2 Survivors left? That's an issue and its larger than folks like the admit.

For a game full of casual players, a lot them really care about things that affect win rates, smh.

Why can't we get a refund for Dead By Daylight? For those of us who are disappointed with the product, why can't we just get our money back?

Answers

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,168

Survivors cannot just hide and not do Gens. Sure, you cannot do anything in the specific game it is happening, but it is a bannable offense, because the Survivors are holding the game hostage by not progressing the gamestate.

Regarding to your other question - it is in the EULA. The Devs can change what they want.

• sharpef3rn
    sharpef3rn Member Posts: 111

So I am going to assume you are meaning hiding as if they are running ya know just chase them. The best solution for this if youre experiencing it alot are info perks, Spies from the shadows, Darkness revealed, Ultimate weapon and whispers are all perks that can help you find survivors without them doing anything. In addition whispers has no counter and is a base perk so perfect for casual players. If youre not wanting to use a different perk then its looking for them. I mean although a big part of the game is chasing I think people often forget that survivors stealthing and avoiding the killer is also viable. So looking for where they are hiding should help. But again if you are experiencing this alot bring whispers. You will know if they are within 32 m and can limit your tracking alot and it has both an auditory cue and visual (the perk will light up).

• GetEmLUNA
    GetEmLUNA Member Posts: 11
    edited January 9

Why should I let them have a chance at winning by chasing them to the dead side of the map? How does that make any sense?

They can simply attempt to do gens, and accept that they may lose. Its unfair for Killers to put themselves in a position to aid themselves, but when Survivors feel as though it's too much, they can hide.

You said use aura perks like perks dont exist to counter those said perks, which the issue. Ultimate Weapon is hit or miss in the situation I am describing, because it let Survivors know to keep moving. Some of the other involve getting a hit, hooking or kicking a gen. And if you do bring a lot of aura, you might not even make it to that point of the game because gens will get rushed immediately by good players.

• GetEmLUNA
    GetEmLUNA Member Posts: 11

I thought not attempting to do gens was ban worthy, because it halts the progress of the game. The same thing Killer is said to be doing leading to this nerf. When before in a DBD Dev video, some man and a woman who looks like Dwight spoke on how Killers can only hold up the game by body blocking Survivors so they can't move, which is not what 3 gen entail. So instead of just making it harder for Survivors to stall the game, I have to adapt and waste perk slots?

It's a 4 v 1, is it not? I have to outsmart 4 people, with 4 perk slots, 2 addons and a offering. Yet near the end of the game I have to chase because Survivors refuse to do gens. Even though Killers are being pushed now, for now chasing and being smart. Why should we have to chase around multi people when we can manipulate them into coming to us? You basically just told me to play better, yet Survivors, who have numbers on their side, can complain about 3 gens even if they never attempted to break it.

My issue isn't losing, its fairness. And this isnt really fair. In a 4 v 1, we have to outsmart 4 people, how are we supposed to do that when we get limited everytime we figure out a way to make going against 4 other humans to not be a chore?

Some Killers are becoming damn near unplayable. You pay for a character that it's pointless to use because the strat that made them not suck, is being reworked to make the side with 4 people, have a better experience.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,766

Why can't we get a refund for Dead By Daylight? For those of us who are disappointed with the product, why can't we just get our money back?

If you've played less than 2 hours on Steam, you can return it for a refund.

If you've played more than 2 hours, you've probably gotten your money's worth.

My issue isn't losing, its fairness. And this isnt really fair. In a 4 v 1, we have to outsmart 4 people, how are we supposed to do that when we get limited everytime we figure out a way to make going against 4 other humans to not be a chore?

You don't have to outsmart 4 people. Outside an uber level SWF, the fact that there are four different survivors causes them a ton of headaches. Being the stronger one against the uncoordinated 4 is a massive advantage.

Why should we have to chase around multi people when we can manipulate them into coming to us?

Neither side has presumption that it is their responsibility to initiate an action. If the killer is standing on a 3 gen and the survivors are looking at him waiting for him to move, both sides are allowed to stand there and wait. The killer will eventually win if everyone is willing to let it go the full hour.

Why should we have to chase around multi people when we can manipulate them into coming to us?

Are we in "chess merchant" territory?

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

If you want an in-game solution, you could always bring Whispers as it prevents that 'tactic' from working. It's one less perk slot for the match but if it's aggravating you, then might as well bring it.