Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

what would you change about maps (the item)

Years into the game they are the forgotten item sadly

Comments

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,723

I'd combine them with keys and give the new item greater variety in aura reading powers based on addons.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

It would be cool if they showed us a picture of the current map and its layout/floors. The addons could be used to reveal totem locations, generator spawns, etc.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

The addon that teammates able to see what you show should be basekit…Map and key are not fit in game current balance anymore without giving it a huge utility aid to teammates

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,851

Lower rarity; standard map = yellow rarity, rainbow map = green rarity. Additionally, they should be able to track everything by default (gens, totems, gates, hooks, hatch, etc.) and the only difference between them would be charges.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

Change maps and its add-on rarity. They shouldn't be so hard to find.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

Idea 1

Keys

• Should have bond perk in a bottle at least and better addons.
    • Open chest X% faster while holden a key.

Maps

• Maps should show all gens in map when used. Usefull for newer players not strong for more veteran players.
    • Brown/yellow addon that show close totems(8-12m?).
    • (With gens and totems new players can easily learn map layouts and spawns).
    • Basekit glass bead.
    • Also a purple addon that show gen progression when looking at them.

Idea 2

Combine both and show gens and aura of survivors, mix addons and stuff.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited January 9

I'd invert the funtionality, currently when you channel a map you see anything you've been near. I'd change it so channeling adds everything nearby to the map and anything added to the map has its aura revealed as long as you continue to hold the map

Both rarities of map can track all objects, addons which add the ability to track objects instead make a number of those items start already tracked. Pink map starts with a number of items tracked even with no addons where as green map does not

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

Map Addon that increases movement speed by 10% when not in chase.

Addon is called (and looks like) a Sharpie

Flavor text for it is:

"There's a settlement that needs your help, I'll mark it on your map." - P. G. 2015