Which license we have deserves another chapter?

Options

Question is on title.

For me: Silent Hill. Franchise still have so much potential, SH Room would make amazing chapter honestly.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    edited January 12
    Options

could argue it’s a continuation and not an actual second chapter but an actual full evil dead chapter 2 with a deadite killer and pablo and Kelly

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489
    Options

None. That just blocks entrances for good additions.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

left for dead, evil dead, scream, saw, they all deserve something, bhvr and the saw have a really strong conection, so having hoffman (or lawrence)as a killer and adam, lawrence, allison, eric or rigg as a survivor would be amazing

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Unfortunately, waay many ppl complain over much that’s map related;

However, I just cannot resist the craving I have for new realms, at least 2 per Chapter🥹

..and Badham certainly doesn’t count as a multi-map realm, as all 5 are repeating elements in Springwood.

Would LOVE a second Silent Hill realm to get lost in!

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

Honestly, I don't want anymore continuation chapters, I'd rather behaviour experiment with new licenses than having them retread old ground. There's plenty of amazing licenses that aren't in the game yet.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,540
    edited January 12
    Options

Out of all the franchises in the game, only Evil Dead, Alan Wake & Hellraiser would have something even remotely worth making an entire second dlc out of as Evil Dead has the Kandarian Demon, Alan Wake has Mr. Scratch & Hellraiser has Dr. Channard.

The rest of the franchises however, i don't think they're worth making a second dlc out of.

Halloween, Ring & ANOES all have their only important antagonist from their respective franchises in the game already, anything else would just be Survivor only chapters.

Every other Jigsaw apprentice from SAW, every remaining Xenomorph variant from Alien, the rest of Sawyer family members from TCM & Glen/Glenda from Child's Play/Chucky would work better as legendary skins than as their own killer.

Ghostface is unrelated to Scream so anything more for him would just be original stuff.

Vecna would be a waste of a killer slot imo & none of the other Silent Hill monsters or antagonists are memorable enough to me to care about having them as their own killers.

We already have a second Resident Evil dlc, a third one would be too much.

Nicolas Cage is just Nicolas Cage only, nothing more to find there.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,385
    Options

The only ones that I can really see having full chapter potential are Silent Hill, and maybe Stranger Things.

Many of the IP's that we already have kinda lack important characters to fill out an entire second chapter (that also isn't RE). They don't have a good fit the survivor slot, ie., Evil Dead would need to have a survivor that can stand on their own alongsides Ash Williams. And most movie IP's rely on having a hallmark slasher character. Halloween cannot produce a killer beyond Michael Myers, for example.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Evil Dead actually have survivors. Pablo and Kelly from show.

Even some people hate it, probably RE would make another chapter. Franchise still have enough material for that. I don't want it for now, maybe 2 - 3 years later?

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

I’d love to play as Pablo and have a Deadite killer. I’d like one of the powerful demons that were summoned as well.

Id also like a Nightmare on Elms Street mini-chapter. Give us the Original Freddy with voice lines, Nancy Thompson as the survivor and a reworked power that combines the best of Old Freddy’s kit with the new one and improved add-ons.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,319
    Options

Silent Hill, it's the only licence in DBD I really care about so I wouldn't mind another chapter. Harry Mason would make a cool survivor, and for killer... I dunno, Alessa I guess, though she's not technically evil. Maybe Walter?

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Walter Sullivan would make good killer and Harry is clearly good survivor pick. I mean Walter is known serial killer in franchise, he would fit well.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

Silent Hill 4: The Room would make a great second chapter for Silent Hill DLC. Walter Sullivan would make a great Killer and both Henry and Eileen would be fun Survivors. Walter to the very epitome of the type of Killer the Entity would want, considering his multitude of homicides and his religious fervour. This would absolutely work.

Other than that, there would be extensions for some other licenses. Scratch from Alan Wake is a possible Killer option, and The Evil Dead has quite a few options.

I'd also like more licenses brought in, but Silent Hill would be able to supply quite a strong chapter.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 534
    Options

While I wouldn't be against another silent hill chapter I don't particularly care for it.

Stranger things with hopper, Robin & Vecna is as nailed on as a certainty as your ever going to get if you ask me personally.

Probably the anniversary this year maybe around Halloween. After the last 2 years the anniversary really Probably should be licensed rather than let down.

Only resident evil i'd want is revelations & a the cruise ship as a map (I'm aware I might be the only one that would want that!)

Saw Probably deserves one but honestly outside of stranger things (because I want robin) I'd rather new things than more of the same or similar.

But I got chucky thats all I ever wanted so I don't begrudge anyone asking for or getting something they want too!

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

Silent Hill for sure. I started playing DBD when the SH chapter first released and remember really getting into the game and loving the chapter theme and music that played in the lobby.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,207
    Options

The problem is a lot of the licenses only have one good killer character and they're already in DbD, but they have potential for more survivors and more maps.

I'd love to see more maps added for Silent Hill, like Alchemilla Hospital or Lakeside Amusement Park. Harry or Henry could be survivors, though there is no killer really worth adding other than Pyramid Head, nothing else is iconic or popular enough. I think it's wasted potential that James was made a legendary skin, same for the Resident Evil characters; Chris and Claire should have been the survivors added in Project W but they were already skins by the time it was made, so it was too late.

I know it's still recent but I really hope to see an Aliens chapter added that adds the Hadley's Hope colony as a map with Cpl. Hicks or Pvt. Hudson as survivors, but we can't add another xenomorph as a killer, there's nothing to work with there that wouldn't come off as farfetched or reaching too hard.

Halloween, I'd love to see Dr. Loomis added as a survivor, but we can't add a second Michael Myers.

The chapter format of content updates is too strict for many properties to get additions easily.