If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Killers, how do you deal with these Survivors?

Options

I had two matches last night when one Survivor would constantly vault windows to distract me. That is literally all they do, just try to get you to chase them.

I couldn't catch Feng Min and lost because of it.

The David messed up in chase and I downed him and threw him in the basement where he killed himself in hook.

Should I engage with these people?

The constant explosion sounds really are so annoying.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

Ignore them

chances are the person won’t do gens trying that and the match is basically a 3v1 for you

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 214
    edited January 14
    Options

I ignore these survivors until they either 2nd to last or last alive. These are pro loopers who do nothing all day but play this game. They'll just waste their time following you around, thus not doing gens and hurting their team. Best thing for you to do is go after the weaker players who are doing gens, then when the pro looper is the only one left, you'll eventually be able to catch them (assuming you find hatch and close it first)

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 320
    Options

I’ve seen that before. Usually they’re ignored by the experienced killer, until the time is right, usually they’re caught later lol

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 680
    Options

That is 1 less survivor doing gens, so 100% ignore them and just chase another guy who could be doing gens instead and if it keeps up you get a free win.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 736
    Options
  • bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 204
    Options

I had a flashlight clicker following me around click click clicking in an effort to get me to chase them.

Sad thing for them was I was running lightborn so flashlight was useless to them but they clicked and clicked and clicked some more.

Waited around corner and got a lovely free hit sending them running.

Always ignore them.

Like the posts said before they are only hurting their team mates.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

If they are baiting, they are not doing gens. That's free slowdown, take it and don't chase them. Let them bait you harder.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Also, at least this kind stops being an annoyance sooner as even the shortest click means -1 sec usage. Remember the old days when it was just a split second and people could spam it for eternity?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,748
    Options

General rule is if a survivor deliberately wants your attention do not give it to them. They want to be chased because they're either very competent loopers or they're trying to distract you away from something.

Either way ignore them.

• MrDrMedicman
    MrDrMedicman Member Posts: 303
    Options

Nah, I run into a survivor asking for chase I ignore them. They'll keep trying all game, and will bring their team down doing it. If it's a full team doing it, then you might as well look up and jiggle your stick from time to time. It's not going to be a fun game, why even bother?

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

Just ignore em, if you don't pay attention to the obvious bait they'll eventually get bored and stop.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

Just ignore em, if you don't pay attention to the obvious bait they'll eventually get bored and stop.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,849
    Options

The above answers have mentioned the main way to deal with this. Also, this dkes have other benefits besides free slowdown: often those Survivors get frustrated and ultimately may come to find you, whereby they are more prone to make mistakes because they're annoyed.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,292
    Options

As the text at the bottom of the screen says "Survivors tend to run with a plan"

If survivors want you do something, don't.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,188
    Options

You should engage then if you are certain that you can.

Either because:

- you play to chase.

- you know that they are all bark and no bite.

- you play a really strong chase killer.

Otherwise your ears have to simple endure it.

Survivor spamming stuff is nothing that can be interrupted. It's annoying but you have to deal with it. As bad as it sounds.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,713
    Options

A survivor vault spamming for attention is a survivor not doing gens, rescues, or healing. That's a GREAT "problem" to have as a killer.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 264
    Options

As everyone else has said, ignoring them is always the move. I'm not sure when this was implemented, but there is actually a system that prevents spam vault notifications from being heard/displayed on your screen if you are far away enough from them. Maybe they could add something for more than 3 consecutive "fast" interactions with a pallet/window/locker as well.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368
    Options

Gonna upvote 'ignore 'em'.

As annoying as the constant notifications are, just think of it as metronome that is ticking off the seconds that they aren't doing something productive. Generally, if you ignore them, they will eventually try to find you. Ignore them harder (unless they screw up and give you a free hit/down). I find that most survivors who do this (or teabag for attention) end up getting way too aggressive when ignored and I get a down on the surv I was chasing and the attention hog. Even if you just get a free hit off of them, they will typically go pester their teammates to get healed so they can do it again, which gives you more slow down.

Sometimes, it will be a surv who wants to DC-by-Killer and then I just leave them slugged and go find someone else. I will even let their teammates get them up for 'free' at that point because I figure if someone is trying to throw the game, I can at least let their poor team get some extra points in.

*Unless, as radiant said, you are confident in downing them quickly. Also, still free slow down as someone will come to rescue them and they will probably hound their teammates for a heal.