Why you mained your current survivor?

Please only one character. If you are playing multiple survivors, pick your the most fav. And tell us your reason: Cosmetics, lore, material, looking, gameplay reasons etc.

Jill will be always my number one because i love Resident Evil franchise and she is my fav character in games. You know she will save the day because she is Jill ******* Valentine

Comments

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,843

It’s tough to choose a favorite but I primarily main Yoichi for his lore and cosmetics.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

Kate Denson. When I first started playing DbD, Curtain Call just dropped, and all of her perks sounded great to me, especially Windows. Now its just a sun cost fallacy, though two of my Survivors also now have all perks (Cheryl and Nick)

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,891

Dwight just resonated with me. He's nerdy and shy, something I can relate to. He's a bit of an underdog who found his inner strength when he entered the fog and actually rose up to leadership status among the survivors.

He also has a very realistic disposition. He's nervous. Any normal person thrust into this scary world full of terrifying killers hunting you down would be exactly the same. You'd be scared.

He's got some fantastic cosmetics. I love his voice. Plus his perks are all themed to help his team mates which is my type of play style. I run perks that support my team rather than myself. Bond is my all time favorite survivor perk.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,471

Yun-Jin because of MEOW

Dwight because he is close to my heart and has one of the best costumes variety

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,840

Nicolas Cage because he's Nicolas Cage, plus he's the only character with in-match voicelines.

However once Alan Wake releases, i'll be having a second main.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,962

Jake he has my favourite cosmetic aesthetic

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437

Yoichi: I like his yellow jacket, but with blood, otherwise you are a shining star on the map.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Ace because he is quiet and has some of the most goofy outfits.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,161

Nea...

I know a lot of people main Nea bc (insert YouTuber) got them into playing DBD, but I like Nea since I love punk stuff, and I feel like I can identify with them more since Im trans.

That being said, I also like other characters like Jeff since I enjoy making art but I dont play them as much as Nea since I dont really identify with their body type.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 335

Yun-Jin because her grunts & screams are funny and cute, and because there aren’t many P100 Yuns out there. She’s my girl no matter what.

I wish she got more love when it comes to cosmetics.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,283

Because he's hot.

(This goes for David, Felix AND Vittorio, so it doesn't matter who I pick for my main!)

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,555

Ace. He is special. He is beautiful. He is strong. He is smart. He is an abomination.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

Gabriel is my #1 main. And I plan to never change and mean it. The Sci-fi genre when it comes to dystopian future is my obsession. My favorite book is A Brave New World. Movies, shows involving it, a must see for me. The icing of on the cake is that gabriel, although he doesnt have a confirmed race dating back to our own as he just a "Proxima Centaurian", he's a POC in my eyes like me. And he's not so bad to look at either.

Yes. I am one of those that dont have a problem with his collection of skin choices, as I favor space suits anyways. But i do hope one day, they diversify his skins soon. I know its very difficult to do based on his genre, but im hopeful they'll find a way.

• aaronjason003
    aaronjason003 Member Posts: 6

Meg because when I first started I thought she was 𝗳𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 than all other survivors because her description says "An energetic athlete, 𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗻 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗞𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿𝘀."

So I thought that meant she was faster.

I also like the fact that she also has red hair.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Zarina is adorable ^_^

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,291
    edited January 15

Because Claudette is the best.

All who say otherwise are delulu.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,407

Zarina is my main. I can't really remember why I chose to main her tbh. I think back when I started playing I didn't really see her in my lobbies that often, so decided to just play her myself. Since the OTR buff I see her alot more frequently.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Nea’s the first Survivor I ever played back in early 2018

we’re besties☺️ our styles vibe🥳

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 613

I just played Dwight at first because he was the default, so I just stuck with him. His lore made me wish I could be his friend, too. And then they did the texture rework on him, and he became a lot more attractive. So I kept playing him some more. And the more I played him, the more I grew attached to him. I can't wait to get all the other Survivors to P9 so I can start getting Dwight to P100. But they're not making it easy when they keep releasing new Survivors...

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 378

2016-2018, On-Off: Nea

Played a ton of Nea during old-school DBD because I love the punk anarchist vibes from her and she was also the main of a few of my favorite streamers like No0b3. Since 2018 I’ve been playing her often but not as much as I used to.

2019-2021: Claudette

Idk, something about Claudette, I wanted a support Survivor build and Claudette fit that criteria.

2021-Now: Jill/Sheva (Female) Leon/Chris (Male)

Resident Evil characters are badass, and Jill and Sheva are my two favorite RE characters next to Wesker, Chris and Leon.

• ChucksterMainin
    ChucksterMainin Member Posts: 38

Thalita she has a nice juicy butt but i cant play her because she is p100(Serial Dodgers)

in turn i cant boost her play numbers so she will be one of the last to get cosmetics T_T

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,452

Claudette is a perfect, flawless character.

She is beautiful, has a short but very interesting lore, her starting perks are pretty helpful (though Self-Care could use a buff), Blendette is (was?) a thing, and her "TEAMSXY Gear" is an amazing cosmetic piece.

What more could I possibly want? She is not just a survivor, she is THE survivor.

This <3

• Coz
    Coz Member Posts: 67

Massive L4D fan. Bill was a no brainier for me :)

• SAF3TYRA1LS
    SAF3TYRA1LS Member Posts: 178

Nea (hear me out), when I first started playing dbd in 2018 the whole running leaves scratch marks mechanic really bothered 9 year old me, thus the reason I was terrified of running and whenever I saw someone running, so obviously urban evasion was a no brainier of why I should play Nea, but after I already prestige her I decided to keep playing her because I grew in touch with her personality and aesthetic, so yeah, one perk is now the reason I mostly play one survivor (besides vittorio)

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

I will 100% admit that I am the the type of person to always looks for characters that look like me in any video game I play, Jake is the closest character in the game currently who looks like me, so I ended up making him my main survivor

Now he's currently my only P100 and I have no regrets about it

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 841

I don't know if this is a strange reason, but I main Meg Thomas because I like the way she sounds when she's injured. I dunno, her voice acting in general sounds kinda cute to me.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 803

Silent hill is love

silent hill is life

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 555

Meg because when I got the game there was only Meg, Claudette, Feng, Nea & laurie on the female side (was always gonna play a girl didn't consider any of the males for a second)

Of those girls Meg is the only one i'd actually date in real life (though nea in certain cosmetics later on Kate & Yui would get consideration)

So Meg it was & I have absolute loyalty in my charcters (of all games) so i'd never not main Meg now we've been through over 10,000 hours together!

Only Emma Roberts & her entire scream queens cosmetics could prise Meg from me now (theres absolute Loyalty then there's Emma Roberts 🤷🏻‍♂️)

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

Claire because she has been my favorite since I was a kid, her pony tail is so cool and the day we get her classic outfit I can die happy.

I've cosplayed all her outfits and people come up to me and say I look like her at school (idk I guess?)

Anyway she's awesome, I was sad she was not her own character.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 628

Rebecca, her nature is geared toward how I'd like to play but I have to use Ada in these times.

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 333

i play pretty much everyone but i think my favorite is james just bc i'm him

• WhoSoup
    WhoSoup Member Posts: 172

Haddie is strong and powerful

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,270
    edited January 15

I have become a Quentin main because my high prestiges (Leon & Felix) resulted in way too many killers dodging the lobby. While dodging because of high prestiges isn't (or shouldn't be, given that enough time has passed that pretty much anyone who isn't pretty new at the game will have one character at a high, or semi-high prestige) really a thing anymore - or isn't as bad as before, at least - Quentin seems to have stuck. I still usually play him.

Why Quentin out of all the below-20-P at that time (more or less a year ago)? Since he has no cosmetics and not a reputation of being played by cracked players he seemed among the least threatening.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Quentin will always be my number one to go to for the sake of nightmare on elm Street.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I mained Claudette for a long time. But people's bias toward that character made me move to maining Tapp. I can be doing gens, healing and offhooking for an entire match as Claudette and get accused of "just hiding the whole match". I will get this from people that I have more points than, and maybe helped during the match. This does not happen with Tapp although I run the same perk build and pretty much use the same play style. It is weird.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 303

Ace because of all the surv I've played against all the aces were cheeky bastards and I do means always, so for me who is also a cheeky bastard it just fits.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Because of her ABSolute..

• Vulcan7471
    Vulcan7471 Member Posts: 40

Played when there were only the OG 4 and Dwight looked like a normal average joe who wasn't ready for this kinda stuff so I picked him

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Fang Min... she was the first Survivor I played as

And she's a gamer

• Kaethela
    Kaethela Member Posts: 348

Yun-Jin because that antler headband is extremely powerful and I like her backstory a lot.

• FilthyLegionRevival
    FilthyLegionRevival Member Posts: 313

Ngl I used Jonathan Byers a lot because his voice is so REAL. It was neat that I had him while he was limited but I started missing him when I was on killer. No one had him so I rarely faced him. Now that he's back, I'm happy. This also serves as a message to those gatekeeping exclusivity on regular cosmetics. If you're reading this and align with that thought process, screw you.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,484

It changes… if I had to pick one it would be Yui because she’s just so cool.

Other past favorites are Nea because of her story. Meg because her mean little face always makes me laugh.

But once Alan Wake comes out it’s for sure going to be him. Overall though I like all the characters.