Steam players, have you seen cross-players with legacy cosmetics?

Options

I play DBD thru steam and have been seeing (though still rare) some players with legacy prestige cosmetics, which wouldn't be a big deal but they have all been cross-platform. IIRC the first bloodweb update was around november-ish of 2016 and I believe dbd wasn't on anything outside of steam until the 1st anniversary, unless it was on the windows store.

Anyways I am just asking to see if this is a common occurrence and maybe a telltale sign for hackers or something.

Best Answer

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,251
    edited January 17 Answer ✓
    Options

I thought DBD was only on Steam when Legacy became a thing? I'm pretty sure legacy shouldn't be shown on Cross Play for anyone if you are on steam?

Cross progression is a thing now? If it's possible to transfer over cosmetics to another platform then I guess it could be a thing but I've never seen it. The only legacy cosmetics I've seen in a while are two players - one being a Nurse and one being a Jake player. Both from steam though.

Given the replies though I guess it is actually possible to transfer over cosmetics from Steam to Epic so out of curiosity I'm going to do some research now.

Edit - Looks like it's as simple as making a BHVR account and signing into both steam and epic on it to sync accounts. So it seems it is possible to sync progression / cosmetics between the two platforms. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I just looked it up and found two guides on how to do it. Unsure how accurate it is but at least it makes it clear to me legacy could possibly exist on an epic account normally so I'm not going to falsely report anyone for cheating.

Answers

• Vulcan7471
    Vulcan7471 Member Posts: 39
    Options

posted this in "ask the community" section but I don't think many check there often and I was looking to hear from yall

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

Should be possible with cross-progression, not 100% sure.

Besides that the rule of thumb is wearing just 1 piece might be legit, full legacy are 90% cheated.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,277
    Options

Well, if you are a Steam player them we DO have cross-progression with Epic, just not consoles yet (out of BHVR's control) so that could be the case with cross-progression having Legacy.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,119
    Options

I would error on the side they are cheating. Not many Legacy players play anymore and they wouldn't go as far to sign up a bhvr account, install DBD on Epic, and play there instead of Steam.