If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

I miss old dbd...

Options

New dbd is great don't get me wrong but old dbd was so much more fun, it was the reason I started playing and fell in love with the game I miss old hex ruin, old ds, I miss the old atmosphere but most importantly I miss how people used to play.

And I played both killer and survivor 50/50 and never really thought the game was bad for either side just really laggy but it was worth it.

And I know the dev team is trying their hardest to make the game fun for everyone but right now the game is to killer sided and before you come for me I still play both 50/50.

Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    edited January 20
    Options

I really miss the DBD I loved. The atmosphere, perks, powers and, more than anything else, my beloved Old Freddy.

That was the DBD I want to play.

Post edited by GeneralV on
  • bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 204
    Options

I miss the old friendship you could have with survivors. Pretending to serve drinks in the saloon and survivors queuing up to get a drink.

Now if you try that you get t-bags and flashlights.

Toxic behaviour has taken a good game and flushed it down the toilet.

• GeneralV
    Options

Fortnite did the "OG season"... why can't DBD do it too?

Depending on how they do it, this would be awesome!

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

now that you mention this, i havent seen something lile this in at least 2 years :/

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

same, i notice i play at most 3 matches a day and then i'm just like "nah, not worth it any longer" and switch to literally anything else. it got so bad it made me return to league of legends, which i quit about 2.5 years ago...

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

I still really miss old movement wish they would’ve ended up making animations a client sided thing if you prefer either or

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    edited January 20
    Options

There's nothing from old dbd that i miss as it was all worse in every aspect, i say good riddance to it all and hope none of it ever returns.

Can't wait for them to get rid of the last remnants of old dbd still remaining in the game.

Post edited by Smoe on
  • xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited January 20
    Options

As @GeneralV already said, there were things that had to be changed, but they went to far with other stuff. Not everything was perfect by any means. But if you ask me, 2018-2020 was still the best years this game ever had. I would gladly take that version instead of what we have now. If they change just a few of the BS things like Insta Heal or Mori, it would have been close to perfect.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,226
    Options

but they went to far with other stuff

Can you give some examples?

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,023
    Options

Having those OP things made the game more interesting in certain aspects though, games didn't last as long and you could switch killers in lobby to deal with a squad you know is gonna give you a problem. Both sides had some OP things that needed changed but there were alot of things that nobody asked for that got changed along with it that was overall unhealthy for the game and created alot of the problems were seeing now with gen times and regression, the devs can't make their mind up and keep trying to tweak it thinking it's still a good idea but at some point you have to say trying the same solution over and over again and expecting a different outcome is insanity, it was a bad idea to create stalemate scenarios over gens instead of just creating entirely new objectives that coincide with generators or escaping in general and be something different to take that time up

• humanbeing1704
    Options

Also object of obession worked through pigs crouch and wraiths cloak before undetectable was added

• GeneralV
    Options
  • Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,760
    Options

Eh ive started playing around the end of 2019 and I will say depending on "old" dbd I will not go back to those days unless it's for billy. Every iteration of the game has had some very annoying perk combos but back then it was even worse with the old maps.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Ugh old DBD. I certainly don't miss the days of being stuck on a generator with someone who keeps the gen from ever progressing with ruin, or trying to play killer when EVERY player had extra health states in the first chase because EVERYONE had DS.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,049
    Options

I think you should specify "days of tapping against the original ruin" because the days of general gen tapping only "ended" one or two weeks ago 😁

• CammyChameleon
    CammyChameleon Member Posts: 203
    edited January 21
    Options

This game is def not killer sided...

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,189
    edited January 21
    Options

Now more gamemodes are confirmed, maybe one day we'll get one with old graphics and animations.

I doubt it, but would be nice. Could be done as an event, mabye.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,451
    Options

I do miss some things but mostly it's more that you get bored playing same game year after year. Most things about the game is better today.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,322
    edited January 21
    Options

Ah the good old days where DS was free escape (for X years) for everyone and was picked by like 3 people every game for your first pick up after you win a chase, not evening hooking Lmao.

Good old days where Killers could insta mori you, tunnel much faster with no protections and 0 clue on what Survivors in soloQ are doing with no icons.

Great days where we had much less new perks and killers to play with and less maps to play on.

Days where med-kits would insta heal you and brand new parts insta repair gens. Where Bubba was awfull before his rework, etc. Where maps and Killers, perks unbalance was much greater, where keys were free escape with 0 counters, with old BT to rush for hooks and free escape, etc.

I don't think I have to continue, you got my point.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    edited January 21
    Options

Don't forget

• Hatch standoffs
    • Old prestige that removed everything you had saved
    • Old Spirit's phasing sound being directionless so that people were forced to play the guessing game
    • Old Deathslinger's ADS speed that was used in chase to create lose lose situations for the Survivor
    • Original depips having no checkpoints and could undo all the ranks you've already reached
    • Original ranks rewarding up to a max of 250K only
    • Every QOL features and changes that people have been asking for a long time that didn't exist yet back then such as bots, loadout preset, standard video game options along with more accessability options and so many more
    • Pallet Vacuum
    • Old Dead Hard
    • Older versions of maps such as Red Forest ones that were way bigger in size than they are now
    • Locker flashlight stun
    • Lightburn's general existence
    • Bloodpoint limit being set to 1 mil max
    • The killswitch feature not existing
    Post edited by Smoe on
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,849
    Options

I miss the aesthetics of the older maps and some of the more unpredictable chaos, but not a great deal else. What's made it more problematic isn't the older version of the game, but the attitude of the playerbase in general.

There are many decent people out there pkaying this, but it's become a game whereby being a twat, insulting others and generally streaming like a toxic prick has become increasingly more common, and that's really sad to see. Not to say it hasn't happened in the past, but it's more prominent nowadays.

I feel the gold standard was from around Ghost Face and Stranger Things to Silent Hill. That era was good, but before that it was worse and compared to now the game feels a lot better compared to then. At least for me personally.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 310
    Options

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug

• GeneralV
    Options

I feel the gold standard was from around Ghost Face and Stranger Things to Silent Hill. That era was good, but before that it was worse and compared to now the game feels a lot better compared to then. At least for me personally.

I would agree, if Freddy's rework wasn't in the middle of that. It is no secret how I feel about that patch.

But with exception of Freddy's rework and Léry's visual change, 2019 - early 2020 DBD was fire! I would be 100% willing to go further back, but that was a good time to play this game.

• BubMickey07
    BubMickey07 Member Posts: 253
    Options

THIS!!!!

When stranger things chapter came out hell even when oni came out was the best time of the game everything after that until I would say chuckys release has been boring\bad

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

DBD being as old as it is, your "old" DBD is probably not old to some of us. Besides, the past is typically viewed through rose tinted glasses.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    Options

Man, nostalgia is one hell of a drug, lol.

The atmosphere was way better, but other than that, "old" DBD was comprehensively worse the further back you go.

People have fond memories because 6+ years ago it was novel. But it was an absolute mess in comparison to what it is now, and that's saying something.

• OwlWithMustache
    OwlWithMustache Member Posts: 57
    Options

Not even a little. The game has only gotten better of the years, sure old dbd is nostalgic, but objectively worse than current dbd

• humanbeing1704
    Options

I will admit biasedly I have nostalgia for overpowered things

Like doing the last Gen in the killers face with ds

having it activate last second

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,639
    Options

Anyone who says they miss "old DBD" probably doesn't actually miss old DBD. What they really miss is the fresh experience of DBD. For someone who just started DBD, the next couple months will represent the golden age of DBD to them. No matter how good a game is, it will eventually lose its luster.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228
    Options

Aesthetics of the game was much better than now. Creepy sounds, dark and foggy maps, old animations, character designs felt like a true horror game. Nowadays it feels so dull and out of place.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 360
    Options

The game was generally better balanced for the regular public match. As it stands, playing Killer is generally a snoozefest right now. It's far too easy to win 8/10 games, provided you're running a solid build on a character that's good. The only challenges I get are from SWF, and half the time, they'll throw the game for altruism, or if you're on a killer they dislike.