The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

why is nurse broken on console?

i have played her up to p3 level 50 on ps4 and p2 on another account. i love playing as her but she seems very inconsistent. many games, i generally seem to miss hits by 3 feet or so. far less, at other times, she is spot on. i have played all killers but she never has clicked for me. anyone else?

Comments

• pungent_stench
    pungent_stench Member Posts: 131

i can accurately land at gens with great consistency.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Sensitivity and FPS is the main issue to answer your title

and yes hitboxes with her are wack

• pungent_stench

is there any hope of this getting better?

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Nurse is an extremely precise killer. Using a controller and playing nurse is pretty cancerous. IIRC the devs have a huge revamp of the Nurse coming and i believe its because of console players.

I play on PC and use a controller as a survivor but kb/m as a killer because killers require a metric ton more precision than survivors. I tried playing killer with a controller and it made me want to just go sit in a corner and wait the game out lol

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited March 2019

The Nurse has a built in inaccuracy to her blinks. Even some addons state that they decrease the accuracy. You can try it out yourself by using the Plaid Fannel add-on. It shows you the landing area of the blink. You will see that you wont always land exactly where you supposed to do. My personal estimate is something like 2-ish metres to the left and right, without any other add-ons. So yes, even if you blink perfectly, you can land slightly off to your target.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

What hoodedfengm1n said.... the fps and sensitivity issues on console are what hinder the nurse.... and it's quite unfortunate because if what projecteulogy stated is true then us console plebs will never get too witness the true power the nurse has to offer

• pungent_stench

it's too bad. i have put mass time into getting better with her but it has become apparent through gameplay and confirmed here that such an option isn't available. thanks, all.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Controller sensitivity isn't high enough.

Bad FPS.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

Idk I have a friend on console that players nurse. He can end chases in 10 seconds flat using blinks.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Try mouse and keyboard.

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269

Frame rates

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I cant recommend playing nurse on controller, I tried it on PC once for the lulz and yikes.....

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747

Exactly what everyone has been saying, sensitivity is too low even at 100%. It doesnt matter how accurate your blink is, they can move faster than you can rotate the camera.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

It’s possible to be good at nurse on console. Awhile back, I played against this REALLY GOOD nurse on console, I was honestly mesmerized by this guy. He played so smoothly and well with her, on top of that, we were playing on the doctors map.

I tried to message him to compliment him on his nurse but he had his messages off, sadly.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2019

@Eveline Mouse and keyboard isn’t compatible with DBD on console. You would have to buy this expensive USB around $60-$100 to format it.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

That is absurd. Surely you can make the necessary adjustments on a computer.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It is possible to play nurse like a almost god on console, I’ve encountered a few really good ones. She is much harder to learn in console because of fps.

• Do you remember their name by any chance? It'd be nice to ask for tips since I don't stomach her much anymore.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited March 2019

FPS, yes.

Controller sensitivity. no.

If you turn it up to 100 then you should have no problem catching survivors that try to 360 the blink. I play on 85 and I can beat that very easily. People that say sensitivity is a problem for killers on console I feel just suck with a control stick. No other way to say it. It's not hard at all to look around and track squirrelly survivors with a control stick on higher sensitivities.

FPS is the only real problem for the Nurse, because when you blink the screen can freeze and THAT messes you up big time. It might seem like a controller issue, but no it's purely the FPS. This affects all killers, but really REALLY hurts the Nurse. Like I get frame drops when I swing sometimes as like Pig or Freddy and miss just because of bad FPS. If I had a consistent 60 FPS with no hitching I would probably never miss a swing. Literally FPS drops are the only time I miss. With Nurse those frame drops happen way more often and thus it's a lot easier to whiff.

• Eveline
    edited March 2019

Why not 100?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited March 2019

I just got to 85 and felt it was more than enough. I can counter 360's and all other kinds of jukes just fine. Maybe I'll up it again someday, but for now 85 works.

I generally never play the absolute highest sensitivity on shooters either. Usually 80-90%. Gears of War I play 25-25-20 where the highest is 30, but you really don't NEED it to be that high. You just need look to be over 20 so you can wallbounce quickly, and your look and aim should be the same to avoid this weird slow down effect when you pop shot.

• Eveline

I switched up from default to 100 and instantly got used to it. Probably because I played overwatch on highest too.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited March 2019

This is why I blink short.

I let them make their move after they hear me blink.

• If they run left or right, I use the lunge to hit them.
    • If they double-back, free hit without lunge.
    • If they continue forward, either follow-up with a short blink, or accept the fatigue and line up the next attempt.

That said, survivors looping tightly around objects are a pain as it requires blinking precisely on top of them and whipping the camera around quickly, which cannot be done on console. Plus, there's a 50% chance that you turn the wrong direction.