Next Licensed chapter should be Alien

pemberley
pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Xenomorph! Xenomorph! Ripley! Ripley! Nostromo map! Nostromo map!

That would be so cool and so terrifying.

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

What would be the explanation for the Entity bringing a Xenomorph into its realm, though? All the Killers are humans/former humans that have somehow been warped into killers. Bringing in a Xenomorph would be like bringing in a bear.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Aliens can climb walls. That would be an interesting mechanic.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I don't feel it would be fitting for the DbD realm, sorry.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I don't think there will be any aliens, werewolves, vampires or mummies guys.

It just looks so out of place. Those guys don't give me slasher killer vibes and I am pretty sure that the devs will not go with that route. We'll see if I am gonna eat my own words.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited March 2019

@Delfador I mean, The Plagues kinda mummy-ish if you think about it.

• BlowHard74728
    BlowHard74728 Member Posts: 60

I believe they may mean she has more of an Egyptian feel to her such as a mummy would.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited March 2019

Wasn't there curses about plagues against travellers that disturb the tomb of Pharaohs or something?

Well the new map isn't just a temple, there's also a coffin underground. I'm not saying she's 100% influenced from the Mummy myth but there are some elements in there.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited March 2019

She's from Sumeria, the first civilization. Pharaohs didn't come into being until some 1500 years later.

EDIT: Also, the plagues were more like curses.

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204

Alien should not hook people, It should trap them as the movie

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Are you taking the lore that serious? I personally couldn't care less about what the entity takes, as long as the experience with the new killer, perks and map is fun

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

I love the alien but this guy would fit better.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

It really would be out of place. I don't give a damn about lore either, but those short backstories of killers do breathe some life into them. Easier to identify with them that way (Clown, Trapper!)

I wonder what a xenomorf's backstory could be. Raised by a single mother, been bullied in a hive as a kid, living on the street since the age of 16?

• TAG
    edited March 2019

The devs do, which is what I'm going by. After all, they are the ones who crafted the lore to begin with, and the fact that recent characters have had more in-depth backstories compared to early characters would indicate that they do care about the lore.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I want to have Trager or Chris walker for a licensed killer, but I am fine with this

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

While I'm sure we'd all agree Pumpkinhead would be the best addition ever, this isn't a game about movie villains. Any licensed characters we get are neat bonuses, and we should consider ourselves lucky we have them.

We could consider ourselves even luckier if we had Pumpkinhead...

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited March 2019

As an fan of the Alien and Predator franchises, I would love this and a Predator chapter so much.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

It sounds to me like the Entity cares very little for the well being of its captives and just wants to be entertained. Bringing in a Xenomorph would be highly entertaining. And Xenomorphs are presumably a lot more smarter than bears, I would even go so far to say they can outmatch humans.

• TAG
    edited March 2019

The Entity deliberately brings in crazed or evil killers as well as people pushed to desparation or rage/insanity, not just animals running on instinct (even if some people have lost their humanity enough to basically become feral killers).

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

There are a lot of reasons this should never happen.

1.) It doesn't fit in with the theme of the rest of the game.

2.) Alien can run up walls and ceilings. If this was allowed it would lead to endless glitches and imbalances. If it wasn't part of it's kit then it wouldn't really be alien.

3.) Alien can run like 35 miles per hour. If this was allowed it would lead to endless glitches and imbalances. If it wasn't part of it's kit then it wouldn't really be alien.

4.) When the survivors kill the alien, it's blood would melt the map.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited March 2019

I mean we already have killers that can phase through things, and zoom across the map with a chainsaw, slide over pallets. What’s a wall climber at this point.

and I’m not being sarcastic, I’m being dead serious.

• Orion

I was pretty sure the OP was joking. I know I was. There's no way this is gonna make it into the game.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

Idk if op was joking or not. I knew you were being funny(even though secretly I’d love that). I most certainly would buy the dlc. You’re right though probably no way it would.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004

I don't agree with the "out of place" argument. If the chapter was done well, it could easily fit into the game's atmosphere, which is already very expansive.

DBD already embraces a lot of different horror tropes, I don't see how Sci-Fi horror and Alien would be too jarring a step. In fact, it would be a very great way to keep the game feeling fresh and take it to new places. It could truly be something special.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

It would certainly break the killer tradition of being a human, or human once upon a time.

• Keros
    Keros Member Posts: 33

You know how terrifying it would be to see an alien chase you 😂 especially if it went on all fours. I highly doubt they ever would but still

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

The devs did say the entity can pull in from any place any time. Alien wouldn't break the lore at all.

I would imagine Alien to be the slowest but have a charge attack aswell as spitting acid to injure and make the survivors bleed a lot. Able to charge through pallets and insta break them. Stuns maybe hurt you a lot.

• TAG

The thing is that the Entity only makes Killers out of people who have been pushed past the point of no return in one way or another. A Xenomorph just does what it does because that's just how its species rolls.

Plus, why would a Xenomorph put something on a meat hook?

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

what about an Alien that swims, the map is 30% in water and the killer can move super fast through it. cant really move on land very fast and hides under the water, the gens are by the water, you there fixing away and BAM NOM NOM NOM NOM

• Orion
  • AshleyWB

@TAG Why does the alien put survivors on hook?

They've been impregnated with a baby alien. Timer similar to hook timer except no escape from hook by yourself.

The hook is used to pin the survivor up so they can have the facehugger burst out and slow down other survivors to give more resustance later in the game.

Alien might start really weak but as each survivor dies the face hugger minions force survivors to avoid both encounters as best as possible.

Facehuggers patrol nearby areas where the corresponding survivor died. They jump onto the survivor once found and force a struggle which consists of multiple skill checks which temporarily disable the facehugger once completed.

Missing a skillcheck gives off a notification to the killer. Missing also results in acid being spat onto you making your trail be sensed by alien. (Like bloodhound but yellow acid color)

Alien would be a good addition.

• AshleyWB

Also entity might be like, we've searched everywhere for a killing machine, let's see how they cope with this.

• TAG
    edited March 2019

Xenomorphs can already cocoon people without the need of a hook. It wouldn't make sense for a Xenomorph to need to hook people.

• Orion

Xenomorphs also obey their queen without question, and we already know the Entity is capable of shapeshifting. It wouldn't take much to pretend to be a queen to which it'd have to obey.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

I mean... Alien isn't my top pick for a new licensed killer, but to be fair, my topics are VERY obscure. So I'd be ok with it.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I'd love a Xenomorph, but let's be real... Alien: Isolation's instant-kill depiction is pretty accurate, and it's hard to justify them in any way for Dead by Daylight. You also have to factor in their unusual vision, ability to climb anything and everything, and use their tails for fatal attacks from a short distance.

• TAG

This seems like a pretty big stretch to making the Xenomorphs do something like that. Plus, I could be mistaken, but I don't believe we've ever seen the Entity take the form of a living thing (I don't believe the Crows are actually the Entity taking the form of Crows, and I know Maurice the horse is actually a real horse that belongs to the Clown).

It also still doesn't address why the Entity would bother bringing in a random Xenomorph into its domain.

• Orion

I don't see why that seems like a stretch. The queen in Aliens was able to tell them to back off when they could've killed Ripley - and they really wanted to kill her. Also, a Xenomorph is a "perfect" creature, literally designed to kill. I don't see why She wouldn't bring one in.

• TAG
    edited March 2019

Because it seems very odd that a Xenomorph would somehow be compelled to use a considerably less convenient method of trapping people. What stops them from getting suspicious, especially when the Entity is known to not be able to perfectly replicate things?

And that's just it: a Xenomorph is a creature. The Entity don't play dat. It corrupts people into madness, despair, etc. and then lures them into the Entity's realm from there to make them into its Killers because the Entity feeds off that. There's nothing to corrupt from the Xenomorph because everything it does is just survival instinct. They do what they do to survive, reproduce, and serve their queen. They're basically bees.

• AshleyWB

I want an Alien Chapter. I've recently watched all the movies (excluding alien Vs Predator) I think meshing Alien lore with dbd lore would be a great mix.

Evil android killer and Xenomorph killer

Ellen Ripley survivor with all her outfits.

Having an Android like Michael fastbender whatever he's called is the closest thing we can get to a humanoid killer. Acts like a person but the company is who he works for, or maybe he's gone rogue and has his own agenda. No spoilers.

• AshleyWB

Entity could be an experiment carried out by the company (Wayland yutani) when you are killed you feed the entity until it's too big and cannot be contained in the underground labs (with prison from Alien3) anymore. The entity begins to sprout and infect a parasite into the game which causes an alien infection to take place. Claudette while scavenging for botanical supplies becomes infected and gives birth to a Xenomorph 😮.

It's true to the Alien story and would be a it would be out of this world to have something so juicy in dbd.

• Scal3r
    Scal3r Member Posts: 188

Alien doesnt really fit in dbd

• AshleyWB

The Xenomorph isn't a creation of the entity. The corrupted android is and the growth of the entity directly results in a parasitic growth into the game causing Claudette to become infected thus the birth of the Xenomorph in question. You have been warned.

• AshleyWB

I've seen the movies. It fits perfectly.

• AshleyWB

It does.

The entity can take from any place any time.

Technically a Xenomorph is half humanoid as Claudette gives birth to it.