How do we Feel About the Upcoming Balance Changes?

Options

This set of balance changes should be arriving with the next PTB, if I'm not mistaken, the main highlight being the nerf to Sloppy Butcher and the Mangled status in general. According to one of the Reddit AMAs that we had recently the Killer changes specified won't be anything big like what we got for Hillbilly or Onryo recently, probably minor changes to their add-ons/power. What are your predictions for how these things are going to get changed and what would you like to see? Do you think Mangled/Sloppy needs to be nerfed?

Hopefully we get some buffs to Pig's stealth and ambush, and fixes to Huntress' abysmal hitboxes. Not really sure what to expect for the other four Killers though.

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Do all those killers have mangled add ons? Maybe they cha ge change those lol

But seriously, after recent reworks I am more wary than excited about any announced changed, especially to the killers which imo dont need any.

And the fact that singularity was removed from the roadmap is still pissing me off, ngl

• Bartolomeo87
    Bartolomeo87 Member Posts: 35
    Options

Going to be interested to see what they do with Demo!

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,615
    Options

Pig and Clown have one, and Huntress has two. The others don't.

• CompleatBeet
    CompleatBeet Member Posts: 117
    Options

Agreed, I think he's a fairly balanced and well loved Killer as is.

• CompleatBeet
    Options

Pig and Huntress definitely have mangled add-ons, not sure about the rest. Hopefully their changes are a bit more interesting than that, though!

I think the Billy rework was perfect and everyone seems to love it so far, can't say the same for the recent Onryo, Trickster, or Merchant reworks though. It feels like they have the right ideas, but just execute these changes terribly.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,332
    Options

I wasn't aware it was ever a timed status effect, was this before the Onryo release?

That sounds reasonable tbh, was it changed before to combat healing speeds at the time?

• CompleatBeet
    Options

Tbh that's a great change, 60 seconds might be a sweet spot in my opinion but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hemorrhage and Mangled shouldn't be able to be active at the same time in my opinion. Slower heals AND the fact healing progress is lost when the action is interrupted? Just feels absurd to me.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,615
    Options

It was changed in the mid-chapter following the Twins release.

Prior to that, certain addons had timed Mangled effects. Sloppy Butcher was never on a timer though.

Until they changed it, Vigil also affected Mangled but they removed it since there was no use for it anymore. There is one timed Mangled effect in the game right now (Dredge's Tilling Blade addon) which Vigil does not affect.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,332
    Options

I've been in this game for a few years now and it amazes me when I'm still learning niche things like this. Thanks for the info!

• Zenislev
    Zenislev Member Posts: 152
    Options

I can't wait to see them gut another killer tool, because survivors just don't have it easy enough. I'm sure all those killers on that list will come out just fine too. Remember that time the devs said that billy was fine and that they liked his current state, and then they added the overheat mechanic just because? I remember that. I expect a long list of nerfs to everyone on that list.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    Options

Difficult to say without actually seeing the changes.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

pig POV

patiently waiting for the dash to be buff.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,227
    Options

It's mildly annoying to see Mangled/Sloppy nerfed for no reason when they're very easy to counter, but cest la vie. Things change, hopefully it won't be too bad.

As for the killers- I'm holding out for some specific changes, personally.

Doctor getting partial Discipline addon basekit, and Clown getting partial Smelly Inner Soles basekit. Those two could benefit a lot from changes like that.

For Pig, ideally we'd see some buffs to her stealth and a slight change to her boxes to prevent screams resetting progress. I don't think anything about the traps themselves needs changing at this point, she's in a pretty good spot there.

No clue for the others, though.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    edited February 4
    Options

Is Mangled that big of an issue that needs to be addressed? I'll admit the slower healing speeds are annoying to go against, but it's not too slow either. Plus, it only works on M1 attacks. Sloppy Butcher is also one of the only good general killer perks (and also the only general slowdown perk) meaning that if the perk gets butchered then there goes another good perk for beginners. I wouldn't mind if it got Hemorrhage removed from it, but I think the perma Mangled until fully healed is fine. Also, nerfing Mangled would also nerf my favorite (yet balanced) Scourge Hook perk, Gift of Pain.

I do hope my main Clown gets himself an extra bottle base-kit, and slightly faster reload movement speed. Maybe Black Heart base-kit for Demo because shred attacks could be more rewarding considering that STBFL has been nerfed.

Post edited by glitchboi on
  • Selfpreservated
    Selfpreservated Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 62
    Options

i can see her gettin a "rework" that just makes her worse than how she was

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 761
    edited February 4
    Options

If mangled is going to have a timed status can we bring back mangled status effect to vigil? I’m loving this perk lately and I’m not removing it from my build

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 309
    Options

Demogorgon and doctor have no mangled addon's have any kind of mangled addon, so they're definitely getting something else. Hopefully buffs for at least doctor.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,794
    Options

I wish doctor got exhaustion put onto iridescent king again

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,266
    edited February 5
    Options

It's funny to see Mangled with Sloppy on a roadmap and don't see Botany, WWMI, Desperate Measures and CoH on a list. I run Botany in 80% of my games and i don't even notice that Sloppy exists. Absolutely mind blowing decision for me touching this status effect. Especially with such an awful decision as timer.

Killer's perk variety like ten times less than survivor's, but let's send another few perks and bunch of addons in the trash.

There is so many things could be changed and became useful instead, but seems like devs hate when killer brings something except 4 gen slowdowns in the match.

Post edited by fussy on
  • Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I just wish Freddy was on that list.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

We pretty much have confirmation that Mangled will return to its original iteration of being tied to timers, rather than lasting until the survivor is fully healed.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

Glad to see mangled and sloppy on the list, hopefully haemorrhage is also getting changed. A status effect shouldn’t be able to last an entire match after just one proc. Even if it’s time, it still could be considered delaying a heal which should incentives chase not hit and run.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,621
    Options

"There is so many things could be changed and became useful instead, but seems like devs hate when killer brings something except 4 slowdowns in the match."

Mangled not Slowdown confirmed.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,130
    edited February 5
    Options

no that is wrong, feb 20 PTB is new killer chapter. I don't know if there is survivor included. The road map PTB is in March-April and I would imagine that it feature extensive changes similar to Billy and Onryo changes on listed killers. Those mangled and killer changes are in like 2 months time. If I had to take guess on dates, it would be something like March 20 -> 3 weeks released on April 10-12.

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 146
    Options

Mangled nerf is stupid, but the rest is good/fine.

I personally doubt all of these are happening next patch though since it's a new chapter release, most of these will probably occur in the next midchapter in April.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Thats hemorrhage's effect on solidarity, and resurgence throw in reactive healing for good measure not mangled

pig should not have synergy with perks that cause screaming to cheese kills with party hats, doesn't mean she shouldn't get a buff with it but seriously its just plain silly

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,128
    Options

Even if they intend to nerf mangled, do you believe that it will end up that way?

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I really hope they don't nerf sloppy hard. Living in Japan EVERY SINGLE SURVIVOR has self care and sloppy is one of the best stalling tools because they self care EVERY injury.

Almost certainly Pig's gonna get a nerf like "screaming no longer interrupts searching a Jigsaw box," or "Jigsaw box search progress is kept if interrupted" which is fine.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,912
    Options

They said during the anniversary that this upcoming chapter is both killer and survivor

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,130
    edited February 5
    Options

yes. I am explaining that road-map is end of march-beginning april. The upcoming PTB is feb 20 showcasing the new killer and new survivor. As with all PTB, they get released 2-3 weeks after, so expect the killer to be released beginning of march 1-5 on live. OP post is thinking this PTB is changing Doctor, Demo, Huntress, Hag, Clown alongside mangled. that PTB will be way later.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Just a reminder that the overheat mechanic was announced/hinted at as minor tweaks.

I'm sure im not the only one with bleak expectations forse the adjustments.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,912
    Options

No, I understand that. You just said you weren't sure if there was a survivor included and I was just letting you know there was

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,621
    Options

I think in your scenario Self Care is the bigger Stalling Tool.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 519
    Options

It seems like the ways in which lower tier killers can somehow put pressure on the survivors before the gen is completed, or how to end the chase as quickly as possible, are being nerfed one after another.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

When they have self care and botany knowledge on more than half of survivors, the only perk that reliably slows healing is Sloppy Butcher.

Of course, I'm guessing the nerf comes because their stats show that nobody uses junk perks like whatever rubbish Skull Merchant had that slows healing by basically nothing for almost no time at all until you've reached like 10 hooks.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    edited February 5
    Options

I'm slightly worried about Huntress because she doesn't really need any changes. Maybe some of her addons but she is in a pretty good spot.

For Doctor it doesn't take much. Make the Moldy Electrode base kit and he's fine. He could use a bit more addon variety though. He doesn't really need 4 addons in 3 different rarities and the Order addons were still countered by WoO last time I checked.

I'm curious about what they'll do with Clown. I would give him one more bottle in his base kit, rework the Pinky Finger and be done with. More than that will only make him even more of a nightmare to play against than he already is.

Hag is a pretty difficult case. I really don't know what to do with her.

Demogorgon could have some better addons and maybe a slightly higher range on his shred. 1 extra portal would be nice as well.

Pig could use a little bit of help in chase. Her crouching speed shouldn't be that slow.

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 405
    Options

From my understanding they're adding a timer to either Sloppy Butcher or just the Mangled status effect in general which I can say would be reasonable if they were to at least make some sort of compensation for this because they've been lacking in that department lately I've noticed.

As for Huntress they likely aren't gonna be trying to change/rework the hitboxes of her hatchets since they tried that back in 2018 and immediately had to undo the hitbox changes only a month later due to the abysmal reception the change got from it causing the mass majority of hits to be impossible to land and they've stayed that way since. Also be careful of what you ask for because smaller hitboxes on projectiles in games like DBD results in the projectiles being able to hit you over and through more objects which can remove potential counterplays.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 456
    Options

Sloppy doesn't need a nerf. Maybe if they made bad killer perks like fire up, Huntress Lullaby and Dragon's Grip more viable we'd see less sloppy butcher and STBFL.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 451
    Options

All these killer reworks this year will be buffs and that's awesome.

Let's not pretend it's otherwise.

• Jangles
    Jangles Member Posts: 377
    Options

Like the reason mangled was introduced with the heal fall off was because with COH and a green medkit you could self heal in chase in about 8 seconds. You cant do that anymore so it doesn't need to be as strong anymore.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,227
    Options

That's Haemorrhage, not Mangled.

Haemorrhage would actually make sense to be on this roadmap, but for some reason they're looking at Mangled instead.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I hope pig gets good changes because she feels awful to play.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

I suspect it’s because it is a very good Solo Q stomper, also might be because no one seems to run healing perks.