What are the odds for a second Nightmare on Elm street chapter?

Options

If Resident Evil can get a second chapter then surely one of the most iconic horror movies of all time can as well?

It would be great to get Nancy as a new survivor, maybe a complete rework for Freddy and most of all, new cosmetics that turn him into OG Freddy, maybe even with voice lines from Robert Englund

come on BHVR you can do it!

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,252
    Options

It is extremely unlikely.

ANOES is difficult to work with. If I am not mistaken the license is split between a studio and whoever got the original rights from Wes Craven.

The fact that we have Freddy is already impressive.

• matt23leo99
    matt23leo99 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

I would love og Freddy with a complete rework and Nancy Thompson. She's my favorite final girl from any horror movie. I hated the remake Freddy.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,099
    Options

One can dream (see what I did there), but it's unlikely. From what I understand, the license is very difficult to work with.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,801
    Options

We did not even get a single cosmetic for the existing Nightmare on Elm Street-Chapter. The chances of getting a second chapter are basically 0.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,252
    Options

That is true.

It is a very difficult license to work with, but I am extremely grateful we have it. I wouldn't have bought this game if Freddy wasn't here.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,755
    edited February 6
    Options

Only chance that's ever happening is if Warner Bros sell off the IP to another company, although if we someday do get a second chapter, perhaps we can finally get the real Freddy as a skin so we're not stuck with Fredberg Kroger.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 289
    Options

I'm sure is extremely unlikely since it's the remake one and it only has one movie.

Unless they added the original one and...yeah 😩

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 312
    Options

If they made Freddy based off the likeness of Robert Englund and he voiced the killer too, giving him added voice lines - I would only play as him. I'm probably more likely to win the lottery than get that. Sigh.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,133
    Options

RE made sense b/c they have a lot of different monsters/enemies in that storyline..& we are still missing Mr. X.

NoES can't do it b/c there is only 1 big bad & he's already been released. Hope the rework comes sooner & doesn't take another few years.

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 153
    Options

OG freddy and the remake freddy have a different companies with the rights, more or less another Jason situation :(