If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Lights Out Mode

Options
baharuto48
baharuto48 Member Posts: 75
edited February 8 in General Discussions

This mode is really letting the killer players that are good show off just how good they are. No scratch marks and no perks? Some Killers players just have to tunnel as fast as they can or they are not going to get a single kill. But some players are like wizards. I went up against a pyramid head that was amazing during this lights out mode and probably a terror during regular gameplay.

And then I went up against the trapper player that just tunnels me out as fast as he could and that's good for him, a little embarrassing when put up next to the really good killer players, but tunneling hey man if you got to do it you got to do it.

I posted this while I was waiting for the match to end. He tunnelled everybody.

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,805
    edited February 8
    Options

When I played as Survivor, I havent had too much tunneling, but Ive seen a lot of camping. Killers are having a really hard time tracking which results in them feeling as if they have nowhere to go.

I personally dont mind tunneling since it's at least engaging but camping is kind of boring for me, they kind of just sit there and do nothing, people can play how they want, just not something I like to go against.

Ive been trying my best to avoid camping and tunneling as Killer myself but Ive still gotten a lot of hateful comments from people in the post-game chat. :(

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    edited February 8
    Options

This mode needs Pyramid Head's Cage of Attonement treatment for hooks.

Once a survivor has been hooked, teleport them to a different hook somewhere else on the map. Prevent the killer from seeing the hook's aura so they just can't go and camp the new hook or get a head start on tunneling (they have to wait for the unhook noise notification to know where to go and then make their way over if they want to tunnel)

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

No scratch marks? Been playing for 7 years and half of that time scratch marks didn't work. Lucky audio is working this week.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,984
    Options

You sure it's not just people using killers with tracking abilities? Legion's Frenzy still gives away survivor positions for example.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

I had two quite obvious ones - a Bubba and a Doctor. The Doctor didn't use his shock therapy or static blast at all, which was another red flag because Lights Out mode seems like the best time to use it. Feels like they either both forgot they can't hide behind BBQ&C in this mode, or they didn't care.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I played a match against Legion and immediately thought this killer is broken in this mode. Kinda surprised to see several complaints about him already.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,753
    Options

It makes absolutely no sense that you can’t hear Legion’s TR but their killer instinct still works.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 360
    Options

About the Legion, the way he is in the mode is the only way they could make him work in Lights Out.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246
    Options

Having completed the Lights Out Tome, I can say that it was super fun. 

Survivors are whining, but what else is new?

I played survivor most of the event, and yeah, it was killer sided, but the challenge was fun, and 150% BP was nice.

I also noticed that while "Killer Sided" it wasn't just a free win for most of the killers, the lack of information perks meant that if a survivor got a stun off, (especially on bloody floor maps like Gg) they were in Narnia.

I won just as many games as I lost as survivor and it was so refreshing and different. I hope the devs tweak it a bit and keep it around! Especially if they start doing rotating "Special Modes."

• North85
    North85 Member Posts: 90
    Options

Like someone else said, this mode would be perfect if killers were forced to use Cage of Torment instead of conventional hooking. Hook camping makes this ez mode. Personally I like the vibe of this mode, but hook camping ruins it.