What are some future game modes you’re looking forward to now??

Options

So I’m happy new game modes are starting. I, also, don’t mind a mix of more complicated modes vs simpler ones like lights out.

I’m most excited for Zombie Tag as I think it has the most engagement for both sides. But I also would be excited for a perk randomiser mode too for a smaller scale mode.

what are some things you guys are looking forward to?

Comments

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 403
    Options

Copulation in DBD? 🥴

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

prop hunt will be the side mode I always play

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,671
    Options

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Great minds daydream alike 👍

My only request is that the Killers cannot be duplicates. Two of any Killer in the same trial would feel fake, unnatural and not scary.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

Saying KWF phonetically sounds too much like another word and you know it's gonna get called that.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,127
    edited February 9
    Options

Anything they add is a waste of resources if they don''t properly test it for balance first. Is it worth potentially months of development if everyone is sick of it after a day? This was the case for lights out. We absolutely can not have another release like that. I am open to anything IF it is at least somewhat balanced.

• Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 203
    Options

I love the random perks rift challenges. I intentionally fail just so I can do them in another game.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

Yeah, I agree completely. We would also need to avoid extremely small maps like Dead Dawg Saloon.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,744
    Options

The mode when survivors and the killer gotta work together in 5v5. So they can all suffer together instead blaming one side.😃😃😃

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

Watch BHVR release this mode without warning, on April Fools Day.

• CountOfTheFog
    edited February 9
    Options

Maybe not...I have been sitting here looking at it and saying it for a few minutes and I literally have no idea what you think it sounds like 🤔

Perhaps that's for the best?

Seriously, I'm clueless as to what it sounds like.

Edit: It just hit me 😆

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,946
    edited February 9
    Options

I finally realized what word it sounded like. It's so over please make 2v8 killer side solo queue only because I never want to hear that again god save our souls if kill with friends becomes a thing

• saym
    saym Member Posts: 82
    Options

Ranked mode for about 2 weeks.

・No SWF, just solo queue.

・It takes time, but matches players with similar ratings.

・Show rate rankings for each killer, and show rate rankings to survivors.

・BHVR will be looking more closely at Ranker players' game files to ensure they are not hackers.

In other words, I want casual mode and ranked mode.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,386
    Options

Complete different mode, PvE.

Survivors: defend in team against ‚killer‘ bots - eg zombies or some other generic ones like vampires or skeletons etc. everyone gets a different item (eg flashlight for blinding, baseball bat for direct defense, a healer with Medkit). Some bigger mobs that need coordination.

Killers: possibly something similar also in a team, but need to down/hook plenty of survivor bots? Am not creative enough to find something more worthwhile/intriguing here.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

I am very excited about the possibility of that 5v5 gamemode they were talking about. I just hope it stays around for way, way longer than 1 week if they put it in.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,045
    Options

I’ve been wanting two modes though I don’t know how viable it would be for this game.

First I want a “Floor is Lava” with a custom map that has hills and structures that all players can climb on in order to escape the killer and the slowly rising lava. Only one survivor can win and survivors can blind each other with flashlights.

Second one is a custom Ormond map with the ground covered in ice. If you want too fast for too long you’ll slip and slide and possibly get flung across the map. This goes for both roles. Walking will improve traction. They’d have to give all killers a walk animation and give PC players a way to walk like Console players can.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,870
    edited February 9
    Options

Random perks, but no add-ons or offerings.

VIP: No perks/add-ons/offerings. Killer has to kill the obsession, non-obsession survivors have infinite hook states, but being hooked as the obsession ends the game. Stunning the killer with a pallet or flashlight makes you the obsession. Other survivors need to protect the obsession as long as possible.

Last survivor: Everyone starts with one hook state (get hooked once = you're out) No exit gates, instead powering a generator unlocks a special chest with an item that grants you a hook state while held. Final survivor automatically escapes.

I'm not actually keen on 2v8. I think it sounds ridiculous to balance, would probably be limited to the original 3 killers only, and would exclude all last gen console players.

Post edited by Seraphor on
  • Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 328
    Options

A story mode..

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited February 9
    Options

My most wanted:

Random perks, random map, random killer - all from a specfiic random version of the game. Maybe you get 2023 DBD, maybe you get 2017, you never know until it starts. That would be awesome.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options
  • North85
    North85 Member Posts: 106
    Options

I look forward to the absurd chaos that 2v8 will bring.