8 months since nicolas cage, yes, almost 1 year, how do you feel about it?

Options
RFSa09
RFSa09 Member Posts: 606

title

Comments

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,054
    Options

I feel older than I already did. Thanks 👹

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,147
    Options

Nic Cage was a fun novelty that should not be repeated. His perks are amusing but kinda suck.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

I think he was a good addition to the game. He did great with the voice acting, and his perks are very unique when compared to some of the others.

And thanks to him I took a hell of a good screenshot. Because I managed to mori one on Springwood.

Therefore I literally recreated Jesse's death from the movie, if Jesse was played by a different actor:

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

I never see Cage's anymore.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,342
    Options

Great perks, good addition to survivors perks roaster.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 456
    edited February 14
    Options

I was sceptical when he was first announced but i'm glad i was wrong. Definitely the best standalone survivor in my opinion and the reason why Alan Wake is so disappointing for me in contrast.

His design and voice acting is great, and the perks are the right mix between goofy fun and viable with a high skill ceiling on top.

Now i wish they change Plot Twist to not reveal the aura to other survivors and make them unable to heal you and it'd be pretty much perfect.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 661
    Options

Hard disagree on the perk bit. His perks are unironically great.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,140
    Options

8 months is as much "almost 1 year" as 4 feet is "almost 6 feet".

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,879
    Options

He is an absolute breath of fresh air and much needed uniqueness to this game. His perks are insanely silly, yet also pretty useful (I still remember the early days of using Plot Twist to duck a Wesker attack and him hurtling over a vault!), he did a tremendous job with his voice lines and it was just so much fun!

I'd really like to see more like this. Chucky's Two Can Play perk is probably the closest we have gotten to that quality of fun perk. Basically, his inclusion was superb and even now he's just so enjoyable.

• AzshFayd
    AzshFayd Member Posts: 37
    Options

He's the best survivor we've gotten in years + all 3 of his perks are solid AND fun

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,500
    Options

I'm 50/50 on him.

On one hand, i like his implementation overall along with his perks, he along with Alan Wake are my two mains.

On the other hand, i don't like his inclusion because of the precedent it sets going forward, now people have an excuse to use and a justification when arguing for the inclusion of other real life people or internet personalities to be added like Youtube Content Creators, Vtubers or Fog Whispers.

Personally i would have preferred if we had gotten Nic Cage as one of his movie characters instead, same extends to any other real life actors they add to the game.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,631
    Options

Reminds me that I haven't played him in awhile. Need to dust him off.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Love him. I just wish I had the option to toggle his voice on when playing other Survivors or Killer.

• Ghostofsnow
    Ghostofsnow Member Posts: 159
    Options

just hold the sprint button and other players cant heal you. i used the aura of my body sometimes to show other players where an exit gate is and slow endgame clapse

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 158
    Options

Man time flies.

Honestly the perks feel very fun and unique. I love running Dramaturgy and I know some people run Plot Twist. Nicholas Cage is a pretty common survivor so I'm assuming people like playing him.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,620
    Options

It’s been 8 months?? Sheesh seems like he came out 3 months ago.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

The voice lines are fantastic. His perks are fun but not meta by any means, so I personally don't think he's worth buying. But hey, I love Cage IRL, so it's cool to see him be part of DBD.

• Horrorcomicnerd
    Horrorcomicnerd Member Posts: 51
    edited February 15
    Options

He is my main. Playing as Nicolas Cage himself complete with amazing voice lines and good perks makes the game so much more fun. Although I do wish they were allowed to make skins from his movies, I would love to play as Ghost Rider. I hope he gets more skins, especially ones without a beard and also a young Nicky Cage skin.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 644
    edited February 16
    Options

Perfect

Funny voice lines, funny perks, absurdly funny inclusion. I would love more ridiculous nonsense like him. Put in H. Jon Benjamin as both Sterling Archer and Bob Belcher! Machine Gun Kelly! Roman Reigns! Penn & Teller!

I’m not joking, I would love more stuff like this and would happily pony up my America funbux for them.