Cheaters, a sad truth

Options
RipperX
RipperX Member Posts: 31
edited February 23 in General Discussions

So i just had a game with FOUR cheaters, teleporting in front of me, insta wiggle off from the killer, insta healing

I dc because there's no reason to play with those people, i just said "i'm going to report all of you" but sadly they said the truth "Report does nothing"

You know what, i'm tired to play at this game with those people and see no action taken at all, not even an hardware ban, nothing at all. In the end i have a 5 minute DC ban because i refuse to play with such scumbag and they get nothing, they move to ruin another game

EU servers are full of those people and BHVR does nothing at all to stop them, that's so so so sad

I took a break few months ago and i guess i'm going to unistall the game now because i see no reason to keep playing

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190
    Options

Well the problem is multi-faceted, it's not just that "reports do nothing". They do ban people, it just takes a long time. But a bigger issue than this is the ease of obtaining a new account. Many hackers have dozens of accounts waiting to be used that were obtained when DBD was free for a period of time, on the epic games store I believe. Another issue is, from what I heard from a hack developer themself, is that BHVR is very slow and easy to beat in the cheat vs anticheat arms race.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Cheaters are a real plague. I don't play them too often, but when they tend to wrack and ruin the game pretty hard. AFAIK you need some solid evidence of cheating for BHRV to bust them, which normally would entail video footage. Due to the way DBD was programmed it seems to be impossible to implement an intern match review system, which is sad, but we won't change anything by complainting ^_-

But at least the report system works if the other side harasses you. I hope I am not breaking any rules with this, if so, dear mods, it wasn't meant in mean spirit, but just educational and maybe uplifting. During one of my last games I had a pretty tough match, they nearly got 3 man out, but then altruism killed the cat and some clever gameplay of me even cut the last one. The post game chat was salty, but mostly harmless banter and back and forth wrestling-style trashtalk, till two of the survivors turned pretty ugly in their parting statements.

Well, one player mocked me for threatening to report him and his companion and said that the devs never do anything. Well 5 days later, I logged in to this :>

Some say that reporting is petty and does nothing, but this two bullies at least got some sort of action taken against them. So please, don't report meaningles stuff, but if you got a true case, just go ahead and report them. Its the only way to curb the most blatant toxic behaviour.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

Cheaters say reporting does nothing to try and dissuade players from filling out a report.

For hacking, it helps to have evidence and a report on their main report page to go with the in-game report. That said, chances are they cheat every game they run and will run into so many players reporting them BHVR has to direct their attention to them at some point, and even risk multiple people turning in video evidence.

• RipperX
    RipperX Member Posts: 31
    Options

And then what happen ? There's no hardware ban so they can simply swap account and ruin another game. Why i've to spend a lot of time to create a video, edit a video, submit a video to report someone who could simply play the game ? Honestly i'm frustrated to see how little our reports do and the silence from devs on this matter. A new anti cheating software, a better in game report, hardware ban and more harsh action against cheaters should be put in place

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,428
    Options

The reports do work, if done correctly.

To report someone for cheating you need video evidence, so you can use a software to record your match or something like Nvidia's replay system that allows you to record a portion of your game by simply clicking a button.

You can then report in game and open a ticket here, giving all the required information and attaching the clip to it; if you are not able to attach the clip, upload it to YouTube as unlisted and post the link in the ticket's description.

I'm not saying that the procedure could not be improved, I think most people agree that a simpler procedure could make reporting much more appealing and straight forward, but sadly this is how it is at the moment.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.