If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What is your favorite map in the game?

Options

In this text, I want you to write down your favorite map in the game and why. If you want, you can also write the map you dislike the most, the killer and survivor side maps. I, however, really like the east side variation of the RPD map. So you?

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

Mother's Dwelling and Ormond. Purely for aesthetic reasons.

• RipperX
    RipperX Member Posts: 31
    Options

Maps I like are: Midwich, The Game and the entire mcMillan's realm

Maps that i hate are : Garden of Joy, the entire springwood realm

Maps that are hideous, unplayable and should be deleted : Hawkin's lab

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,749
    Options

Haddonfield. Visually great, I am a huge Halloween fan, and I usually do well on it with Mikey.

• Alex_
    Alex_ Member Posts: 143
    edited February 27
    Options

As Survivor there are no maps I dislike tbh. Ofc I like Garden of Joy or The Game the most as Survivor.

For Killer it depends a lot on which Killer I play, but for many of them I like Coal Tower I, Dead Dawg Saloon, Midwich and RPD East Wing, as they're all relatively small and have not too many connected good loops.

I dislike as Killer RPD West Wing, Garden of Joy, The Game, ... There are many tbh....

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

It used to be Léry's, before the map reworks. I loved the creepy hospital aesthetic and back then it was an excellent map for Freddy.

I suppose my favorite map still is Léry's, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 612
    edited February 27
    Options

I love Toba Landing. I'm a big Sci-Fi fan and I think it's the most beautiful map in the game.

Worst maps for me are generally the indoor maps. The Game is OK, but with the others I get so lost and there are so many weird dead ends to run into (with Midwich and Hawkins being the worst offenders. At least they look cool, I guess).

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,689
    Options

Honestly, Greenville Square will be a solid contender for that spot when it comes out. It's got some decently fun visual elements, and a pretty balanced feel to it gameplay wise. The pinball machines that make noise when you throw pallets on them are a really fun touch. It's just a shame I risk sending myself to Garden of Joy instead if I burn Ichorous Loam.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    Options

all of coldwind. both before and after the rework

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 715
    Options

midwich cause silent hill my beloved <3

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

Midwich and The Game, just much prefer indoor maps in general.

• HINGIRIK
    HINGIRIK Member Posts: 103
    Options

Why doesn't anyone like the Hawkins map? It is one of my favorite maps when playing Killer and Survivor. Also, I think the new map looks nice even though it is on the killer side.

• AnxiousGummy
    AnxiousGummy Member Posts: 107
    Options

I actually like Hawkins lol I always have even before it was taken out of the game (before coming back). It may not be the easiest map to navigate but I just like it haha

Other maps I enjoy are Toba Landing and Nostromo Wreckage since I'm a huge sci-fi fan.

• AlphaYandere
    AlphaYandere Member Posts: 59
    Options

Hawkins Lab has all my love since first release. (Surv and Killer def. my favorite map)

Garden Of Joy and Preschool i hate the most

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,300
    Options

I still love the Swamps, and have always done wayyyyyyy better on them in either role than I should have I think.

The layout of gens and totems & hatch etc. are all odd compared to the other maps, giving the realm lots of unique personality.

The perimeter is angled, as is several tiles throughout. This may not be awesome for Blights and Billy's sometimes, but otherwise it's a very fun element.

And I love messing around with the log loops and the docks, and particularly that small boat with a gen on it, again in either role. So much fun.

• JPLongstreet
    Options

When Lery's rework first came out I loved it so much. Visually it was and is stunning & well made. Then I played on it for several trials. Appeal evaporated quickly. 😕

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 122
    Options

I quite like Dead Dawg Saloon and dont mind most maps, apart from Haddenfield as killer or survivor, and Badham is an awful experience as killer, especially if I'm not paying attention and get sent there by a SWF with a killer shack basement offering, because then you know you're going to be dealing with a couple of unhookable survivors in all probability. Garden of Joy is anything but also.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    Options

Realm Beyond ruined my precious Chapel. It used to be the most balanced map in the game, but now you have these god windows in the main building.

Midwich and Temple of Purgation are probably my favorite maps, aesthetic and gameplay-wise.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

As for the art, Gideon and Midwich are top notch.

If I value the gameplay, I would choose Call Tower or Wreckers' Yard

• GeneralV
    Options

To me it was just... bad. A single patch and my favorite map in the game was taken away, just like that. Heh, just like my favorite killer.

But I never thought I would lose all of them. Except Swamp, for now.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,022
    Options

Ormond because it’s easy on my eyes and Ive always liked snowy scenery. I wish they’d make another map that’s not the top of a mountain, in the middle of the night with a starry sky.

I do wish Ormond had some bushes that I can blend into similar to the bushes on Mr Cowboys map.

I also like all of the corn maps.

• JPLongstreet
    Options

I do miss the blue McMillans and green Wreakers, and especially the dark Coldwinds.

• GeneralV
    Options

So do I, my friend.

I would love to have those maps back.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

The cowboy and Alien map are my two favorites. Hate RPD.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 267
    Options

😍: RPD, Midwich, Ormond and Lery's (I love indoors).

🤮: Garden of Joy, Swamp, Badham and Haddonfield.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,639
    Options

The Knight's map (forget what it's called). I think it is the most balanced map for both killer and survivor. It doesn't matter what role I'm playing, I'm happy to get that map.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

Decimated Borgo? Used to be it was considered survivor-sided due to having safe pallet loops everywhere and few tall structures to block line of sight. Now it's considered killer-sided because many of those pallet loops have been removed and deadzones are common.

Personally I just wish it didn't have the red filter. Can't see scratchmarks worth a damn. It looked better in Lights Out mode!

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 977
    edited February 27
    Options

My absolute favorite map is Garden of Joy. I love the story, the details, the colors, everything. I love the feeling it gives me. Plus on the scary side there is an air of foreboding which gives off an eerie sense of disquiet. I think I’m going to feel the same about Greenville Square. I already love the birch trees so much. I suppose the Withered Isle is my favorite realm 😌

Runner-up maps would be:

• Hawkins because I love the show. It feels really fun to explore the lab.
    • Both Yamaoka levels. Again the color scheme just really speaks to me. I love all the wooden decor along with the hook designs. I also love all of the plants in the level.
    • Eyrie of Crows because there’s a quiet stillness out in the sand areas. I also really enjoy the surreal quality of the library.

I can go on and on but these are my top favorite maps.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,061
    edited February 28
    Options

Midwich for both sides.

Contrary to popular opinion I think indoor maps are healthier for the game. Doesn’t encourage hold W game play, the loops tend to be better balanced, they’re stronger maps for some of the weaker killers and worse for some of the better ones, and finally they all tend to play uniquely from one another whereas most outdoors maps tend to play the same with just a different splash of paint on it.

I find Midwich particularly to be more aesthetically pleasing than the others and I like how it plays for both sides. Some of the more balanced chases too.

• Harbinger1985
    Harbinger1985 Member Posts: 58
    Options

My favorite maps mostly by atmosphere and visuals, which also means I fun on the map both sides:

Toba Landing - I just love that map! Gorgeous and sick, so many creatures around, debris falling at the cliffs - or at least I can hear it - I like Gabriel former colony and the killed crew around the maps. But mostly many things are moving or react.

Nostromo Wreckage - Since I'm a big fan of Alien I like the maps. Ash on the table, facehuggers at infirmary, Ripley crashed shuttle. I didn't managed get into the secret MOTHER section, but once managed to get the key.

Grave of Glennvale - I love westerns and this map also just looks amazing! The sunset, the western feeling, condors on the corpses.

Haddonfield - I love the first Halloween movie and love the map. Pretty detailed, got an atmosphere and the sky looks amazing. Also every time the map starting I can hear Carpenter cool tunes.

The other maps are OK, mostly I like them all in a way, but that 4 is my personnel favorite. I collected offerings for Gabriel and Hux for Toba. :D

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 320
    Options

Depends on the killer and bulld I'm using. I prefer The Game or Dead Dog or Hawkins the most. Narrow corridors, smaller and condensed open areas.

I hate the cornfield map. Corn blindness is real. I also hate big maps like red Forrest and Erie etc..

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Didn’t the devs release stats last year that showed Midwich has the highest kill rate in the game?

• TheNameIsGilgamesh
    TheNameIsGilgamesh Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 22
    Options

None. All the maps are unbalanced. Either the map favors survivor or favors the killer. This is why I hate map offerings so much in this game.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    edited February 29
    Options

@TheNameIsGilgamesh What do you think of maps like Coal Tower or Wreckers Yard?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Something like that

• TheNameIsGilgamesh
    TheNameIsGilgamesh Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 22
    Options

Coal Tower killer sided. Survivor sided if they use anti slug build.

Wreckers yard survivor sided.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

I don't have a favorite map... sad to say

• Blueberry
    Options

They did release stats on that however I don’t remember where Midwhich stood on kill rates. I’d imagine it was probably on the higher side if I was guessing though. I would say that even if something was better in kill rates then most others that doesn’t inherently imply it’s less balanced, it just means it’s deadlier than the others. Hypothetically deadlier than all the rest could still be balanced if the others it’s being compared to are very unbalanced in the other direction. If that all made sense.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

If I remember correctly it was the most killer-sided map in the game (highest kill rates) with Dead Dog Saloon maybe just behind it.

• Blueberry
    Options