The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What happened to "We love going against billy, he's fun!"

Reinami
Reinami Member Posts: 5,435

2 people immediately dced as soon as i landed a chainsaw hit, and the 3rd one dced right as i hooked the guy i chainsawed.

The question is. Did you like going against billy becuase he was fun? Or did you like going against billy because he was an easy win for you?

Comments

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

I thought I was having deja vu

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642464#Comment_3642464

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

I think it has to do with popularity. Not many people played Billy before his overheat rework, so he wasn’t seen often and his power is unique while remaining balanced in most people’s view. His strength isn’t fundamentally different, even though overdrive is very decent, but he is far more of a popular pick and is seen quite often now. That alone enables people to nitpick and dislike a character. Same goes for Wesker and other killers with a high pick rate.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I mean there’s gonna be DC’s on every killer tbh. Billy is still fun now and seeing him more prevalent has been a breath of fresh air

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 498

I would rather play vs 1000 billies than go up vs a knight skull merchants xeno chucky or singularity

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

The only fun killer is one rarely played.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Long story short version:

He is still fun, arguably in my top 5. Issue is that everybody plays him now and he is a bit to powerful. Wait a few months, nerf him a little bit, and he is in a perfect spot.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

I don't know, he is fun to go against. It's hilarious watching him run into stuff like blight.

He's still very easy to counter, most of it consists of standing still waiting for the next move.

People really DC against this guy? Jeebus.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955
    edited March 1

There isnt a killer that i like playing against because whether or i enjoy the games depends more on the killer playstyle rather who they are playing.

I got people to DC against my trapless trapper

• xEa

Yes, thats the reason. Same reason why Blight is #1 most fun killer on recent surveys. Because Blight, as we all know, is extremly weak and is very easy to play against.

/s

• xEa

Same to you. Please explain why Blight, Huntress and Wesker are among the most beloved killers then.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,467

I liked Billy before because of the high skill floor. If you went against some one who was actually a threat you knew they poured tones of hours to perfect their craft. Now, just like before, anyone can just pick him up and get results.

Reason behind that is Overdrive holding their hand. Just make it so he doesn't get it every half a second and he's fine.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290
    edited March 1

I love playing against Billy and I will die on that hill. I loved pre-nerf pre-Overheat Billy.

The only thing I don't like about current Billy is the camera still feels janky after their pre-rework update they added without adding it in patchnotes.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 325

Personally, I have always hated and always will hate him. I hate playing him and hate going against him. I hate his design, gameplay, his dumb limp that makes me feel slower than 115%, ect. He the only killer I have a burning hatred for.

Either way I do think most survivors only love Billy's because they only went against newbies who don't know how to use him and stomp him or the mains who only care about doing curves and will throw a match just do cool curve plays. Either way it meant a easy win for them unless. On top of all that Billy was a super rare killer and it's even rarer to encounter a try hard Billy who playing to win.

The story is different now he been buffed, there is a lot more Billys and odds are alot more of them are trying to win more than goofing around. Survivors mains only want easy wins against killers who aren't trying or weak killers.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,438

I don't mind Knight, SM and Singularity, to be honest. But I would be happy to never see Xeno again.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 887

That's a very cynical and depressing way of looking at things. Most people's experience of Billy was OG players who were more concerned with landing swaggy chainsaw hits than hard tunneling survivors out at five gens. OG Billy's have never been a pushover, due to how skilled they are. Despite this, survivors loved them. I think it really comes down to how the killer player approaches the game, rather than the killer themselves.

I can loop Wraith easily, but I hate going against him as almost every one of them gets angry if chases last more than twenty seconds or so. Playing against a pissed off opponent isn't fun for me. Nurse is busted as hell, but I'm happy to face them as they rarely get angry when you outplay them. They'll even show you respect for playing well sometimes.

As far as people disconnecting goes, I can only assume it's the normal "I went down too fast, so DC" or "I'm sick of seeing this killer, so DC". Neither of which is really specific to Billy.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,484

Oh yeah thanks for the reminder, Blight too! 59% kill rate smh 😂

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 609

I guess your question mains to ask if players still love Billy or not but your example with the dc looks a little bis misleading because that was just one match and some players dc/kill themself on hook for nearly every stupid reason (no matter which killer, no matter how the match looks, they would even dc against their own cute little dog that plays the killer for the first time just because they know there is no punishment for doing it).

I am a killermain but when I play survivor and have a match against Billy, I am happy because he is fun to play against. His chainsaw is more threatening than before and to dodge a good one or to make a good play against him feels so satisfying. In addition, facing a Billyplayer that tries some big plays is also really cool for me because since his rework I like to play him and it is always great to see good tricks to then copy them (to learn from other killerplayers is always good). Lastly, some of his skins look so goofy and funny. Year, in my opinion Hillbilly is still a fun killer to play against and I am really happy about it.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 654

Chucky and Singularity? To each their own I suppose. Those two are easily some of the more unique killers to face imo

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678

Billy is Noob stomper and that's true. Noobs can not keep up with Billy and 90% of all Killers so It doesn't mean anything.

For me Billy is fine and it's very fun to play against Billy - good Billy can actually play for 12 Hooks and make the match very fun for both sides - that;s my opinion.

• JeanGreyarea

Yes but 1 has two be the new billy and the other has to be the old one lol

• JeanGreyarea
  • Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199
    edited March 2

In my experience, people who play conventionally 'weak' killers like to play them. They tend to play well, they utilise their power properly, go for hooks over kills, and play to have fun.

While people who play conventionally 'strong' killers tend to play to win, they camp, tunnel, slug for the 4K, etc.

It's a generalisation, but it's never been so apparent as it has with the Billy buff. I've had tunnellers galore, I've been slugged for 4 minutes, and I've had the other survivor kept alive until they led the killer to me to end the game. All Billy.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,198

People will DC/give up for literally any reason. One match where people DC isn't indicative of everyone suddenly hating that killer.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,435

This will continue to get better as BHVR seems keen on finally making more than 2 killer viable. The billy buffs have finally brought him to that point, now we have 4 viable killers instead of 2.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Eh, I'm not super sure on the curve window buff yet. Makes him a little too strong, imo.

It's just an overabundance of Billy atm. I think everyone is kinda sick of him. It'll get better eventually once people stop playing him (when Unlnown comes out)

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026

For survivors who don't know how to turn Billy into an M1 killer, they probably feel that Billy is a nightmare.

• xEa
    edited March 2

And yet, they are beloved by the commuity the most. Just because a killer is strong does not mean survivors cant have fun with the them. Thats the point.

I believe also that Blight is to strong, objectivly speak he simply is without a doubt. But i still love him. Same with Billy. Even Wesker might be a tiny big to powerful, yet he is great fun and intense to play against. And also fair.

The argument survivors like easy wins, is objectivly and subjectivly completly wrong. Look at Freddy or Trapper. Super weak, but not many like playing against them.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 887

Are the people who claimed that they loved Billy, the ones that are now disconnecting after his rework though? I don't think the people who are disconnecting against him are the people who once proclaimed love for him. I think they are the people who have always disconnected against challenging opponents or when things go poorly.

I think because Billy players were so rare, people actually forgot or never had any real experience with him. He was like some mythical creature that half of the playerbase had no experience with, and when they did meet one, he would be focused on fun and style over efficiency.

The over-saturation of Billy combined with how strong he now is has definitely frustrated many players. There's no denying that. But there's plenty of weak killers that people hate. Legion would be a good example. Onryo has always been considered trash but people hate her regardless. Larry is the game's version of a unicorn, he's very rare. Given how strong he is when he focuses on protecting gens, I'm sure players would hate him almost as much as SM if they actually played against him regularly and his skill floor was lower.

TLDR: Killer strength does play a part in their perception by survivors, but it's not everything. Over-saturation, the killers kit and how players tend to use them also plays a role.