Why does the game break daily at 7pm est?

Options
CountOfTheFog
CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,826

This is beyond annoying. Why is this happening every day?

Comments

• EmpireCity830
    EmpireCity830 Member Posts: 109
    Options

I know steam has a maintenance thing every Tuesday at 6 or 7pm which is when DBD goes down. But that is only for 10-15 min once a week. I'm not sure what your problem is.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

Yeah it's been doing the "can't connect to rtm server" and can't play with friends around that time too.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 533
    Options

I'm in the uk (but actually live on est time as my partner is in NC) haven't played at that time for a couple of weeks but do play then quite a lot & never had an issue, is it relatively new?

Or maybe its more American server specific.

Sorry for your frustrations either way!

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

I’ve been experiencing this as well the past week or so. “Could not connect to RTM server” has been a staple at around the same time you’ve mentioned.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 323
    Options

That's when the game has its daily reset for rituals and first match bonuses, maybe there's a correlation there?

• Zenislev
    Zenislev Member Posts: 151
    Options

5-7 est is generally around the time people have come back from work, settled in for the night and started playing. That's why, on the east coast at least, the bp bonus switches over to killer around then. That's when people are getting online to play with their friends.