What will happen after DS change? A possible chain reaction survivors would not like?

Options
2»

Comments

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 287
    Options

I'm actually against DS being buffed for 2 reasons: It's behind DLC so unless it becomes a general perk. Also because I don't want my ability to play survivor completely defendant on a perk. It seems like devs only want a few perks to be useful and 90% useless which reduces variety and experimentation.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,094
    edited March 5
    Options

A lot of people are theorizing the change is going to be a strict buff, but I'm thinking it might be a bit of a rework / sidegrade, just based on how BHVR has liked changing effects (furtive chase, for instance)

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,115
    Options

Why are you telling them all of the Killer secrets?! 😳

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 533
    Options

Killers might get less kills in the higher mmr they tunnelled themselves up to but at low to mid range mmr 5 seconds vs most killers will still give the same results since a lot of survivors will either A. Miss the skill check, B. Hit the skill check but can't loop & will go down fast regardless.

& very few killers in my 12,000 hours of play time ever get hit with DS & say oh well fair enough i'll chase someone else then!

Personally i'd make DS 5 seconds, 2 uses & an active button not a skill check so they can use it where they want to use it while being carried that would be much stronger anti tunneling in my opinion (of course killers would hate that! Though if not tunnelling no issue!)

Obviously it would disable in end game & would need a bunch of features so it can't be used offensively, conspicuous actions Obviously being one, another survivor put into a dying state possibly another though that could be problematic if your rescued by an injured teammate who goes down second after unhook (maybe would encourage healing too)

I don't have all the answers & honestly outside of running laurie adept would probably never run DS anyway & as a killer I play for 11 hooks & give hatch / gate, so absolutely make it so survivors can't weaponise the perk but 5 seconds alone won't do nearly enough.

Of course what we'll actually get is something both sides will probably complain about.

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 287
    Options

Knowing how BHVR wants every survivor perk to have a trade-off these days they'll probably buff DS to 5 seconds but then makes you hindered for 5 seconds afterward, just so that killers don't complain about survivors getting anything useful.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    edited March 5
    Options

Are you saying I broke into someone's basement last week? That would explain why that lady was so affraid of my chainsaw.

I think I'll have to call my lawyer.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,919
    edited March 5
    Options

a weaker killer won't get played because DS will push killer to play strongest killers available to "avoid" DS losses. For example, if say Ghostface tunnels someone off the hook and they get punished where DS makes them lose the game. That player is not going to play Ghostface. They'll just pick Blight, Take the 5 second DS where distance buff gain is meaningless.

When DS get buffed if buffed to a strong degree, every single survivor will use it. You'll see nothing but 4 DS every single game because a competent survivor triggering DS will make killer lose the majority of the time if they trigger it. Free win if weaker killer. a mild inconvenience for a strong killer.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

The funny thing is that BHVR adamantly refuses to just revert a bad change. So the DS rework is going to be add some sort of twist to the perk, that is 90% guaranteed to make tunneling EASIER rather than harder.

10% chance the perk is going to be absolutely broken.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited March 5
    Options

I read your post before, i have some problems with your suggestion tbh. Overall, i don't think reward for spreading hooks should be related with gen speed. Doing gens is boring and as a person who did 6k+ gens i just can't accept gens last any longer. I think, majority of community agree with this. But even besides it, i have some problems with your suggestion.

Gens would not be effected that much, just ballanced out. Survivors would do gens the same amount of time as they do it right now. Gens are just going slower in early game, but faster in late game.

1) This obligates killer to find all the survivors in order, and ignore all other survivors while he searches for "missing link", otherwise he will be punished. It's core issue, because it's nearly impossible. Sometimes i take 3 aura perks and just can't find one survivor whole game. For this suggestion we need completely delete stealth from the game and give to killer few aura perks basekit. I don't think anyone will be happy with it and it's nearly impossible with lockers in the game.

I get what you mean, but finding a survivor the second time is still not a bad thing for the system. Generators would simply be at the normal level or a slight benefit for survivors. Killing a survivor (lets say you can somehow only find this one survivor which is extremly rare) would then give survivors a boost. But killer already got one person out. Survivor suffered from slower genspeed anyway in early game. Its totally fair. Both have still decent winning chances, no matter how the killer decided to play the round. Thats why i like the idea.

2) Even with no stealth in a game and some aura perks basekit 20% penalty is just compensation for killer's time to find all survivors one by one, there is no reward at all. One thing just neutralizes other.

Basically the same as i said after 1). The killer is not forced to run any aura perks. They can still play as they want.Tunnel? Okay, do it, no problem. Killer will get someone out early on, but survivor will get faster gen speed quicker in the match. Tunnel by accident? Same story in green. Go for hooking everyone twice before killing off (no matter if by purpose or not) ? Great, you had the benefit as a killer to not loose all 5 gens due to that, and survivor had the benefit to play as 4 people much longer. Perfect trade.

3) Killer will punished with extra 5% to gens speed even after 4 unic hooks? What is the point of spreading them then?

They dont. When the killer hooks 4 different survivors, the genspeed would still have the penalty. (Also keep in mind that those numbers are not final. They are used to showcase the idea. If it is +5% or 0% or +10% is not relevant at that point - thats then ballance finetuning). Only stage 2 on a survivor would remove the repairspeed penalty.

4) I think that your suggestion will somehow okish on lowest MMR, where game is killer sided, but high MMR killers will be literally unplayable. There is no reward for spreading hooks as such, but a lot of punishment. In high MMR killer (it's better to say "against good survivors", since mmr is a pretty bad) should tunnel just to have a chance to win, and it's not even a guarented win and pretty risky. With your suggestion there will be literally no chance to win a game against strong survivors.

Every strategy is good with this system, and no strategy is overpowered (with MAYBe one exception of slugging, but this would probably force a anti slug meta by default). You can basically choose. Again, you can still tunnel, but you loose your adventage of slower repairspeed very early on. And when you tunnel - well, you had until stage 2 still slower gens. And when you kill one off, it gets evened out now. Killer had early game benefit, survivor have late game benefit while being in a difficult position.

About your points:

I like the Grim benefit in theory, BUT (of course there has to be a but :D) this is very hard to balllance. What would the survivors get in return? This is just a killer buff with no downside really.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,206
    Options

Yeah, so overall it's something like this:

-> With new system you will be hard punished for using strongest strategy.

-> Well, so you give me something instead?

-> Yeah, of course, there is other strategy that will be impossible to implement in most matches. You also will be punished on top of it for not hard following this new strategy.

-> And what should i do? How should i play the game now?

-> Oh, just play how you want, you are still free to choose.

-> Yeah, choose in what way to suffer.

What would the survivors get in return? This is just a killer buff with no downside really.

Depends on what we are trying to do. Create alternative strategy to tunnel? Then nothing. Whole point of creating system which will alternate tunneling is take the pressure from one survivor's death and spread it on 4 alive survivors. Of course it's killer buff doesn't matter how you will look at it. BUT buffs, which work ONLY with spreading hooks, if we are following my suggestion. Killer doesn't feel like trowing the game with it, survivors are not tunneled so much. Everyone is happy, isn't it?

Make tunneling almost impossible and not viable strategy overall? Then give to survivors no collision with killer after unhook unless Cons Actions. But of course there should be even stronger buffs for killers to compensate it. But i think MMR should start working better before implementing it, because it probably will hurt low levels even harder than now with tunneling.