Hyped for the next chapter

Options

Anyone else completely hyped for the next chapter? I feel like it's been ages since the PTB came out and we still have another week to go before it drops. I'm excited to play as Sable against the Unknown on the new map. The perks in the chapter may not be the best, but the marketing, survivor, killer, map, and overall vibe of the chapter are big wins imo. I love how they're tying in Sable into Mikaela's lore. I'm so excited!

Comments

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,097
    Options

I’m mainly hyped for all the potential “skins” the new killer is going to have. I’m hoping the devs would actually let it wear other killer skins along with their unique music tracks.

Id also like it to wear some Survivor skins. I’d love to be able to pretend I am Claudette as a Killer, getting revenge on all of my useless teammates, but I understand why they wouldn’t allow it.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 261
    Options

I am probably in the minority, but I actually wish BHVR would take a break from releasing new content for a while and focus resources on game health/balance. Every new chapter just makes this game even more overwhelming and off-putting for new players, even for casual players like myself who have a decent amount of hours in the game but not nearly enough free time to even begin to learn how to play as or against new killers. I understand that they need to do this to keep the revenue stream healthy, but I think there are long-term consequences in terms of how many new players are going to pick up and stick with the game.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,979
    Options

They could probably make it so that The Unknown desperately tries to disguise as the survivors by wearing their clothes, could be a cool alternative for making unlockable cosmetics like the Bubba masks.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Pig and Clown buffs are only things I'm interested in. I also started to think with what I should replace sloppy and Mangled addons and seems like it will be another gen slowdown, what is boring.

So nah, probably less interesting chapter in the last year for me.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

I’d settle for one of Claudettes outfits (like the sparkly gold dress) and a fake fro. Maybe even make it try to imitate her voice.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited March 6
    Options

I’m about to be annoyed as solo survivor as 3 sables get us all killed expediently in the basement trying to summon demons. I’ll pre take headache medication before playing.

im about to start taking keys in. So if you see me in the fog with a key, please mind your business bc I’ll already be suffering enough.

• AnxiousGummy
    AnxiousGummy Member Posts: 113
    Options

From what I saw, the new map is pretty cool. Seems a little on the larger side but I love the movie theater.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Assuming the developers didn't butcher good changes or let bad ones through, this one of the greatest DBD chapters ever done. The New Killer is creepy, balanced power, along with good lore, while Sable could become favorite survivor (skins pending). While the map itself looks amazing and balanced.

The other parts though that seem to get less attention though would be PTB killer changes. Huntress change is definitely not the right one in my opinion and could've been better, the Clown changes if they go through will boost him significantly, his mobility is a little better, but his chase will be incredibly dominant now, top 3 chase potential, the Pig ambush changes are good but could go lighter on the changes to RBTs and boxes. Hag changes to me as a Hag main look absolutely remarkable and should definitely make her much better to play, her top tier camping is still unchanged though, so hopefully one day they take care of that. The rest of the changes are nice little quality of life changes to Doctor and Demo.

And I can care less about the mangled changes.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 489
    Options

My favorite survivor and map they've ever done.

Unknown is probably a bit above average for me in terms of killers.

I can't wait for next Tuesday.

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 224
    Options

Honestly? I WAS excited about the new map, the new killer, the new survivor and everything.

After being in the PTB for some time and playing outside PTB I realized. This game is heading into a dead end. Adding more dlc's will not be enough to stop this ship from sinking.

I already know that there will be a ton of killer proxy camp and shoot you with UVX as soon as the unhook happens. From there it will be tunneling again.

It is so tiring. So unless something in the core of dbd changes new chapters will no longer excite people for a longer time. You could tell when Alien dropped. Everyone was beyond excited but after just 3 weeks the game felt stale again.

The reason for this is that every new chapter you have to do the exact same thing then the last 7 years. The survivor looks different, cool, the new perks are meh, the new killer is quite okay but are we really excited because his power is something different? Absolutely not. It doesn't really matter what the killer looks like or what power he posesses, we already know we are going to have a ton of sweaty tunnel camper games.

This kills all excitement and makes me even wonder whether why I enjoyed dbd for so long. I just bought helldivers 2, see you around.

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 397
    Options

I really hope they do that they do something like this. Unfortunately, if they make a Claudette skin for the Unknown, there will be the racist nerdnecks that will use it to harass black streamers/players like they did with Bubba, which got the masks removed in the first place.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

I'm really not excited for the Huntress galore if the changes stay but, other than that, I'm a little excited.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,279
    Options

I'm looking forward to the update, bar a few of its bad ideas (Huntress and Pig...)

New killer looks good, new survivor is funny, the new perks are a mixed bag, and I'm always happy to have a new map, especially if it falls under the Ichorous Loam map offering which will make Garden of Joy less consistently summoned to cause suffering.

I like the Clown and Doctor changes. Dislike the Mangled change, just going to abandon that status effect in favor of more genblock and genslowdown, wooo...

It has its problems but overall the next update is looking good. And it will be shortly followed by the Blood Moon event, hopefully that's fun too. DbD needs more non-holiday events to keep things spiced up.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Not really.

Boring killer. Bad perks for both sides.

I am not gonna drop Kate, Mikaela or Jill for Sable.

Map looks so much killer-sided, so i am not gonna love it for sure

So it's bad chapter for me. I am hoping next one is cool.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

New map yes, new killer no.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

I'm excited to pull out the Insidious basement Bubba build.

No one's invocating in my trials...

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,354
    Options

It's hard to get excited for new chapters because it'll still be the same DBD with the same issues that BHVR wont fix.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,199
    Options

Just to check, the Unknown is wearing a Dwight skin right?

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,199
    edited March 21
    Options
    Post edited by HerInfernalMajesty on
  • xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Not hyped at all after that PTB.

The map looked cool but feels way to big. The perks are pretty bad overall. Possible Huntress and Hag buff are the biggest joke ever and the new killer is not really blowing me away either. For me, another disapointment after the promising Teaser.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

It’s all good buddy, I hope you enjoy yourself and have a good time. I’ll try the perks out myself just at a later date when every killer in the realm isn’t expecting everyone to be down there. I might try out the other 2 bc undoubtedly I will be going for saves and probably end up basemented at some point due to altruism. I’m still excited for the new killer and map.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 402
    Options

the map is garbage, wish they'd be more imaginative than a forest with one building for once. The killer looks interesting design wise but all the perks r awful though so overall meh...

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

This is truly Bubba's holy crusade. Chests and invocations will be stopped at all costs in the name of the Entity 🙏, failure is not an option.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,792
    Options

for the first time in 6 years territorial has an actual use

Thank you new chapter

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,604
    edited March 6
    Options

The chapter is honestly mostly underwhelming for me.

High point being the map and most of the perks seems fine or decent enough.

Outside of that however, there's not much else.

Visually and lore-wise The Unknown is cool but it's power doesn't appeal to me the same way Dredge's power doesn't.

I'm not a fan of the Survivor, Sable is all visuals and no depth, unless the tome improves her base lore, she has without a doubt the second worst Survivor lore due to how shallow her character is in the base lore, also she probably has the worst Survivor lobby voicelines out of them all.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

That’s what I think and I won’t believe otherwise, even if the devs state the contrary!

• Huge_Bush
    Options

I wish this wasn’t true but knowing the online community, I know it is 😫. Maybe they can use another survivor skin and dress it up with Claudette’s cosmetics? Wishful thinking, I know.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,183
    Options

I'm more hype towards the Killer buffs like Clown & Doctor!

But new killer... I really love the art design, but I hate the power. Shooting a grenade makes no sense at all LOL. (And I'm absolutely trash at playing Ranged Killers)

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 397
    Options
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,902
    Options

From what I've seen it looks pretty good. It'll be fun to explore at any rate

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Gotta be honest, I kinda dread new chapters as it means I will be facing the same killer over and over and over again.

It is the main reason I cant really stand Wesker, after his chapter came out I get them constantly for months on end to the point I audibly groaned when I would hear his music and longed for even a sweaty Blight/Nurse just for some variety.

So no, not particularly lol

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,314
    Options

I'm kinda excited to see how Unknown settles into things. His ranged attack is crazy in the right hands.