Please friends, stop using Gideon offerings.

Options

When I play survivor, the amount of times that my teammates bring Gideon offerings is insane and let's be realist, Gideon is not even that good. It's a 50/50 map.

If we face a killer who eats pallets, we're doomed and l know that many of these survivor who bring this offerings just want a free win but this is not the case.

When I see Gideon offering I start to get scared because you don't know which killer you're going to face so stop using it please.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,792
    Options

easiest map to do pallet related challenges though

and you don’t feel guilty for camping for stun challenges

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Regardless of what killer it is an easy map to play, just drop the pallet in which you have full line of sight of the killer. But you're going to lose if it's a pallet shredder (I have yet to see a survivor bright enough to use the few windows on the map well), and I suspect many survivors think that because it's easy to play it's easy to win, which it isn't.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,272
    Options

At least your teammates are sending you to a kinda good survivor map, meanwhile my solo q teammates send us to Dead dawg for some unknown reason

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

When i see this map, it always killer who hits you behind pallets. I don't know if i am just unlucky but that's the case .... It always Huntress, Xeno, Nemesis etc. Loops have small walls and not so much vaults. So pretty much it's lose =)

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    edited March 7
    Options

Unless its like a leatherface or hillbilly, a forced pallet break adds 20 seconds to a chase. So there really isn't any need other than to just go from pallet to pallet immediately pre-dropping them. After your first couple of pallets, your team should be popping gens, then just repeat until the game is over.

• Clawd
    Clawd Member Posts: 7
    Options

I usually have that with the RPD map.

Especially Russians seem to like this map dunno if there's a trend right now or whatever but i got 6 RPD offerings in 7 games yesterday.

(Btw I don't have anything against russians but well they're name were russian and they spoke it.)

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 567
    Options

It's the best map to get Stun, drop while in chase, kick pallet and walls related challenges thou.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 336
    edited March 9
    Options

In my opinion survivors drop this offering for one of two reasons:

- they want to do a tome archive such as drop pallets, stun the killer, or stay for XXX seconds in the terrorradius of the killer.

- they think they are good at the game when they don't go down in five seconds because they can drop every palett to extend the chase. Little do they know what a good chase really is. It's like dropping Badham offering.

However, Gideon is not that easy - still survivor sided - because depending on the rng the map can have some nasty deadzones and finding generators is sometimes hard for survivors because not many know the spawn logic and in SoloQ it only gets worse. The map can als create nasty camping zones. Also a killer that don't mind pallets can be a problem.

But Gideon is still a boring map and for many killers really bad. I mean, survivor drops pallet, killer breaks it, survivor drops pallet, killer breaks it, survivor gets hit, drop pallet, break pallet. It is such a boring map

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 848
    Options

Personally I like using the Gideon offering when I'm in Iri ranks and I want to pip rather than risk losing 4 pips. It's almost a guaranteed pip or safety pip going there.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,284
    Options

As a Pig Main, I love when survivors decide to give me home advantage.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

If someone manages to lose on gideon against an m1 killer like pig I would seriously think they are trolling or probably bought the game yesterday.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

When I have a pallet challenge I play Gideon as Hillbilly with Lo Pro Chains, Enduring, Spirit Fury, Hubris and Hex: Two Can Play.

Unless I'm BMed I normally just complete my challenge in one match and let the survivors go as it's so easy in Gideon with that. That build being possible is definitely one of the multiple reasons you should be apprehensive as a survivor in Gideon until you figure out what you're facing.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

That's more of a reference to the movie than a gameplay reference.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,284
    Options

Actually it's both. I happen to be rather good at playing The Pig, and yes even on Gideon.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

This is the big issue with this map and maybe a few others, certain killers will decimate you on a certain map but then they are the easiest escape on another. While it's fine that some killers are stronger or weaker on certain maps, they shouldn't become totally null or overbearing on others, if possible.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,409
    edited March 9
    Options

I don’t see this map as a 50/50 at all. I see it as pretty survivor sided bar some specific killers. It’s also extremely boring. So many safe loops with a large amount of pallets. Just pre drop everything since they’re almost all forced breaks and the gens should be done by the time you run out if your team isn’t wasting time.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 323
    Options

Please play this map more. I play alot of Dr. And Nemesis etc. Narrow corridors and the compact size make it so much better.

Impossible skill check doc on this map is great. 👍

Yeah play more Gideon. :)