I feel like Hillbilly players are relying on their chainsaw a lot

Options
jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,546

Now now settle down I know your about to say "Excuse me but Hillbilly has the chainsaw to insta down survivors why would he NOT use it." Let me explain.

I've faced some Hillbilly players and noticed something they start tunneling...a lot why's that simple they constant use their chainsaw and since most high rank players know stick to tight corners and use windows and such to their advantage the Hillbilly barely gets any hooks and gens will go flying mostly because they stick to one survivor instead of breaking chase and find someone different.

I feel like this rework he got is not to just have him be able to insta down and not worry about overheat but his overdrive is somewhat designed to travel maps way faster. So what happens he enters overdrive and most times I've faced him doesn't get any downs as the player isn't fully able to get a down around that tight corner because he's going extremely fast. So what happens next is simple gens go flying he starts to tunnel playing Hillbilly and pulling my hair a bit because matchmaking I've noticed that if your going to be a tight corner use his hammer or whatever it is he is holding while your playing and the chainsaw is useful for quick map travel and open areas which sadly are barely around as the Entity didn't clean up after itself and left garbage everywhere.

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

A lot of what you said can apply to any killer devoting too much time to a single survivor. Because killer X is doing it now doesn't mean killer Y wasn't the one before. Why are we singling out Hillbilly when its the player playing suboptimal?

Take a player that can't control Blight. If they struggle half the match getting one survivor, do you think they will start tunneling after catching them? Well the answer isn't black or white as it is the player actions that determine what happens next. Not due to the killer being Blight.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

That's a problem on pretty much every killer though, isn't it? People become overly reliant on their killer's power and use it so often that they waste time and have to make up for it by tunneling. Although, I feel like these are the same players that would tunnel anyway.

So I don't think this is a Hillbilly specific issue.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 741
    Options

Huntress, Hag, Spirit, and slinger pretty much have to only use their power or else they get trashed. Probably some others I’m forgetting too

• Xernoton
    Options

That's not the point. There are situations in which a simple M1 killer mind game can give you an easy hit. But many will double down on using their powers anyway and failing, which results in a lot of time wasted.

We're not talking about Nurse but Hag for example can sometimes get a hit without using her power. As can Huntress, Slinger and Spirit. You shouldn't set down a trap when you run after a survivor in a dead zone and you also shouldn't insist on using your power when there is a chance to get an easy M1 instead. At least not when you want to win.

I'm not saying you should play M1 killer and only use your power sparsely but an easy hit is better than spamming your power 10 times and wasting 20 seconds.

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

Except for 110 killers get punished more for not using their power and take longer to get hits more so than 115 killers. There is a reason why the vast majority of Huntress never m1. Spooky/Max/Seek

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    Options
  • xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

One reason Huntress is obsessed with M2 is its range, but another important point is that the situation after M2 attack is often better than after M1 attack.

Huntresses are known to be killers that are very vulnerable to short pallet loops, but will sometimes launch a mobile attack without preparing an hatchet. This is effective against survivors who read each other through pallets, and Huntress uses it as a type of feint, especially against skilled survivors. I'll give you an example of how M1 is faster than M2.

• Xernoton
    Options

Have you played Huntress before? Don't tell me you've never found yourself in a position where you could have gotten an easy M1. It happens and insisting on using your power anyway will often result in you waisting time. That is the point.

Of course you shouldn't try to play Huntress as a M1 killer in general. But when the opportunity arises, you should go for it instead of missing a bunch of hatchets. Especially when you're still learning. Just because something is possible, doesn't mean you'll be able to pull it off.

When you're as good as the people, you've mentioned then you won't miss a bunch of hatchets. This however is not the average Huntress player.

• mustdogen
    mustdogen Member Posts: 356
    edited March 11
    Options

Make his basic movements speed faster during the overdrive might could help the problem.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

This is well said. And just what happens every time.

Before, Billy was considered "bad". He was not bad at all, but his effort did not match the outcome, but he was still fun (most of the time). So people who played Billy were some Gigachads who just wanted to go for Curves and did not care too much about winning.

Now he is way stronger and also not that hard to use (he is still one of the hardest Killers in the game to play, way harder than something like Nurse for example, but backrevving does not really require much effort...), so you see people who care more about winning than having fun playing him, which reduces the overall quality of Billy-players (when it comes to skill and also when it comes to how nice they are/play).

• HexHuntressThighs
    Options

Huntress is the worst example you could've used, since you should always use a hatchet instead of an M1 because you recover much faster. You ONLY M1 if you're out of hatchets and a survivor runs into you. Every single other time you should use hatchets.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

I mean he is Trapper without traps if not using his chainsaw. I'm just glad to face Billy again the guy is clearly back now and the "Wesker in every single game" complaints is toned down lol

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
    Options

Yeah was on lerys and i got called a noob billy because i kept m1ing people. When theres a window every 2 feet what they expect me to do? And even in that case of that map i still got 6 chainsaw downs.

• jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,546
    Options

Because your using the thing he game with he has a hammer what's funnier they probably would be mad at you for only using the hammer on everyone but the obsession if you had STBFL.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,939
    Options

There was a thread a few days ago about someone complaining about Billy players M1ing instead of using their Chainsaw, now there is a thread of someone complaining about using their Chainsaw instead of M1ing.

Duality of DBD players.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,939
    Options

People will always be unhappy with the game's balance, that's the nature of any online game in the modern era.

• D3spair
    D3spair Member Posts: 713
    edited March 13
    Options

I'm a Billy Main who knows how to curve tightly and also knows Lopro Flicks.

It's honestly getting boring getting 4K 80% of the trial, that as a rule, I just use the Chainsaw every time. The only way I would go M1 is if the Survivor Teams are actually good.

The only time I ever get 1K or 2K is where I get unlucky and be sent to any Indoor Map.

My build is just Lethal Pursuer, Barbecue & Chili, Dead Lock and Bamboozle. My Entire gameplay for 80% of my Trial is just down someone in the 1st minute of the trial, Hook them then Go to someone I saw on BBQ & Chili then down them in 30 secs. Hook them and the Cycle repeats.

I can easily Kill Solo Surv Team with Billy and be left with 3 or 4 Gens remaining. Downside is I get to play on high MMR where I get a lot of SWFs offering to go to indoor Maps like RPD where I mostly get 2 or 1 Kills depending on how good they are to avoid me snowballing.

Just me saying here, Maining Billy and actually getting good at him is fun. I don't get the feeling of "There's nothing I can do to win" like when playing weaker Killers like Trapper. I actually lose when I play bad or because of Map RNG.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 313
    Options

Of course you can play power-only against bad or average teams, but there are cases where you shouldn't rely too much on your power and just m1.

Like I said I just started to play billy and have my fun with him, but the reason I'm using his power so much is that he's just a fun-character for me, I'd never play like that if I knew that I want to main him. He's one of the characters where I don't care too much if I win or loose, the characters I care about are mostly huntress and chucky and on both of them I don't care if I have to m1 to win.

And sorry I just get now what the point was, I'm sure he's fun if you get good with him, curves feel really good to pull off. Not sure if I'll play him for so long because I still dislike that your camera-movement isn't just caped but kinda chopy? I feel like I have to move his kamera in 10°-Steps instead of free movement, he feels so unprecise for me... maybe it's because I play blight and chucky normaly ^^

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

Better than billy pre buff where you're an m1 bot that needs bamboozle to maybe get a down if you're really really good at m2