Erm.. Wesker has 40m Terror Radius.. why is that?

Options
OmegaXII
OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,181

Just got my hands on him, and I'm trying to get adept on him.. But this terror radius makes me can't find anyone LOL. Why does he have larger TR than other killers though?

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,909
    Options

I did find this a bit strange. I suppose the main reason was to do with mobility, but then the right counter-argument to this would be why not Nurse and Blight too.

Maybe it's because Wesker is an icon of horror gaming to such a point his Terror Radius is larger because of this? Only reasoning I have and it's flimsy at best.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

When Wesker arrived, two voices spoke up. "Why isn't Nemesis like that!?" "Do that for the Doctor first!"

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 743
    Options

I think it’s because as a way to warn infected survivors to start prerunning due to how his power hinders survivors until they remove the infection

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited March 15
    Options

MintSkull explained it 😁

The music is simply to amazing for a standard terror radius 😍

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 708
    Options

Yeah, He needs the big terror radius in my opinion. A stealth Wesker with no terror radius makes for a very speedy GG in my experience.

But in some ways I think a bigger terror radius can sometimes throw me off because it can feel like the Killer is always around, so it's not always easy to tell exactly how close they are to you. It's part of the reason why I think Distressing can be an underrated perk.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 612
    Options

well, blight, billy and nurse are faster than him and have a 32 terror radius, but you´re probably right

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

Because he's an extremely good chase killer, possibly the best, and a sneaky Wesker means unavoidable downs. Honestly they should think like this more and give every killer a unique TR tailored to their power.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 533
    Options

It fits his more bombastic nature as a character. RE5 was about as much an action game as it was a horror game after all. Put simply, Wesker isn't one for subtlety.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,420
    Options

I've always thought that the lore reason is because he wants world domination, so he has a big terror radius.

Gameplay i think comes down to the 8% hindered from infection and the killer instinct from using a spray.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 865
    edited March 15
    Options

Doesn't make sense to me either. Can't remember reason why exactly. Probably because of his mobility, but then Blight, Billy and Nurse are even better with mobility than Wesker is and the hindered infection from Wesker can be simply removed. So i have no idea anymore. 🙃

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,282
    Options

It's because of his M2 and how fast he can be in a place at any given time.

Also remember, he has addons that extend the range of his rush.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,119
    Options

It doesn't make sense when compared to other killers. I won't be surprised if it changes in a couple years.

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 348
    Options

The 40 meter Terror Radius is actually probably a better stealth tool than smaller Terror Radius'. The fact that 40 meters is classed as the tip of the Terror Radius makes it so Wesker can get really close before the Terror Radius gains volume and shifts into the closer version of the audio. Been the experience on my end that on indoor maps the Terror Radius only clues me in to how close he is when he's within 12 meters of so of me, and by then he's either close enough to see or he gets a free hit if there's no pallets or vaults nearby.

(I don't play with visual the heartbeat on, so I dunno if that makes it obvious or not how far or close a 40 meter Killer is)

• Heliosse
    Heliosse Member Posts: 81
    Options

According to distressing, the terror radius has something to do with the smell. Sooooo, i guess Wesker stinks a lot.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,653
    Options

Mobility + built-in slow down

I guess the idea is that it makes it harder for him to land hits with his power if people are more cognizant of his approach, but I find it harder to judge his distance without LoS.

• Wibwob
    Wibwob Member Posts: 48
    Options

Besides gameplay reasons (he's fast), I always thought of the 40m as a show of respect for his character. He's arguably the big bad of the biggest horror game franchise, which is also the only licence to get two chapters. If anyone's important and powerful enough to have a huge terror radius, he's up there.

• Vulcan7471
    Vulcan7471 Member Posts: 39
    Options

guessing its because the survs also need to do an action to get rid of an effect of his power