Why no one is playing Chucky?

Options

I thought he would follow the same path as Wesker, one of the most played killers because Chucky is a lot of fun to play and strong too but it's been a while since I've seen him.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,758
    Options

Relatively hard with a controller

Imo his hitbox can be very wonky on occasions and it leads to his gameplay feeling bad tbh

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

This and the third person camera in my experience at least is just not very enjoyable / doesn’t feel right? Don’t really know how to explain it but it just kinda irks me.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

He's alot easier and thus more boring to play than wesker. There's not really any intuitive gameplay involved.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

I have a lot of fun with him, but I can't play for a long with him. 1-2 matches and I want to move on to my favorite killers. Probably because he is 4,4 and I don't love 4,4 killers too much. On top of that big af cooldown. Yeah, he is fun in power, but being slow 4,4 killer for the most part of the match just is not my cup of tea.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

If we ignore Slinger (tome) chucky is still top 5 most players killers at the moment.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 700
    Options

Can't speak for anyone else, but I just find him very boring to play.

Scamper allows you to follow survivors under pallets and around loops until you are guaranteed a hit. Why try anything interesting with his dash (that you have a higher chance of messing up) when you can reliably get a hit by just using scamper to follow survivors in circles?

Same problem I have with playing Skull Merchant. I feel like he just doesn't require any real skill or input from me beyond the basics.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,417
    Options

He is one of the most played killers however bit less than someone like Wesker that is more common.

Chucky is awesome and I love playing him, but Unknown is still kinda new in the town and I don't have energy to play this game for 10h+ a day just to play with most killers.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,092
    Options

Nightlight has him as the 6th most played, above blight. I know their stats aren't always 100% accurate but it's hard to imagine the actual number would be too ridiculously different

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 143
    Options

Very low skill cap.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 238
    Options

I get Chucky every 3-4 games solo q

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

He's a 110% Wesker without infection. If you want to play Chucky you mighy as well play Wesker

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,183
    Options

I see him kinda often. People are 100% playing him.

• MissiCiv
    MissiCiv Member Posts: 41
    Options

110% is hurting him

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Yeah, both Alien and Chucky numbers have fallen off a cliff. Back to Huntress's again.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    edited March 16
    Options

”Why does no one play the 5th or 6th //most popular// killer out of 34 killers?”

How many games did you play without facing a Chucky before you posted this? He’s fairly common.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

I see chucky pretty often.

• IHasDan
    IHasDan Member Posts: 38
    Options

For me it's the lower FOV and just got bored of him after they removed flicks. You just get a free hit every 20 seconds with scamper dash and are pretty useless being 110% until you get the power back.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 521
    Options

He's probably more popular among newer players. I actually play him quite a lot when I'm just trying to destress because he's so simple.

I think it could also be because he's a hybrid stealth/chase killer. Those two playstyles don't tend to share a playerbase, so I get it.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

He is really slow. Then when you loose track of people in chase (because of the hight), they just hold w and you run after them for ages. This makes him unfun for me. It would have been cool if the didn‘t remove the 180s.

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 124
    Options

Scamper being stronger than slice and dice makes him kinda pointless compared to wesker. The removal of 180s made the issue worse, and the insanely long cooldown can make you feel powerless.

No real skill ceiling because of scamper overshadowing slice and dice.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

I love Chucky, but I get motion sickness fast when playing killer unfortunately.

I miss going against him, he's funny and always enjoyable for me to see in a match.

Hope to see him more in the future.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,381
    edited March 17
    Options

I play chucky all the time, i love playing as him.

I have to admit though he can get a bit stale. I think his skill ceiling is not really that high, his attack hits pretty consistently.

His add-ons are also not really that good, they all got nerfed hard from PTB. I mostly use the uncommon ones. The aura ones are decent too but distortion will turn them against you which sucks.

But i love playing as him because the playstyle really suits me. I also love the character too, the voice lines are perfect.

I can see why he dropped off a bit though. I think people went back to the killers that have more of a skill ceiling. I still like playing chucky though because i prefer the easier killers, i don't have much motivation to get good at a difficult killer.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 576
    Options

This was the case at a certain point but it isn't anymore. You don't get any guaranteed hit using scamper anymore, and if you are in you're getting hits just using scamper currently, then that's on the survivors having no loop skill

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

i really love chucky and i would love to play him but i just suck with movement powers. its like my brain lacks the ability to learn how to use them

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,958
    Options

He got boring fast. It's a shame because I love Chucky, easily one of my favorite slashers but his kit is just so awfully boring. If they kept his 180 flicks he'd have something for me to try to learn and would be a killer I'd play a lot, but his skill ceiling is so low that I might as well just play Blight if I want to actually keep learning and get cool flicks.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 304
    Options

I really like to play him and to do 180s, the problem is that he's 3rd-person (I love it), if I play him for too long my muscle-memory for 1st-person dies xD

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 605
    Options

Okay this is only my experience but I find him incredibly frustrating to play, the third person camera is not to my liking, I find it super disorienting and tend to miss hits I otherwise would have gotten, I'm not good with mobility powers to begin with so the pov and awkward steering just really throws me off.