What if the scratchmarks and pools of blood were hidden after unhooking?

Options

Tunneling is one of the most talked about topics in recent times, but I and some players know that there will never be a real way to discourage this strategy. The least the devs can do is try to put up some barriers to try to make this strategy difficult without harming the game too much, but even so, tunneling will always exist.

A simple way to try to make it a little more difficult would be to hide the scratchmarks and pools of blood from the unhooked survivor during the endurence time. I don't think this change would solve all the problems but it would be a welcome and healthy change.

Comments

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I think that is a good idea as base game to start with but I do think it is going to take more to discourage tunnelling off hook. Which I hope we see in the near future...

• PinkSparklePuff
    PinkSparklePuff Member Posts: 4
    Options

Steve Harrington’s unique perk Babysitter actually hides unhooked Survivors’ scratch marks and pools of blood for the length of their endurance. It’s a fun perk that doesn’t get much love. Adding those effects to the Survivor basekit would mean it needs another change though.

In theory I think this is an innocent enough suggestion that I’d love to see tested in a future PTB, but ultimately I think it would be a band-aid situation. We already have basekit borrowed time, how many more perks can we realistically put in the unhooked Survivor basekit that will genuinely deter dedicated tunnelers?

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I’m glad to see someone else also thinking about it. I agree, hiding scratch marks and pools of blood would give Survivors a better chance at resetting especially after a bad unhook.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

You know, i like the idea but it is not enough and wont help much, if even any. See, i rather would like to go for a better and more effective aproach that actually helps then this - just because i dont want to give killer an argument or a justification for tunneling.

"You have now anti tunnel, what else do you want" while in reality, it changed barely anything.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,223
    Options

While we are at it can we please revert iron will back to 100% silence

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 403
    Options
  • OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 403
    Options

I thought about this perk. I think a change that would make this perk very good while maintaining its theme would be : After unhooking a survivor, they gain 150% speed for 4s, the exhaustion effect is only applied to you.

It's basically a SB that you bring to your teammate.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,005
    Options

I really think that should come with basekit BT, no aura, no grunting, no foot step, no scratch mark.

Basekit BT isnt appeal killers to not tunnel unhooked survivors. Given "both survivors have 2 health states", 1 auto lose a health state after 10sec and 1 doesnt. And 1 get deep wound effect make it harder to run, 1 doesnt.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,147
    Options

Add this effect to Self-Preservation so that perk can finally do something.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,065
    Options

Then you'd be running babysitter

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

It would be nice if it hid basically everything for the person you unhook

that way they have a chance to completely disappear

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 419
    Options

It really did though, at least at the time it was needed. Not even taking Spirit into consideration.

These days though where Ultimate Weapon and Nowhere to Hide exist, it may as well come back. I think it should stay at 75% it's still very powerful but that Exhausted nerf kills it. It'd be very nice to have with Lucky Break paired with Lithe or Overcome

• Valyrie
    Valyrie Member Posts: 31
    Options

Sadly the two biggest truths about this game are that it's a team based game, and that the solo Q experience is miserable since you're so restricted in terms of communication. Your teammates are solely responsible for alleviating or preventing any tunneling, and in solo Q it can feel impossible to find teams who will trade hook or health states to help you.

I think something like this could potentially help alongside a lack of player collision after being unhooked, similar to running through the killer after he hits you. Ofc Babysitter would have to seem some buffs or a rework to make this happen, but it's not impossible.

They only nerfed it to make Bite The Bullet viable, but imo Iron Will making BTB redundant should've meant that BTB sucked and should've been an entirely different perk, instead of hurting Iron Will.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 960
    Options

I don’t like the idea of introducing variable state mechanics at the games behest with no obvious connection to gameplay (how would a new player know what scratch marks are, how they’re placed) in order to counteract a gameplay style.

I still don’t like the implementation of the anti-camp feature.

(I still don’t like how Hooking survivors doesn’t seem to provide a personal benefit over outright killing them).

A large boon for tunneling is, yes, that you know where a survivor is off the hook, and if you’re a stealth killer, that the survivor doesn’t know exactly where you are.

Just suppressing everything may help some, but it doesn’t change the fact that the Killer can still use intuition and or get lucky, on top of now making the survivor feel like they’re in a very gamified state, not something that flows naturally.

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 342
    Options

They shouldn't "discourage" it. There should be a reward in place that encourages Killer to go for fresh hooks over a recycled one or a kill. This is another "short term fix" idea that floods the forums daily