If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

... Is the map Eyrie of Crows balanced at all?

Options
OmegaXII
OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,169

I'm not sure why, but I REALLY HATE this map as killer, and Survivors seem to really like to go there with Offerings :(

Aren't some of the loops just too safe? I feel so powerless in this map LOL

Comments

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 388
    Options

It's a tough one for killer, as its got good genspread and loops for survs, as well as a pretty nutty main building if players know how to loop it. It's probs the most survivor sided map in the game. I myself just got out of a match where I lost three gens with no hooks but managed to snag a 2k with Blood Warden, which is about the best I could've asked for as a wraith.

• bodilystew_
    bodilystew_ Applicant Posts: 32
    Options

It's one of the less balanced maps along with Garden

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,701
    edited March 18
    Options

The centrer of the map is kinda busted but everything else is fine. Most of the pallets in the center that spawn near or by fences cannot be mind game. Main building have one God pallet upstairs and two solid windows downstairs. A terrible pallet behind main, a bad pallet near Sarcophagu on one side of main, and a filler rock pallet usually on the other side of main. All this is reasonable to deal with it. Nearing close by the outskirts of the map u have all the traditional loops and shack. (4 lanes, LT walls, jungle gyms, long walls). Again nothing super crazy to deal with. Just the center pallets are a problem. I don't mind this map as killer that much personally. I prefer this map compare to a strong main building map like garden of joy or groaning storehouse. Much rather deal with a few god pallets over super strong windows

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited March 18
    Options

It is favouring survivor but not as bad as Badham or GoJ. The strongest parts are not the pallets itself but rather the tiles in between that let you connect with the loop. For example the small graveyard in the middle. Main building, while not loopable is also pretty strong for survivors since it is not worth chasing survivors who are upstairs. The window is pretty good with Lithe to make it back to shack or simple to the 2 Gyms.

It is not even compareable with the game the slightest, the power survivors have on this map has nothing to do with "god pallets"

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,024
    Options

Better than the old version but still very unbalanced. So many of the loops are completely safe and forced pallet breaks with very little room for actual mind gaming. Just seeing this map your chance of winning as killer goes down a lot.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,004
    Options

The map can be pretty brutal against good players on an M1 killer. The main issue is the square fillers towards the middle of the map. They create a crazy amount of distance if the survivor knows how to use them, and they're not mindgameable.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    edited March 18
    Options

As a survivor main this map still feels very survivor sided to be honest

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 70
    Options

If i'm playing a strong chase killer like Xeno or Artist, i don't mind. But if i'm playing something like Dredge or Wraith, yeah, it sucks.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    edited March 18
    Options

Yes it does it tells you how to make the map more balanced for you. Ive never had a issue getting 4ks on that map really any map for that matter killer is by far the easiest its ever been. If you wanna make things easier for you play more and get good. They also weren't asking if it was a balanced map they were talking about how hard the map is for them. Here's an example of how to ask if a map is balanced.

"Do you think (map name) is balanced?"

not

"I'm not sure why, but I REALLY HATE this map as killer, and Survivors seem to really like to go there with Offerings :(

Aren't some of the loops just too safe? I feel so powerless in this map LOL"

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,630
    Options

I don't see what the real difference is. One just asks if it is balanced, the other asks if it is balanced and then gives their thoughts on it.

No crying present from what I can tell, just that they personally find it difficult and wanted to know if others did too.

And simply playing doesn't make you better. You have to actually improve from what you did wrong. Telling someone to 'get better and play more' doesn't help because they don't know how to get better. It's like telling someone who is sad to 'just be happy'. It does nothing and just seems condescending and dismissive.

Anyway, if you still disagree then I'm not going to bother discussing or derailing this thread any further.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

i dont think @Hexling was trying to be rude i think they were just saying to keep practicing

im gonna guess you main pyramid head so some advice for you is place the lasagna in some of the strong loops

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,630
    edited March 18
    Options

Personally I do, but maybe that's just me. Getting tips and advice from another point of view is much more helpful to me then constantly playing and never picking up what I'm doing wrong. If I keep playing I might just not pick up on the small things I've done wrong, but looking at a guide or getting someone better than me to help me out can help me figure out what my issue is how I can improve.

But if you don't find that helpful, then that is fair. Everyone learns differently.

Post edited by BlightedDolphin on
  • Jocelynbee
    Jocelynbee Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,191
    Options

Please keep the thread constructive and on topic - if you have resources, ideas, or links to help out with queries, they are always appreciated!

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,033
    Options

I find it depends on the killer I'm playing.

If I'm playing Trapper, it goes without saying this map is a death sentence, there's nowhere to hide traps on this map. For others, though, the woes tend to be a little more subdued. It's got some annoying collision for the once in a blue moon where I play those killers, it has a lot of line of sight blockers if I'm trying to play a ranged killer...

...But it also has a lot of line of sight blockers, so despite the bright tone it's okay for stealth killers, and my main Clown does a fair job shutting down some of the more obnoxious loops.

It's not too bad, generally.