We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

What makes you gone afk as Killer?

Options
C3Tooth
C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
edited March 18 in General Discussions

No hook and 4 Gens done? Family asks you to do something? There is a phone call?

Or humiliated like Wraith...

@EQWashu I dont know if Wraith butt drawing allowed in the forum, I just tagging just to make sure if you have to remove the post.

Post edited by Jocelynbee on

Comments

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 385
    Options

Admit it, you created this thread just to show the wraith's Butt 😏.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,444
    Options

🤣🤣

me personally if I have no hooks and 4 gens popped. The game is over. I let the survivors go do whatever. Get challenges done, break totems, I go break walls and pallets.

They won. 🏆

However this rarely ever happens to me but it has happened for sure

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

it depends, if i´m a bit meh at the moment, a bit tired, lazy, sad, i go afk for almost any reason, like map offerings, 2 gens up 1 hook, but i usually play the match until the end [and then get teabagged by a full meta SWF using 2 bnps and 2 insta heals in eerie of crows against my mad grit forced penance spies from the shadows fire up addonless controler ps4 30 fps nemesis (I killed one of them and hooked other 2 twice but they still think i got destroyed)] :)

also nice a- i mean legs

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,630
    Options

Usually only when there’s someone waiting in the exit gate to be a jerk and I don’t feel like dealing with it. I’ll just go AFK and let them do their thing while I go on YouTube or something.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 675
    Options

Excessive killer bullying where they deliberately make pick ups and/or hooks impossible. Only way I can answer it is slugging everyone or in hindsight using lightborn which I don't like doing because I don't like preventing people who are innocently doing blind quests. Slugging everyone is not fun (okay shouldn't be fun) for anyone and can catch innocent victims. Best answer is to not give them what they want and do nothing. I stop playing and do something else and then they leave.

Gen rush me if you want but don't come into the game with the goal to point and laugh at the dumb killer who you run rings around. I don't play to win and don't equip perks to do so. I try and make the game more fun for everyone involved. Game would be 2% of the games content if played optimally all the time.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,156
    Options

4 survivors with Distortion holding me hostage. I've dealt with that twice but I will not do it again. The same goes when only 2 survivors are left and I can't find them for more than 5 minutes.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

I never AFK. That's because I'm busy practicing my moonwalk and making sure to aim accurately when blinking and shooting. I don't think there's anything more wasteful than just waiting, so I'm going to spend my time as useful as possible, but other people will be stuck at the gate. It's free.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,277
    Options

If something irl happens that makes me have to leave my PC. That's it, personally don't see the point in any other situation.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

There is nothing besides an emergency that will ever make me stay afk. And even then, i would rather DC so they get at least a bot or can move on to the next game.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

the last time i camped a gate was when i got that massive bush attached right next to the shack's window side on garden of garbage. screw that.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,540
    Options

I have gone afk when Pizza is at the door.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Why Wraith kinda...

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,705
    Options

well if we let the unusual stuff like my child waking up aside the only time i go afk is when the game is over. i often just open the gate myself and go kick some pallets or sit in the basement at that point but the number of games where survivor stayed till the last second fast vaulting the whole time like there lifes depent on them being able to tbag me is crazy

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    edited March 18
    Options

My most recent AFK's have been from getting bad maps back-to-back-to-back. I'll play out the match on bad maps, but not if it happens repeatedly.

With my current build, I no longer get upset at how fast gens pop. The build turns the match into a game of Hot Potato, and whoever gets stuck with the potato when the last gen pops will have a rough time.

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • mees
    mees Member Posts: 59
    Options

I get the rpd map offering alot, after i've played that horrible map 3 times already then im kinda done playing it, especially if i see that my tv stations on xeno are badly placed.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,211
    Options

I played left 4 dead 2 a lot, and got into the habit to disconnect instead of afk'ing.

Emergency or phonecall? I'd probably disconnect out of habit.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

get two pieces of bread and its a vampire sandwich

also wraith thicc confirmed by our good friend @C3Tooth

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

Its crazy for me that this is allowed in the main DBD forum, but banned on DBD reddit (thats not related to BHVR).

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options
  • pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,872
    Options

Mostly package deliveries, that requires me to get up and answer the door.

Sometimes the dog needs to go outside mid game.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,951
    Options

Urgent matters but I'll probably just disconnect for those. It's happened a couple of times where I just AFK in a hurry.

Never giving up has paid off for me plenty of times, there have been miracles where I still manage to 4k even at my lowest of points in the game because the survivors let their guard down on me.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

Performance issues. If the framerate is so bad that I can't land a hit, then I'm better off putting down the controller. Either way, I'm no threat to the survivors, so I might as well not frustrate myself or prolong it by slowing down gen repair.

It happens a lot on Nintendo Switch.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 165
    Options

Crow Map, Preschool Map, Garden Of Joy Map, Fathers Chappell, Ormond

• Risky_Biscuit
    Risky_Biscuit Member Posts: 95
    Options

If I get steamrolled by arrogant survivors. If they teabag me often and finish gens rapidly, or if I get barely any hooks, I'll purposely open the gates, then go hide far away so they can't get their jollies from me trying to smack them out of the exit gate. I make the end game as boring as possible for them.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 264
    Options

I've only gone AFK once as killer, when a Kate started flying around. No point in playing that one out - we all know how it will end.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,705
    Options

Best thing to do its very satisfying when they stay around for the whole collapse and fast vault.the whole time cause they are so desperate for those tbags

• Jocelynbee
    Jocelynbee Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,188
    Options

A reminder to folks that discussing negative gameplay behaviors, such as AFKing as a Killer, is not allowed per our forum rules.

This discussion has been closed.