Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is it time for a basekit DS ?

2»

Comments

• DrHyk
    DrHyk Member Posts: 62
    edited March 19

Personally I'd love to see BT get a serious buff, even if BT gave the unhooked the ability to DS stun the killer no matter if they do a conspicuous action or not. Make BT great again

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,270
    edited March 19

I'm not enforcing anything, but you're nitpicking small details from my entire post to make a demeaning response solely based on those nitpicked points, while ignoring everything else I said, that is as bad a quote mining.

Now that I've called you out on it, you seem unwilling to discuss it?

On top of that you complain that SolidRazo is ignoring your point while you are doing the same to me.

• SolidRazo
    SolidRazo Member Posts: 106

Okay cool don’t even acknowledge my point

You’re just not listening I don't even know why I bother.

• Unknown2765

Survivors dont need handholding, a statement like that makes me think you are really based. Killers are in a really good spot now, and still they constant tunnel, Survivors need a counter for that.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Survivors weaponizing a perk is not so much the problem. It has more to do with when they use it. If a survivor stabs the killer early in the match, the killer can laugh it off and recover. If a survivor stabs the killer at the end of the match, the killer cannot easily recover. Same knife, but different outcomes depending on when it's used.

If the survivors manage to weaponize the perk, let them. BUT, the strength of the perk should be tied to the match progress (repair progress).

---- Decisive Strike (Not basekit; just re-worked)

Start the trial with 10 tokens. For every 50% of current repair progress across all generators, lose 1 token. (Basically, lose 2 tokens for every completed gen. Tokens ARE regained when gens regress back below 50%). After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike activates for 10 seconds per token. While active, the next time you would be put into the dying state stun the killer for 1 second per token. You become the Obsession after stunning the killer. Taking any Conspicuous Action will deactivate Decisive Strike.

"Wait. DS for 100 seconds and a 10s stun!?" Yes, ONLY IF the killer is tunneling before any gen has passed 50%. The earlier in the match the tunneling occurs, the stronger the effects of anti-tunnel will be. The last gen has 50% left to go? 10s of protection and a 1s stun. Gens are done? No protection. No stun.

More likely, if the killer loses 3 gens in a chase before hooking, and the survivors manage to repair another 50% by the time the hooked survivor is rescued and tunneled, that survivor will have 30s of protection and a 3s stun. Keep in mind that the killer cannot slug it out and wait. They will have to track that survivor and wait out the DS, and because the duration is dynamic the killer will not know exaclty when it has expired.

• tubalcane
    tubalcane Member Posts: 165

How do you counter?

Run. Loop. Bring Perks. Get Help. List goes on and on and on

• Unknown2765
    edited March 23

If it were that easy, I doubt there would be the amount of complaints that there currently is.

On the other hand, the easy counter for basekit DS would be to chase someone else.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,126

They can have base kit DS if I get base kit Corrupt. (Lesser version of the perk corrupt)

That’s my compromise.

• tubalcane
    tubalcane Member Posts: 165

It is easy, just work on these. All the advantages in the world - able to see 3rd person up and above everything gives you the advantage on every loop. The game is so easy for survivors now and folks like you keep asking for more!

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited March 26

What's next? basekit FTP and buckle up maybe?

This has gone really far, at that point just erase hitbox of hooked survivors for two minutes, or until conspicuous actions.