Question for dbd players

Options
menacing_goose
menacing_goose Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 111
edited March 20 in General Discussions

Honestly just curious if you guys like easier matches. Personally I’m not a fan of my matches being super easy on both side I find winning against survivors at 5-3 gens boring and I find going against a baby killer that can’t get downs or hooks boring. While I do enjoy the feeling from going on a 5 gen run if it’s against someone who hardly knows what they’re doing it takes the whole feeling of accomplishment. If all my matches felt like I’d have to put it little effort I wouldn’t want to play the game because of how stale the game would feel so I wanted to hear what other people think. This is not meant to start any arguments btw just a genuine questions I’m curious of.

edit - this question came up because of how my matches have been lately

Post edited by menacing_goose on

Comments

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 743
    Options

If it's too easy its boring to me, if it's too hard I still think it's fun UNLESS they do the W Key strat. Or hiding constantly. I've only Dc'ed 3 times in 3 years and it's against W Keyers or people who hide. I just said sorry for DC'ing but that playstyle is way too boring for my ADHD brain.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Nope. Stomps aren't fun for anyone involved, in my opinion.

• Samatrain
    Samatrain Member Posts: 80
    Options

I like a good challenge. Easy games are no fun... either end too quickly or I just feel bad. No better feeling than persevering against an enemy that's put up a good fight, and comebacks are especially rewarding! Also you definitely learn the most from those tough games, especially the ones you lose.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 497
    Options

I don't think anyone wants consistently easy matches. Sometimes it's nice to have an easy match inbetween all the sweaty ones, but in general, people want less one sided stomps, which happen more often than they should.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

I love matches that are evenly matched, and secondly I love matches that aim for a comeback. What made me feel bad about losing was the fight against SWF, who did nothing but make fun of me, even though there was no way for me to win physically.

However, based on the general posts on this forum, it seems like many people don't like competitive matches. This is because competition is always about winning and losing, but many argue that only losing is unfair.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,146
    edited March 20
    Options

Honestly I hate it, its like I learned to ride a bike with broken wheels and then they gave me a new set of wheels with training wheels included after I already was riding without that, that's the best way I can explain it from a day one player POV, it really doesn't matter the role either.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

I like a mixture of games. Easy ones are fun cause they give me a sense of power whether as Survivor or Killer. Balanced games let me see both my skill but the skill of others, and can lead to tense plays that if played back can be seen as the deciding moments. And than sweat games help me think on my feet and see what works.

The only games I hate are the ones people give up in. Im guilty of it to and try to use it as my barometer of when I need to stop playing, but having Survivors go AFK or DC when I play Skull Merchant or Legion is just boring.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,409
    Options

I firmly believe many players are dodging lobbies just to make their matches easier, in either role. Be it to avoid suspected SWF or certain cosmetics or prestiges or whatever.

Unfortunately this borks up their MMR system badly, leading to backfilling problems that causes the horrible mismatches that players complain about all the time. And in the name of queue times too, people have said they won't wait around for ten+ minutes for it to find near same level trials repeatedly.

Whenever they do stricter MMR, the players now complain about back to back sweaty matches too. Sounds like we don't want it too casual or too competitive either. But then we dodge 2-7 lobbies every time for ehhhh reasons. I don't envy the devs this problem at all.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

I prefer a bit of everything. Sure stomping every game is boring. But sweating every match isn't any more fun. But both can be enjoyable every once in a while. Just not every game.

• Nightmarefan
    Nightmarefan Member Posts: 65
    Options

I want a decent chance at winning but not a guarantee so not too easy or hard.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,146
    Options

I think that's my problem is I enjoy sweating when I play, I want an intense back and forth battle win or lose, something that really has me working for the W, those are the best games when both sides had such a challenging match they show respect at the end where it could've went either way instead of the childish banter you see occasionally.