Why Survivors don't enjoy playing againts Freddy?

Options

It doesnt make sence because:

- He is one of the weakest killers, meaning he is easy to beat

- He is predictible and somewhat easy to understand power

- His addons are pretty much joke

- He is very rare so it should be refresing to see him since he is very uncommon

Yet he Is usualy bottom at "fun to go againts" lists.

Comments

• ChuckingWong
    ChuckingWong Member Posts: 188
    Options

Who is saying this exactly?

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,342
    Options

I saw some comments and tierlists from reddit and he is usualy in C or lower tier.

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 302
    Options

Pig and Trapper are also bottom tier killers and they're still really unfun to play against for me.

Relative strength has no impact on enjoyment, it's about the usual playstyle that's a result of that strength that counts.

In Fredward's case, fake pallets can be fun to play around but they're strictly worse than the puddles so most opt for those instead and fhe issue with that is that it just turns him into another binary anti loop killer.

Combine that with the fact that most Freddy's I encounter have a tendency to have noed and play very emotionally its rarely ever engaging when I see one.

I still think he should be buffed or reworked to be better though.

• ChuckingWong
    ChuckingWong Member Posts: 188
    Options

So... because you saw some comments on the internet... You made a post asking why people dont like meyers? Like as if its a popular consensus? Am I getting this correct?

Care to link these by the way? Not the tier list but the people disliking him.

I can find many comments on the internet of people saying the opposite, and probably a higher number of them as well so im just a bit confused about the post in general.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,668
    edited March 23
    Options

He’s pretty meh to play against for a few reasons.

He has next to no power so there’s nothing special about playing against him. There’s no tension or feeling that either player out played the other while at the same time his snares just encourage you to predrop rather than loop so the fun aspect of a chase is not there. If he has the Dream Pallets then it’s more enjoyable but newer maps have been removing Pallet spawn locations so not many people really run it anymore.

Most Freddy’s run full slowdown and that’s boring. Can’t really blame them though, nothing else really synergies with him and any perk involving the terror radius or stealth is just useless on him.

Teammates. I think this is the main reason people don’t like him. It’s annoying watching teammates run across the map constantly to wake up instead of repairing gens or blowing up your nearly completed gen. Add on to that Freddy having full slow down and the game can take a long time to progress.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Freddy is not weak, it's a user error for alot of these people hating on him

• Gabe_Soma
    Gabe_Soma Member Posts: 276
    Options

Why Survivors don't enjoy playing againts Freddy?

Never heard or seen anyone utter this sentence, but why do you like spreading disinformation so much?

Were you running out of threads to create today?

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675
    Options

Oh 100% Freddy is trash. However, the gameplay going against him is just so uninteresting and boring even if he is easy to beat. I would have more fun facing a decent blight and losing then facing a Freddy and winning.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,238
    Options

I guess Im in the minority when I say I dislike going against Freddy. He is simply man with funny glove who needs to wait a full minute to make Survivors susceptible to a worst Clown bottle.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,760
    edited March 23
    Options

Dislike for facing a killer is not always related to the strength of the killer.

For example Legion is not strong by any stretch of the imagination but a lot of people don't like facing them because they're tedious with the constant mending.

I know some people who don't like facing Freddy because they just find him dull. They think his power is boring, the dream world offers nothing unique like it did with old Freddy where being awake or asleep really mattered for Freddy to interact with survivors.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,917
    Options

Weak =/= fun to go against

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

This ^^

Well said, friend.

That is the main problem with Freddy, how dull he currently is. There is nothing truly special about him, not anymore, and this has an impact on how people feel when playing him, both as and against.

Back in the good old days, being awake or asleep mattered. Now, Freddy doesn't have much to offer. And to me, that is devastating.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,879
    Options

Weak ≠ fun to go against.

I personally dont enjoy going against him because his power just isnt interesting. The reason why I also dont like playing him.

He is a weaker Clown (and Clown himself is also boring to go against), doesn't have any unique ability to juke (Like a Nurse blink or Wesker dash for example), his Dreamworld is just bad and ugly to look at. He'll always start teleporting but never actually commit which is also quite exhausting after the 50th time.

He lacks anyform of uniqueness, he is weak uninspired and unfun for both sides. Old Freddy at least had something going for him.

• bodilystew_
    bodilystew_ Applicant Posts: 32
    Options

If I had to guess I'd say it's because his counterplay is just predrop W key. Since his power slows you down, you're forced to play super safe and predrop everything which is very boring in my opinion

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 791
    Options

He's just a bit bland, but nowhere near the bottom of the list in terms of fun to play against.

Certainly better than old Freddy, though.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,611
    Options

One day people will learn that strength and fun are not mutually exclusive