For realsies fellas, what's going on?

Options
Wowie
Wowie Member Posts: 559
edited March 25 in General Discussions

There are two times I've gotten more than one BPS in a match and both ended with the killer hard tunneling and a fat mori.

Survivors aren't exempt from this either! Map offering after map offering with absolutely atrocious sportsmanship all around.

What's happening to people that makes them so angry and competitive lately?

Comments

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

It's okay to do whatever it takes to win. It's frustrating that many people don't have both perspectives when talking about balance.

Both killers and survivors feel pushed toward each other, so they are inevitably competitive.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489
    Options

Thats how killers play. And thats why i dont throw bps anymore. Whats the point in using a really rare offering that benefits the killer more than myself?

Also i understand survivors using maps, cause if you get tunneled at least you may have some map advantage.

The matches all became trash and devs are not willing to change anything. Survivors are especially embittered.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Well I play of meta killers with of meta perks and bring my own bps and try to vibe and have a semi serious game but gen just get slammed and I get tbags at the gate.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,070
    Options

I determined the only reasonable explanation is that everybody hates me and does not want to share their tasty treats with me 😞

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 433
    Options

As survivor I unironically get barely any BPS anymore so when I do I save them for when I'm not solo. On killer I always use them if I have them.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 372
    Options

This is what has been happening with my games as well. Just trying to maximize for all during event then gens just light up and it ruins any chances of that.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 533
    Options

Since the event started i've seen 2 anniversary cakes, a flan & 3 bps that weren't mine 3 of those 5 offerings were brought by killers all 3 hard tunnelled at 5 gens.

I have brought anniversary cake every game (crazy clearly) most survivors only bring escape cakes (dont want to boost tunnelling killers which does get understandable after a while)

Occassionally they throw in a green envelope so we all at least get a boost.

Though have to say both sides are playing to win as quickly as possible for the most part seems to be an absolute stomp one way or the other most games.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,418
    Options

personally i don't burn cakes or use my best add ons because in like 3 out of 10 matches i'll get kicked because of s*it servers or there is a cheater. and i'm also reluctant because of the amount of self bp offerings and map offerings i see every time.

• Wowie
    Options

people run personal offerings because BPS are rare and every time they do run one something terrible happens or they're the only person, so they feel they've wasted it

but it's a self-enforcing cage

don't run BPS because no one else will --> no one runs BPS

and thank God BHVR decided to not enable event offerings, I was really worried they'd be worth using at some point!

• NerfDHalready
    Options

my main concern is the prevalency of blatant or subtle cheating and servers kicking me way too often, and i understand not everybody has hundreds of bps/cakes.

honestly i'm also glad useless event offerings are kept disabled because they aren't something that benefits everybody like red envelopes. hell they don't even properly benefit the user.

• Wowie
    edited March 25
    Options

apparently they have an unlabeled +50% BP effect which would definitely be better than bound envelopes, but that's just what i've heard.

and regardless they're still taking up space in the bloodweb so i'd rather them be active so there's some pretend use for them

• BlightAbuser
    BlightAbuser Member Posts: 108
    Options

All of my games have been full of BPS and Anniversary cakes. Been quite delightful pulling in 300k BPs per match, on average.

• Wowie
    Options
  • Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,130
    edited March 25
    Options

Winning usually gives you more bloodpoints than not winning. And if people are like me, and they have every single perk unlocked on every single killer, and every single perk unlocked on every single survivor, and their mains are already stocked to the brim with items and addons. What is the point of bloodpoints? Bloodpoints are completely irrelevant to me.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,235
    Options

After so many times you bring an offering and a Killer hard tunnels you just kind of give up on using cakes or bps. Instead, you being map offerings.

It used to be (at least for me) that hard tunneling and trying to 4 person slug was maybe in about 20 to 30% of the games so it was an occasional nuisance. Now, it's the majority of games. If I bring a favourable map offering I get more BP because, even when I lose, I get more of a chance to play the game.

In my opinion, if BHVR just gave tunneling the MFT treatment a substantial portion of the animosity would decrease. Survivors wouldn't feel as much animosity and this would decrease the toxic behaviour shown to Killers. Killers would get less toxic behaviour and that would decrease their animosity.

It wouldn't stop it of course but toxicity breeds toxicity and players should be able to expect that even if they lose they got a chance to play. Being tunneled at the beginning of the match removes that and it's understandable why someone would be upset, especially if they play something to benefit everyone, if someone does their best to just eliminate them from the match at the beginning.

• NerfDHalready
    Options

oh didn't know that, would be nice. i'm sure they can be used next year since the event was announced to be annual.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,387
    Options

As killer i want to win because if you don't people will just insult you. I tried running different killer builds than usual this morning and gens want too fast, i got no kills and tbags and flashlight spam and insults from multiple survivors in end game chat.

I don't want to lose because it just gives these people ammunition to be toxic towards you. So i will give myself the best chances to avoid that. That means tunnelling/camping and meta builds. That's just the way the game is. People really need to understand that people do not want to lose.

About the event. Well, some people don't care about bloodpoints. P100 is a pure social gimmick, i personally don't care about getting it. I have all the items i need, and all the perks unlocked, i don't really need bloodpoints but i spend them anyways.

I am using bps and cakes. I think people that hoard bps/cakes because they die early or they hate the other side are being ridiculously spiteful to a point where they are depriving themselves to deprive other people.