If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Chucky should be popular pick but why he is so rare?

Options

See maybe one chucky per few days yet he is one of the most picked Killers, that doesn't make sence. With Weskers and Blights it is accurate since they are played the most and you see them daily pretty much.

Comments

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 393
    Options

I made a post like this recently because no one was playing him and the responses were that it was impossible for the sixth most popular killer not to be seen...

I thought it was just me who was going crazy.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 320
    Options

I would think it depends on how many matches you play and how long. With 30+ killers it could be super random. One day you get 4 matches with a particular killer another day none of that killer.

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 137
    Options

Today I saw a couple of Chucky (I played about 6 - 7 games). In my European server they are not at the level of Blight, Huntress and Wesker... but it is quite popular. we must also consider that there are 35 killers, in one day of gaming it is impossible to see them all (unless you are a streamer and are streaming a marathon 🤣)

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,121
    edited March 22
    Options

I think it's really this simple. Also a fact that not every killer is going to be Wesker where they are played far above the average.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 205
    Options

1000% correct. If you miss with the power, you have to be a powerless 110% killer for 18 seconds. Thats a brutal experience

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,719
    Options

Wesker, blight, huntress and billy are the only common killers for me. Should we be shock that most killers have a 2% between 3% pick rate when it's so many in the game

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 73
    Options

I don't know, i really didn't like the killer that much. I rather play Xeno who is faster and has very good mobility.

As a survivor, i see one Chucky in like 15 games or something. He's not that common, really.

• HINGIRIK
    HINGIRIK Member Posts: 103
    Options

I love playing Good Guy in Gideon. There are a lot of spots to moon rushing( or slice&dice ?? ) and hug tech. I love playing, and I encounter it every time I enter a game. I can't help but say this: I entered the game before Twins had a kill switch. I played 5 games and the Twins came in all of them. I got angry and closed the game.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 359
    Options

Chunky is fun for survivors to juke but feels like he has limited skillexpressuon as Chucky just goes for guaranteed hits.

Either you just scamper, or you just spam your power until you get guaranteed M2 or survivor gets zoned into M1

Unknown is the way more fun killer for his expression, I guess.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,010
    Options

Either way, it killed the fun of the character. I would rather they bring back the crazy flicks, and then fix the crawling under the pallet so you don't just go for free m1s.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    edited March 23
    Options

Think he was only really popular because Chucky was the latest killer that launched at the time the pick rates were shown.

In my opinion Chucky is just really boring, there's little skill expression for both sides. He's basically a free Oni dash that only injures survivors, faster to activate, easier to see survivors during the dash, and can only be used once per 18 seconds. Since he's 3rd person, he has a much larger field of view than the rest of the killers and is ridiculously easy to mindgame with. If I want to continuously learn, I would just play Blight. His curve hits are far more fun and satisfying to land, especially with bump logic. If they kept Chucky's 180's, I may have a different opinion about him because he'd have a much higher skill ceiling.

Scamper also sucks, literally free down behind pallet simply by pressing spacebar.

It's a shame because Chucky is my favorite horror slasher of all time. His voicelines are spot-on, his model and cosmetics are excellent, but his gameplay is just so lackluster.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

I see him fairly often. I just had my first game against a Wesker in about a month, and I haven't seen a Legion (shockingly) for a few weeks. As someone mentioned above, there's 35 killers now. There may be a top 10 but they're still diluted by 25 other killers.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Sadly my friend they changed how he works for console. More frustrating from what I heard.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,600
    edited March 23
    Options

They decided to remove the skill expression from his kit while keeping in brainless scamper, so really his skill ceiling is a lot lower than it should be and he just feels like an easier (and weaker) version of Nurse/Blight, and really the whole point of playing them is for their strength not because of their interactive and engaging kits.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,760
    Options

One of the reasons my friend stopped is because they just removed a lot of the fun stuff to do. Scamper brain just isn't really engaging (waiting for a pre drop to instantly scamper under pallet then dash).

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,331
    Options

As others have said, most likely due to the Nerfs which lets him get most hits by Scamper. However, the Nerf was necessary, it was just stupid what Chucky could do befeore.

IMO they should nerf Scamper A LOT. And then compensate this by lowering the Cooldown of his ability so that Chucky is allowed to use it more often so that it is not that punishing, but also make the Scamper-plays not resulting in free Hits most of the time. Would make the character way more interesting to play.

But also - we have 35 Killers. We are at the point were every Killer is "rare", simply because statistically you will encounter every Killer around 2-3 times in 100 games. (And IMO this is a good point to slow down the releases. We dont need 4 Chapters each year, 3 Chapters is more than enough...)

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 204
    Options

He’s good but Wesker is better.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    edited March 24
    Options

He is 110%, which made me loose on big maps alone. Then when you lose survivors in chase, because of your height, you basically can‘t catch up for the next 20s.

Then the removal of his 180 flicks was just unnecessary and his addons are just terrible.

Why did they nerf his addons in the past weeks? Portable Tv was 100% some weeks ago (now 70%) and I don‘t know what they did also change.

Post edited by jonifire on
  • Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 433
    Options

Chucky just became boring overtime his power takes way too long to get back your just a 110 m1 killer for half the game

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,170
    Options

I stopped playing him, when they removed 180° flicks. The restricted angles feel terrible and now his main strength is scamper into hit, which I find beyond boring. So I have absolutely no reason to play this killer ever again. What I liked about him is gone and what remains isn't fun for me.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 451
    Options

I don't really understand why a supposed stealth killer has a base terror radius of 32 meters and can only go undetectable for a relatively short amount of time.

If you want to use your power to sneak up on people you basically have no power after you get your first hit. If you wait until you injure someone then you have no stealth.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,384
    Options

This is the truest answer to the question. There are a lot of Killers in the game these days. If all of them were played equally, each one would only appear in less than 3% of matches. Even with a more popular Killer like Chucky, it's easily possible to go many matches without seeing one due to pure chance. They are out there, though!

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

He feels extremely clunky to play on console for me now compared to how he used to. I'd compare him with Oni levels of clunkiness in terms of trying to hit your dash power, just doesn't feel good.