I think we as a community can say The Unknown is D tier at best

Options
geo_mp5
geo_mp5 Member Posts: 3

His power is way too easy to get rid of, way too fast to get rid of, hitting them again with your power after survivors get rid of weakened feels like more time has been wasted and you have to again go through another loop of hoping that the survivor doesn't get rid of their weakened before you get in the next hit.

I feel like he needs 1 small buff and that is to how long his weakened status effect lasts, because this alone feels tedious to play as him against experienced survivors that can get rid of weakened pretty easily.

Comments

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 658
    Options

His power is fine. Survivors need to be rewarded for dodging uvx.

The trick is to either never miss, or don't be embarrassed by playing shy and break LOS after missing. I think it's worth it to play around Unknowns cool downs

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,171
    Options

Definitely not D tier. Removing his power is something newer players / low MMR will struggle with, so in that respect I imagine he has better results in that bracket than he would in mid-high MMR. Those who use his teleportation effectively have better results than those who don't, in my experience. I've run past multiple hallucinations in chase in previous games and the killer hasn't taken advantage of it, they've just relied on their UVX power to get downs, which I've just dodged or removed.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Unknown is B+

Realistically, the Tier lists aren’t accurate. They vary between skill levels. Watch the most accomplished players (who master any game, any genre) playing these Killers. The ceiling for DBD Killers isn’t reached by average players. When expert players invest thousands of hours into Killer, any new character is mastered within a couple of weeks to the extent of consistent 3/4K; especially with the buffs Devs have given to Killer, in order to cater to average and low skilled players.

It’s very good that the Devs have made great effort to help Killer players. The flipside to those benefits is that expert players (and those who enhance their skill levels) end up 3/4K’ing with ease.

The Unknown really is better than players realize.

The skillset of players determines how they’ll view a Killer’s worth.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,205
    edited March 27
    Options

D-tier? Is this a joke??

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 653
    Options

B+ tier, he´s worse than pinhead and better than hag

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 79
    edited March 27
    Options

What was that meme again? Bait used to be believable?

He's Upper B, maybe even A tier.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

A lot of people put Unknown in the B tier, and I generally agree. The weakened status is a well-balanced debuff, which is a bit weak if your goal is to reduce chase time, but it also has the side effect of making it easier to hit survivors by not running the shortest distance.

Above all, the unexpected nature of warp use confuses survivors. It's inconvenient but practical.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,773
    Options

Lol, sounds like the OP is either trolling or out of touch with the community. Just a quick scroll through of responses seem to have the majority putting him in B tier. I generally agree with that assessment.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 472
    Options

If you couldn't remove weakened by staring at him he'd easily be one of the best killers in the game, the fact u can though puts him down a lot.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,681
    Options

I'd personally put him around high B or low A from my experience.

It's still pretty early though so opinions will certainly change. The teleport is pretty nice and you can get a lot of cheeky hits with his power as well as free zoning in many cases. Seems overall fairly decent.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 27
    Options

Everyone who plays both Survivor and Killer appreciates Unknown to some extent. He doesn't have anything outstanding just looking at his chasing ability, but he does have decent gen management ability. After all, this game is about completing/sabotaging the gen.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 611
    Options

He is the only killer so far who is getting weaker by participating in chase.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,546
    Options

Bit high B tier. Once you get survivors who are decent and know how to counter you, you will hit your shots way less offten and TP husks will be tiny at best.

Definitly not A tier.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 604
    Options

High B to Mid A Tier. Idk how anyone can think a 115 Ranged Killer with a TP is bad, especially when they can wallbang and their power is designed in a way that it somewhat thrives on indoor maps.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,801
    Options

A-Tier, without any doubt. The teleport alone makes Unknown B-Tier at least.

• Paris_SkyYT
    Paris_SkyYT Member Posts: 7
    Options

Isn't D tier a little harsh? Like it's not the best of the best, but it definitely deserves a higher rank than D.

• AchlysShadeslayer
    AchlysShadeslayer Member Posts: 21
    Options

If we're judging rank based off stomping new players then Hag and Trapper is about S rank cause new players don't even look down long enough to see the traps, let alone disarming or remembering the locations of traps. I think The Unknown is mid at best. Playing against him is boring and is hardly different from any other m1 killer and playing as him sucks cause his power is even more buggy than Knight and its annoying, plus his perks aren't interesting. It's just slightly better TofT, slightly worse Superior Anatomy, and a perk handcrafted for Doctor's impossible skill check build. Otherwise they are all nothing burgers. This update had an interesting survivor/survivor perks, an pretty awesome map, and a meh killer.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 887
    Options

At least B tier. Also would consider it some what of a noob stomper. Will be strong against newer players that don't really look back or fumble a lot doing it while the much better survivors can look back and still loop just fine.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,678
    edited March 27
    Options
    1. He can hit through walls and even if he doesn't, the fact he can hinders survivor looping efficiency,
    2. He can hit multiple survivors at once, and weakness can only be removed by looking at him. If he hits and runs, his next encounter with a survivor will be vs. UVX off cooldown.
    3. UVX can be shot quite far, and good aim can ricochet around walls and through gaps at angles that other killers can't hit, especially when combined with the previous 2 points.
    4. He has good map mobility with his Hallucinations, which can also double up as an anti loop ability in a similar vein to Dredge.

I don't know where you get D tier from my guy... this killer is way more effective than Trapper, Freddy or Myers, I'd put him at least comparable to the likes of Dredge or Pinhead, and more likely lingering in the realms of Demogorgon for his map presence and loop zoning power alone... let alone the skill shots he can pull off.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 611
    edited March 27
    Options
    1. Maps require walls and survivors should be hugging those. Most people who know how his power works will simply avoid doing so.
    2. Even if he hits 2 or 3 survivors at once, which is most common during unhook, survivors will begin getting rid of the effect immediately, unless it's one of those orbital trickshots. The moment killer decides to go for someone, the survivor ( provided competent ) will try to look back and have debuff removed. Looking back also allows to anticipate the shot and dodge it because projectile takes ages to reach the target.
    3. For long range UVX shots you probably need addon. Even then it isn't that much of the progress because the moment you start the chase, the effect of weaken will likely get dispelled.
    4. His mobility is countered by survivors ( competent ) by dispelling his illusion the moment he does teleport somewhere ( survivors can see if his power is in cd by looking at illusion's pose ) so most of the time he has like 1 or 2 illusion placed. His ability to delay the illusion placement is only good at forcing survivors out of loops. If you put it near gens thinking you can return back anytime know that the moment survivor sees it and knows you are chasing someone or busy elsewhere your illusion will be gone in few seconds.

This killer needs addon that applies weaken on survivors when they do gen as well as red addon that makes them all start weaken in order to try to capitalize on weakness effect at all. Without those, he has close to nothing and any decent survivor can keep him occupied long enough to let others do a gen or two. If this killer decides to play nice and not tunnel then 95% of time it's gg for him unless he has super-end game build and survivors don't touch totems at all. So far all games I played against him were more or less an easy experience because of how simple it was to get rid of weaken status and how easy it was to cull illusions on sight.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    edited March 27
    Options

He is A- tier imo.

He can put pressure easily with the teleports, you can remove his copies but it take a lot of time and he can easily leave a lot of them

Getting rid of the "infected" state is not easy at all, in fact you have to look at him too much time imo and he can hit through walls.

The AOE of the explosion is big, for avoiding the explosion you have tu turn a lot, losing a lot of distance from him, it is not like avoiding Huntress hatchets or Deathslinger shots, also those killers are 4.4 and he is 4.6. Also any mildly narrow zone is almost a guaranteed hit.

The cooldown for his power is small, so failing a shot is very forgiving.

Also I noticed that his terror radius music is too quiet with the distance layers not too noticeable, so you sometimes hear the terror radius music and think he is more far away than how close he is.

Overall his power is too easy to use considering how much value you get from it (Skull Merchant Syndrome).

He is the first killer that need nerfs since the release of the Skull Merchant imo. As a note, I'm main killer, so it is not a biased opinion.

• Linkbond
    Linkbond Member Posts: 6
    Options

He is also the ONLY killer who can hit through walls and do damage(Doctor can only make your character more crazy through walls and the only other killer who can even interact (outside of technically Artist and if you are good, Pinhead) through walls). And while Artist technically CAN hit through walls, she either has to stack crows(when at range) or be at a rather close range(for an actual hit). As for Unknown, the fact that they get to the other side of the map in an instant (which no other killer comes close to outside of Nightfall state Dredge) and basically for sure wins chases unless they are really bad at the game. As a note, out of the FOUR matches I had against Unknown, only ONE match resulted in all four survivors getting out(they got greedy trying to stop me from escaping and I broke free as a result(which I found out that they had Hubris as a result of), two matches were COMPLETE stomps and the fourth we ended up at a hatch match real quick and thankfully had one get out as a result. As someone who rarely plays killer, even I think I could easily win a match with Unknown and that's saying something. Anyone who thinks that he is D teir is VERY wrong honestly. D teir implys that the survivors basically have to throw to lose against the killer and only Legion and Doctor meet that imo given how easy it is to counter their powers(being spread out with Legion and running Calm Spirit against Doctor). As for Unknown, he is at least B+ to me.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 288
    Options

I see these posts with evey recently released killer. Can't wait for the anniversary to see the reasons why the next killer is going to be a D 😅

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 265
    edited March 28
    Options

Unknown is way better than D tier. He has the best teleport power in the game aside from Hag (and Nurse I guess) that you can camp with, shut down loops with, etc that outclasses nearly every other teleport in the game and you can act incredibly quickly after teleporting. Removing the clones is almost required if you want to do gens or loop in an area, which also makes him much stronger against solo queue where survivors don't necessarily know where you've been and where your illusions are.

The UVX can only be removed by proximity with the killer which allows you to apply pressure on survivors while tunneling (during unhook, catching multiple survivors) that is not easy to undo. Not to mention you can be wallbanged by UVX and you're guaranteed another shot before the survivor can cleanse it, PLUS the UVX shot can easily be cancelled for zoning since the slowdown doesn't apply immediately.

He's hard to use but easily better than average which puts him above more than half the cast.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,419
    Options

He's not doing anything special against good survivors so at most he's B.

But D is too low.

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 234
    Options

Lmao.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,171
    Options

Not ranking based on stomping new players at all. I'm responding to OPs buff ideas. OP felt his UVX power needs a buff, and I was trying to point out that doing so will just predominantly affect newer or less experienced players. More experienced players will still adapt.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 604
    Options

Mostly unrelated to the point but we can't be discussing wallbangs without mentioning the boy PH. Unknown merely adopted the dark, Pyramid Head was born in it, molded by it.